Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ophelia22

For anyone who can UNDERSTAND MY PAIN

I've had it! Enough! I can't stand the site of my beautiful face covered in these HORRENDOUS ugly red BLISTERS making me feel like I belong in a lepor colony of some type! I'm pretty and have a bangin body and have been single for over a year now! WHY you may ask??? BECAUSE I'M CONFIDENCELESS! I HATE MY SKIN. Everyone here in Connecticut has BEAUTIFUL PERFECT NON BLEMISHED skin and I stick out like a LEPOR among all these perfect skinned freaks! Actually that would make ME the FREAK! I'm so tired of waking up to MORE PIMPLES EVERYDAY. I'm so effin tired of having NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO confidence! I just had a date with this BEAUTIFUL boy who has PERFECT skin and has he called me back to go out again??? NO OF COURSE NOT because i must look like such a freak to him! I am close to just calling it quits, WHATEVER that means. Ending my life is not an option, but I started cutting again recently due to the INSURMOUNTABLE pain of feeling like such an UGLY FREAK compared to all these fair skinned beautiful peopel that I'm CONSTANTLY surrounded by. WHEN is it going to stop? I've been on the regime for 3 months now and although I do think it's helped a ton, I'm STILL COVERED from CHIN TO FOREHEAD in ugly red OBVIOUS little GROSS PIMPLES. IS IT JUST ME????????????? DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE ANY CLUE WHAT I'M GOING THROUGH???????

I suffer from horrible scars which make me feel the same way lets scream F God togetheR!

just get over it..deal with it. if you cant deal now its only going to get worse as you get older and manifest itself into even bigger problems.

Its not as easy as just "dealing" with it. It never is.

I know EXCATLY how you feel. I know it sounds really bad, but I'm sick of seeing girls that are way uglier then me getting checked out or having boyfriends and shit. I know I'm really pretty under all this crap and it just makes me so angry. I feel like by the time it goes away I'll be old and lonely because everyone is already married and shit or peoples sloppy seconds.

It's not fair that people who are mean and ugly get to go out and be confident and not get STARED at all the time by people and then heres me who is a nice person and I know really good looking who is just such a waste because my face looks like delapitated crap and I don't go anywhere or have anyfriends.

I hate when people tell me that 'oh everyone gets pimples get over it and get out of the house. FUCK THAT. Not everyone gets them on every square inch of their face and not everyone gets stared at like a freaking lepor just walking in the store minding your own business. I know people get mild pimples here and there but does that cause other people to do a double take when they see them? NO does that cause little kids to say EWW WHATS ON HER FACE to their parents as you walk by? NO! Fuck whoever just told you to 'deal with it'

Its not as easy as just "dealing" with it. It never is.

Yet it is never as horrid as she described.

If you look at her posts, she is doing the regime... that's it.

Cry me a river. how bad can it be?

Even for those that suffer extreme acne, there are those in the world that are suffering from illness much worse than it and they are still trying to live life to the fullest...

While I am willing to support people who are suffering emotionally from having acne, severe or not, it is apparent that her attitude is the problem, not acne and I have very little sympathy for people who has one cyst and think the world is coming to the end and how we all should feel pity/sympathize with her because how horrible it has made her life.

Get over it. I and many others suffer worse and are going through the grind daily... from your usage of *beautiful boy*... I would say you suffer from your own vanity and how you view others based on beauty, thuse knocking yourself down... again, get over it. there is a long road ahead, have fun.

I I'm sick of seeing girls that are way uglier then me getting checked out or having boyfriends and shit.

You can do something about your acne without having surgery. , they can't do anything about their look with simple topicals...

Who is the ugly that view others with tainted lenses?

It's one of those "vicious cycles." Confidence often outshines physical flaws, but physical flaws overshadow a person's confidence.

If you can learn to be confident (not flirtacious, there's a difference), it will help a lot of your problems, and I guarantee you will get more male attention.

Mask, I'll ingest my own pus-filled cysts if your acne ever was as bad as that pic.

He's got fuckin inch-wide holes in his back!

the reason its so hard is because you were not born this way you were not in an accident, you were not in a fire you just woke up one day with a skin disease.

How can you ever be confident when you know your skin is not even normal? The whole point of being confident is having something to be proud of, and how can you be with acne. I have suffered with acne as well as other problems for 10 years and my spirit has not been broken, and it never will. I was having an interesting conversation with a pharmacist yesterday who tells me he gave accutane to a girl the other day who had only one pimple. People can be so obsessed with looks he says, and looking at me says I have a powerful presence, despite my acne. If someone has done everything humanly possible to cure the acne and it is still there, then you have to accept it and become stronger. I do have fond memories of when I used to have clear skin, but what is keeping me going is that one day I will beat all my demons. Keep fighting no matter what.

How can you ever be confident when you know your skin is not even normal? The whole point of being confident is having something to be proud of, and how can you be with acne. I have suffered with acne as well as other problems for 10 years and my spirit has not been broken, and it never will. I was having an interesting conversation with a pharmacist yesterday who tells me he gave accutane to a girl the other day who had only one pimple. People can be so obsessed with looks he says, and looking at me says I have a powerful presence, despite my acne. If someone has done everything humanly possible to cure the acne and it is still there, then you have to accept it and become stronger. I do have fond memories of when I used to have clear skin, but what is keeping me going is that one day I will beat all my demons. Keep fighting no matter what.

It is very difficult to be confident with acne, which is why I referred to it as a "vicious cycle." And I do think acne is one of the most disturbing physical conditions for people. The only way to be confident with acne is to focus on other aspects of yourself that are not necessarily physical, which, as I just said, is very difficult to do (but not impossible). There are other things to be proud of other than your skin.

Mask, I'll ingest my own pus-filled cysts if your acne ever was as bad as that pic.

Lol u dont believe me? I wouldnt lie about my pain :doubt: and yah some on my back are a lot bigger. They arent cysts, they are like bullet wounds that rip off everyday

Lol u dont believe me? I wouldnt lie about my pain :doubt: and yah some on my back are a lot bigger. They arent cysts, they are like bullet wounds that rip off everyday

Chris is hardcore. :wub:

I used to cut too...

PLease dont..You're worried about acne scarring but if you cut you'll def. scar

I have plenty that are on my forearm....that i wish i could hide..

Have you tried a derm? Accutane?

PLease don't hurt yourself

Chris is hardcore. :wub:

Damn straight :lol:

Lol I dont even need to cut, my skin rips itself of :razz: :lol:

I admire your outlook.

I never used to have a problem with my skin. it used to be just as bad back in highschool... but over the years, I've developed body dysmorphic disorder and the social anxiety, OCD and depression it comes with. It's very easy to type inspiring words, but extremely difficult to act upon it. If anyone else has BDD, you'll know it's a mental disorder. It's not easy to just snap out of things and just act confident.

Acne isn't a competition. So what if one girl has 2 pimples or if you have 50? The girl with 2 can be mentally affected just as easily. Just because someone's skin isn't as bad as yours doesn't mean that they aren't going through the same emotional journey. I can go on and on about the media and society's incessant obsession with looking 'beautiful' - don't forget what we deem 'beauty' is a social construction. There's always that desire to have clear porcelain skin. Acne dysmorphia is a mental condition. The girl with 2 pimples often looks in the mirror and sees something worse than what she has.

It's been one hell of a rollercoaster ride these past few years. All I can say is that I totally understand where you're coming from. All I can offer is my empathy :)

I know it sounds really bad, but I'm sick of seeing girls that are way uglier then me getting checked out or having boyfriends and shit.

Yeah, that does sound really bad.

So these people are way uglier then you? Do you mean they would be way uglier if you didn't have acne? Because if you're saying your far more attractive then them anyway..well, maybe it's not your physical appearance thats the problem.

I'd like to say that maybe it's your attitude thats the problem, thats why you're not 'having boyfriends and shit', but I could be completely wrong. I've been single for about 2 years now, and it's because of my lack of confidence, even though i've been mostly clear for at least 6 months.

Seeing as your on the regimen it cant be that bad. I mean, hey be glad you dont have severe acne like me :) Thats something you could be happy about.

Yeah, that does sound really bad.

So these people are way uglier then you? Do you mean they would be way uglier if you didn't have acne? Because if you're saying your far more attractive then them anyway..well, maybe it's not your physical appearance thats the problem.

I'd like to say that maybe it's your attitude thats the problem, thats why you're not 'having boyfriends and shit', but I could be completely wrong. I've been single for about 2 years now, and it's because of my lack of confidence, even though i've been mostly clear for at least 6 months.

No, they are uglier then me, phyically and personality wise. Cut all this 'beauty in the inside' shit im sick of getting crammed down my throat. They are fucking skanky sluts who look like my asshole, but they are clear skinned and going out and having fun and acting like they are so hot when they arent and it pisses me off that they hold their noses up at me like they are so much better looking then me, but they aren't at all. I'm pissed that acne is what makes me ugly, not my features. Or my personality. Fuck all the good attitude is key crap. No one wants to even look my pus filled war zone face, let alone get to know it or think about it romantically. And no it isnt shallow. Acne is fucking gross and unattractive and I don't blame them. If it wasnt percived that way, this site wouldnt be here because no one would care about it.

Seeing as your on the regimen it cant be that bad. I mean, hey be glad you dont have severe acne like me :) Thats something you could be happy about.

Why does everyone assume that she has mild acne because shes on the regimn?! Since when was that specifically for mild acne cases. To me it sounds like she has it really badly. Just because she knows shes pretty doesn't mean shes a bimbo girl whos making a big deal over two zits on her face.

I admire your outlook.

I never used to have a problem with my skin. it used to be just as bad back in highschool... but over the years, I've developed body dysmorphic disorder and the social anxiety, OCD and depression it comes with. It's very easy to type inspiring words, but extremely difficult to act upon it. If anyone else has BDD, you'll know it's a mental disorder. It's not easy to just snap out of things and just act confident.

Acne isn't a competition. So what if one girl has 2 pimples or if you have 50? The girl with 2 can be mentally affected just as easily. Just because someone's skin isn't as bad as yours doesn't mean that they aren't going through the same emotional journey. I can go on and on about the media and society's incessant obsession with looking 'beautiful' - don't forget what we deem 'beauty' is a social construction. There's always that desire to have clear porcelain skin. Acne dysmorphia is a mental condition. The girl with 2 pimples often looks in the mirror and sees something worse than what she has.

It's been one hell of a rollercoaster ride these past few years. All I can say is that I totally understand where you're coming from. All I can offer is my empathy :)

Very positive words, we need to continue this mentality if we are ever going to pull out of this. Thanks for the info on acne dysmorphia, I was not aware of the condition. No matter what other people say, unless they have gone through what we have they cant know what it feels like to suffer from this. That is why the empathy you have to offer is greatly appreciated.