Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
m4x

Best balance of omega 3-6-9?

Hi!

I have acne prone skin and will follow a vitamin program. The problem is that I dont know how much i should take and how to get a good balance with 3-6-9.

I have read some threads here and its written that to much of ex. omega 3 can disturb omega 6 or whatever and get it worse.

Whats your recommendation to take? Here is what I thought to take:

MultiOmega

Borage Oil 400mg

Fish Oil 400mg

Flax Oil 400mg

2 caps / day and:

Evening Primrose Oil 1300mg 1 cap / day

Flaxseed Oil 1000mg 1 cap / day.

How do you think? Is this a good balance of omega 3-6-9? Do I need to take higher dosage if im suffering of acne?

//Max

Hi!

I have acne prone skin and will follow a vitamin program. The problem is that I dont know how much i should take and how to get a good balance with 3-6-9.

I have read some threads here and its written that to much of ex. omega 3 can disturb omega 6 or whatever and get it worse.

Whats your recommendation to take? Here is what I thought to take:

MultiOmega

Borage Oil 400mg

Fish Oil 400mg

Flax Oil 400mg

2 caps / day and:

Evening Primrose Oil 1300mg 1 cap / day

Flaxseed Oil 1000mg 1 cap / day.

How do you think? Is this a good balance of omega 3-6-9? Do I need to take higher dosage if im suffering of acne?

//Max

I've heard that Hemp seed oil has the best ratio of Omegas - I take 1 tablespoon a day of it. You might want to try shelled Hempseeds, too - they're very healthy. The brand I use is Nutiva.

I'm not sure what the ideal dosage is, but Nature's Plus makes an Omega 3-6-9 formula. It is supposed to be a good balance, and is probably easier considering it is just one softgel a day. Good Luck!