Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ophelia22

For anyone who can UNDERSTAND MY PAIN

mask you sound very obnoxious.

---

Well, I think constructively you can

1) Go see your doctor and get some medication/cream for the acne

2) Realise it is your attitude as much as anything that is stopping you from getting boyfriends. You can be the best actor all you want, but your anxieties show through, even if you don't notice them yourself.

3) You aren't a freak, you are beating yourself down, no-one else is. I think you should speak to a close family member or friend about your worries.

Seeing as your on the regimen it cant be that bad. I mean, hey be glad you dont have severe acne like me :) Thats something you could be happy about.

Seriously, most people including me does not feel happier because anyone else have it worse. You might have the worst acne on the planet but that doesn't mean my acne won't bother me.

Aw :( I hope you are feeling better today Ophelia :comfort:

No one I know has acne either, which I think makes me more self concious about it.

IS IT JUST ME????????????? DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE ANY CLUE WHAT I'M GOING THROUGH???????

wow half of u peeps sound extremely stuck-up... maybe acne is ther to slap some sense into u but for the pain of acne.. yes it sucks majorly and there really is no comfort out ther except finding something that improves ur skin or clears it.. again look at wt ur saying and ur attitude and maybe it wouldn't be as bad when u look into the mirror

wow half of u peeps sound extremely stuck-up... maybe acne is ther to slap some sense into u but for the pain of acne.. yes it sucks majorly and there really is no comfort out ther except finding something that improves ur skin or clears it.. again look at wt ur saying and ur attitude and maybe it wouldn't be as bad when u look into the mirror

No one deserves to have acne for any reason. I wouldn't wish it on anyone or say they need it for any reason. Thats just fucked up.

Yeah, that does sound really bad.

So these people are way uglier then you? Do you mean they would be way uglier if you didn't have acne? Because if you're saying your far more attractive then them anyway..well, maybe it's not your physical appearance thats the problem.

I'd like to say that maybe it's your attitude thats the problem, thats why you're not 'having boyfriends and shit', but I could be completely wrong. I've been single for about 2 years now, and it's because of my lack of confidence, even though i've been mostly clear for at least 6 months.

No, they are uglier then me, phyically and personality wise. Cut all this 'beauty in the inside' shit im sick of getting crammed down my throat. They are fucking skanky sluts who look like my asshole, but they are clear skinned and going out and having fun and acting like they are so hot when they arent and it pisses me off that they hold their noses up at me like they are so much better looking then me, but they aren't at all. I'm pissed that acne is what makes me ugly, not my features. Or my personality. Fuck all the good attitude is key crap. No one wants to even look my pus filled war zone face, let alone get to know it or think about it romantically. And no it isnt shallow. Acne is fucking gross and unattractive and I don't blame them. If it wasnt percived that way, this site wouldnt be here because no one would care about it.

Seeing as your on the regimen it cant be that bad. I mean, hey be glad you dont have severe acne like me :) Thats something you could be happy about.

Why does everyone assume that she has mild acne because shes on the regimn?! Since when was that specifically for mild acne cases. To me it sounds like she has it really badly. Just because she knows shes pretty doesn't mean shes a bimbo girl whos making a big deal over two zits on her face.

Maybe because the regimin is for people with mild/moderate acne :rolleyes:

I've had it! Enough! I can't stand the site of my beautiful face covered in these HORRENDOUS ugly red BLISTERS making me feel like I belong in a lepor colony of some type! I'm pretty and have a bangin body and have been single for over a year now! WHY you may ask??? BECAUSE I'M CONFIDENCELESS! I HATE MY SKIN. Everyone here in Connecticut has BEAUTIFUL PERFECT NON BLEMISHED skin and I stick out like a LEPOR among all these perfect skinned freaks! Actually that would make ME the FREAK! I'm so tired of waking up to MORE PIMPLES EVERYDAY. I'm so effin tired of having NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO confidence! I just had a date with this BEAUTIFUL boy who has PERFECT skin and has he called me back to go out again??? NO OF COURSE NOT because i must look like such a freak to him! I am close to just calling it quits, WHATEVER that means. Ending my life is not an option, but I started cutting again recently due to the INSURMOUNTABLE pain of feeling like such an UGLY FREAK compared to all these fair skinned beautiful peopel that I'm CONSTANTLY surrounded by. WHEN is it going to stop? I've been on the regime for 3 months now and although I do think it's helped a ton, I'm STILL COVERED from CHIN TO FOREHEAD in ugly red OBVIOUS little GROSS PIMPLES. IS IT JUST ME????????????? DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE ANY CLUE WHAT I'M GOING THROUGH???????

i think everyone has felt like you at some point,there are days when i havent left the house,soo many invitations to family functions,weddings,funerals that ine missed cos of acne...but.... you have to reach a point where you have to think RIGHT! im alive ,im healthy,im a decent,kind human being,im only here once...i Have to start living my life,acne or not!! start feeling strong!proactive,not so negative! i know its easy to say but its soo true,its the only way to go isnt it? stop worrying about other people,theyre only worried about themselfs..everyone has flaws...some are in their personality or mind,others like us,have a physical flaw..thats life...all i know is that negativity spreads to affect all parts of your life...if YOU let it. :)

I know how you feel. It's hard because u feel like you're the only one sometimes. I've had bad acne since I was 12 and I'm turning 21. It sucks and I feel like I've tried everything. I've come to the point where I just don't care anymore. I mean the boy thing, I've been there. At parties they don't pay attention to u. A few days ago I had an experience much like yours, except he wrote a blog about how "freckly" my face was. That's the term he used, but I knew he was talking about the scars all over my cheeks. I don't go out much or when I'm invited I decline. I only leave the house to go to work. It feels like everyone is staring at u. It really hurts when people comment on it.

If you don't care anymore, why don't you challenge yourself and go out all the time and try to not care.

Not going out is hardly the answer and I don't think that is the solution that anyone should advocate.

It hurts, but I am willing to bet that all of us are much more willing to stand beside you and offer support when you are challenging yourself to live a normal life dispite the scars and acne than if you chose to be a pariah or actively cutting yourself. You need courage to face it, and we will support you in that endeavur. Hiding and avoiding exposure is not the answer, short term or long term.

You all have a long road ahead of you, don't miss out just because of your current condition. Talk to conselors at school if you have to, but don't hide yourself. Acne is not your problem unless you let it effect you. If ohters stare or make harmful comments and you allow them to, they win, you lose.

I don't think anyone really want to lose at life...

I really appreciate all your responses. When I wrote this, I was in such a terrible slump and I think I found it easy to take out all my insecurites and frustrations on my acne. My life seems to revolve around my face. On a good face day, I'm in a good mood and feel naturally alive and want to smile to the world..on bad face days, well, needless to say it's quite the contrary. I think I probably have some where in between severe acne and moderate acne. I have big nodules all over my cheeks and templ area and in this one spot on my nose that abosulutely drives me batty. I have been dealing with it for 12 years now. Did the tane, didn't do it for me. Did the antibiotics, topical and oral, and all I got was a wicked stomach ache that lasted for 2 months, and am now finally on Retin-A, which doesn' seem to be doing anything positive after being on it for 3 weeks. I guess things could be a lot worse, and I'm grateful that they aren't because 3 months ago things were definitely worse than they are now, but I just expected that I'd be healed or something by now, I mean, I've been on the regime for almost 4 months now and haven't seen the results that others have raved about all over these pages. I'm stickin to it, because it has helped quite a bit...but alas, still new pimples to deal with each new day, and with it, the frustrations and challenges of living with this disease.

I take comfort knowing that i AM NOT THE ONLY ONE who suffers from acne related emo-day blues! I admire those of you who manage to maintaine a healthy positive attitude regaurding your acne. Good for you!

Acne isn't a competition. So what if one girl has 2 pimples or if you have 50? The girl with 2 can be mentally affected just as easily. Just because someone's skin isn't as bad as yours doesn't mean that they aren't going through the same emotional journey.

Acne dysmorphia is a mental condition. The girl with 2 pimples often looks in the mirror and sees something worse than what she has.

It's been one hell of a rollercoaster ride these past few years. All I can say is that I totally understand where you're coming from. All I can offer is my empathy :)

I agree with what you said here. It doesn't really work to compare yourself to others with worse acne problems - this isn't likely to make most people feel better about themselves. There was actually a study that found a very strong association between mild to moderate acne and depression. People with mild-moderate acne were more depressed than other dermatology patients who had more disfiguring skin problems. I believe the only patients to score higher than acne patients on the depression scales were those with severe psorisis. There wasn't any association between acne severity and depression - those with just a few pimples were often just as depressed as those with more severe acne.

I understand the dysmorphia thing too. My acne is pretty mild most of the time (and sometimes non-existent), but it bothers me a lot. About 6 months ago, I went from having clear skin most of the time, to having regular mild breakouts. It really gets my down though. I started seeing a psychologist for depression last week and I kept bringing up how much my skin bothered me and how it was impacting my social life. She kept going away from the topic, and I kept bringing it up. Finally she said, "I just so surprised because I see this attractive woman sitting across from me" So, clearly I don't look as bad as I think I do. Then she went on to say that I am holding my life hostage to my skin (which is probably true). It is very hard to change the way you think about things (not that we shouldn't try!!).

hey man i'm pissed too right now i had like zero acne for the past 3 weeks and now i switdhed soaps and shit and now my face has broken out badly. fuck but hey man we just gotta hang there and get through this fucking shit together.