Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acampo

ProActiv BP Transition to CSR BP Breakout?

I am wondering if i swicth from ProActiv BP to CSR BP, will there be a initial breakout from the switch? I have been on the regime from about 5 weeks and my face is clearing up nicely. ProActiv BP at the moment is working for me, but it is expensive and from I read the results are temporary, etc. Should i consider the switch or stick with ProActiv? I am about to run out of my ProActiv Bp and considering to the CSR BP or ProActiv.

Thanks

The results that you will see from the CSR bp will not be any more long term than the results from proactive bp. Some people experience an initial breakout when switching products as skin may need to adjust, or certain ingredients may cause problems for some people...it is different for everyone though.

I use proactive bp with the CSR and it is working great. Some people prefer the CSR gel because they don't like the scent of proactive, but it doesn't bother me. The proactive bp actually contains some moisturizing ingredients that I don't think the CSR gel has, so I imagine the CSR gel could cause a bit more dryness.

The reason you have probably heard that results from proactive can be more temporary is because if you use the whole proactive 3 step system your face may eventually become irritated (due to the harsh scrubby cleanser) and irritation can lead to more acne. This happened to me on proactive (my face turned to painful red sandpaper) and when I switched my cleanser to Neutrogena Extra Genlte Cleanser it calmed down and cleared up a lot.

I am wondering if i swicth from ProActiv BP to CSR BP, will there be a initial breakout from the switch? I have been on the regime from about 5 weeks and my face is clearing up nicely. ProActiv BP at the moment is working for me, but it is expensive and from I read the results are temporary, etc. Should i consider the switch or stick with ProActiv? I am about to run out of my ProActiv Bp and considering to the CSR BP or ProActiv.

Thanks

hey man...i recently tried to switch from dans BP from Proactiv...dans stuff didnt work for me at all...if the PROactiv is working, id say stick to it...as for the results, its all bp so if proactivs temporary, dans bp will be temporary too

i personally think the proactiv bp is way better than dan's but i can't afford to buy theirs so i just use dan's. i wish someone would find a way to make a product as effective as benzoyl peroxide but that somehow doesnt dry out SO intensely. or maybe one that lasts longer so you only need to do it at night. if i had a regimen i only had to do at night or once a day i'd be fuckin stoked, cause it really sucks trying to plan my mornings and evenings around my regimen applications. i even tried missing some occasionally and it wasnt pretty man, i broke out every time.