Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

They can be purchased at any Health Products store. If you don't have a good one in your town, google it and you'll find a wide variety online. Sorry, I don't know that one is better than the other.....but I use products with jojoba oil in it and love it.

Thank you i found a site that sells Jojoba but Emu Oil si soo expensive im looking for soemthing a little cheaper. Anyone know which one is mroe beneficial?

Emu oil is expensive :doubt: but that's probably because it is better. At least, that's what I've been reading so far. I just ordered some online a few days ago. Can't wait to try it.

I haven't used emu oil before so I don't know which one is better, but I use the Dessert Essence brand of Jojoba oil. You can buy it at Whole Foods for about $7.99.

I think I've seen a blue jar of emu oil at Sam's before....not sure though.

I'm no expert, but I read a post on another board from someone who is ... she has a biochem background and is the Forum Host for the Diana Yvonne SkinCare board. Anyway, I'm too lazy to go look up the exact post right now, but she basically says that emu oil is the only true "healing oil". Exactly what that means I can't say, but I love the stuff and it has brought my face back from the dead more than once. :D

P.S. I know it seems really expensive, but you only need a few drops each day.

I'm no expert, but I read a post on another board from someone who is ... she has a biochem background and is the Forum Host for the Diana Yvonne SkinCare board. Anyway, I'm too lazy to go look up the exact post right now, but she basically says that emu oil is the only true "healing oil". Exactly what that means I can't say, but I love the stuff and it has brought my face back from the dead more than once. :D

P.S. I know it seems really expensive, but you only need a few drops each day.

thank you! what does hyaluronic acid do for your skin?

thank you! what does hyaluronic acid do for your skin?

It's a moisturizer ... very light. It's nice mixed with a couple drops of the emu oil.

LionQueen -

You really like Diana Yvonne prods that much that you would recommends buying them over emu in the store?

Also - How long does a bottle last with everyday application, and which one is it - the "clear" or the "new":

http://dianayvonne.com/category/15/

I like the "Ultra" emu oil ... it is thicker. But each to their own. And I don't really care where people buy it. If you can find a cheaper source of something you like, by all means go for it. DY sells fantastic products but they are definitely on the expensive side.

Lion Queen .. do you buy the 1oz bottle of Emu Oil? Bc it is the cheapest ..seeing as you only use a few drops how long do you sppose it would last a month? 2 months? I also have oily/dry skin .. usually it is dry and bc it is dry BP and SA juss make ever line in my face stand out and I cannot stand it .. i am 18 and i have little wrinkles ugh soo frustrating! and i moisturize and moisturize but nothing chnages .. Now would the Emu Oil get rid of this dehydrated skin? Bc that is what i am trying to do ..i dc if my face gets oily during the day .. i would rather have that then have dried out skin .. i juss want it to look supple for once :(

I am actually embracing the fact that my skins gets a bit shiny bc if it wasn't for that shine i would have painful .. tight dry skin all the time .. not to mention premature wrinkles! .. ppl no this forum are trying to getr di fot heir oily skin but i thnk oily skin isnt lal that abd bc if u think about it your skin remains mroe supple and you probobly wont have as bad of winrkles when your older ... but these fine lines are really briging my confidence level down ...

Lion Queen .. do you buy the 1oz bottle of Emu Oil? Bc it is the cheapest ..seeing as you only use a few drops how long do you sppose it would last a month? 2 months?

Just PMed you. :)

For the record ... one of those 1 oz bottles lasts me 6-8 weeks. I use a couple drops in the AM mixed with HA serum or moisturizer, and 3-4 drops at night. In the AM I blot thoroughly once I get my sunscreen on and that leaves me with a nice dewy finish for the day.

Lion Queen .. do you buy the 1oz bottle of Emu Oil? Bc it is the cheapest ..seeing as you only use a few drops how long do you sppose it would last a month? 2 months?

Just PMed you. :)

For the record ... one of those 1 oz bottles lasts me 6-8 weeks. I use a couple drops in the AM mixed with HA serum or moisturizer, and 3-4 drops at night. In the AM I blot thoroughly once I get my sunscreen on and that leaves me with a nice dewy finish for the day.

my main problem is dehydrated skin i hope the mu oil works for me bc no moisturizers have yet ... i also ahve sort of a blotchy complexion do you think a Vitamin C serum would help?

my main problem is dehydrated skin i hope the mu oil works for me bc no moisturizers have yet ... i also ahve sort of a blotchy complexion do you think a Vitamin C serum would help?

I love the DY Triple C serum, and yes, I do think it helps to even skin tone. But it's pricey.