Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Okay, well today one of my friends brought her digi cam into school. She was taking pictures of everyone and even though I was dreading having mine taken, I let her because I didn't want to seem moody or anything.

Then tonight on Msn she sent me the picture and I look absoloutely disgusting. There are like a million tiny red dots on my face and a few blackheads. :(

So I went onto Photoshop and edited the picture to make my skin look clear and I looked so much better. I just looked normal and happy and smiley with clear skin, and I keep thinking to myself, I wouldn't mind people taking bad pictures of me if my skin was looking good.

And the thing is, she never commented that my picture looked bad or anything, so maybe she is used to seeing me like this. Maybe that's what I always look like.

Even when I score high in a test or style my hair nicely, I keep thinking 'Yeah that's great, but you still have acne.' It's like I can't feel anything anymore, because acne overshadows it.

This has made me realise that I really want to do something about my skin and I know it will give me so much more confidence in life if I had clear skin.

I've been put on a course of Oxytetracycline, which hopefully should improve my skin, it's just the waiting that's annoying.

I'm going to try and stay positive and focus on the other things in my life, but I definitely won't give up on my acne until it's gone.

I hope everyone is happy and having a great summer :)

Daisy xxx

God I know what you mean. I never want my picture taken. Everytime I see my face in a picture it looks like crap times ten of what im used to seeing and it makes me feel so bad about myself because that must be how i really look.

at least you don't have people following you around with video cameras. for our grade nine farewell they're gonna show a video of all the grade nine's and they want to get everyone in it. so the girls that are doing it are in my class, i refuse to be on camera now they're following me around everywhere with that stupid camera!!!! nice girls though.

YOu're on the right track in staying positive. Life can suck, but life can be beautiful too! :wub:

Okay, well today one of my friends brought her digi cam into school. She was taking pictures of everyone and even though I was dreading having mine taken, I let her because I didn't want to seem moody or anything.

Then tonight on Msn she sent me the picture and I look absoloutely disgusting. There are like a million tiny red dots on my face and a few blackheads. :(

So I went onto Photoshop and edited the picture to make my skin look clear and I looked so much better. I just looked normal and happy and smiley with clear skin, and I keep thinking to myself, I wouldn't mind people taking bad pictures of me if my skin was looking good.

And the thing is, she never commented that my picture looked bad or anything, so maybe she is used to seeing me like this. Maybe that's what I always look like.

Even when I score high in a test or style my hair nicely, I keep thinking 'Yeah that's great, but you still have acne.' It's like I can't feel anything anymore, because acne overshadows it.

This has made me realise that I really want to do something about my skin and I know it will give me so much more confidence in life if I had clear skin.

I've been put on a course of Oxytetracycline, which hopefully should improve my skin, it's just the waiting that's annoying.

I'm going to try and stay positive and focus on the other things in my life, but I definitely won't give up on my acne until it's gone.

I hope everyone is happy and having a great summer :)

Daisy xxx

I hate pics that I haven't manipulated to my every advantage, lol.

LoL :lol: same here....

i just kinda avoided having pics taken of myself for the last 4 years :doubt: , of course sometimes at a party a friends take pics of me, but i never ask to see them or keep them... i guess ill regret that later on

yeah, unfortunately cameras arent one of our best friends, because sometimes they portray some things we really dont want to see. its good youre staying positive though and i wish you luck.