Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest nec77

What has worked for you?

Guest nec77

I have a lot of little red dots on my back. The best way to describe them would be "razor bumps". They look exactly like those. Tell me what has helped you out. plz.

1. Name product and "Brand"

2. Did you have breakouts at first?

3. How long did it take for you to see positive results?

4. Describe what you did step by step

Paula's Choice 2% Beta Hydroxy Acid Liquid

Paula's Choice 8% Alpha Hydroxy Acid Gel

http://www.cosmeticscop.com/shop/category2...PE=1&PAGETYPE=S

No.

I noticed my pores unclogging after three days and no lesions at all after three weeks.

1. Shampooed and Conditioned my Hair

2. Massaged In and Rinsed Off Gentle, Sodium Laureth Sulfate Based Cleanser Over Shoulder and Back

Area

(I avoid scrubs as they aggravate my skin)

3. Applied Paula's Choice 2% Beta Hydroxy Acid Liquid Over Shoulder and Back Area

4. Applied Paula's Choice 8% Alpha Hydroxy Acid Gel Over Shoulder and Back Area*

5. Applied Dove Essential Nutrients Moisturizer as Needed.

* I combined the two acids together as an experiment. Although it worked for me with almost no irritation, it may be too irritating for others. It is generally advised not to combine both acid products. I reccommend trying the Paula's Choice 2% Beta Hydroxy Acid first as salicylic acid is lipid soluble and can thus exfoliate within the pores, unlike alpha hydroxy acid, which is water soluble and can only exfoliate the skin's surface. You may also wish to apply the Paula's Choice Beta Hydroxy Acid in the morning, and the Paula's Choice 8% AHA at night, or vice versa.

the upper part of my back and my cjhest were red with acne

I used neutrogena soap

and benzoil peroxide 5%

I live in Mexico si it's useless the brand

but it worked in 3 weeks!!

after 1 1/2 with that awful thing

Vinegar - rice wine vinegar for me but I only used that type as I couldn't find the other one in the supermarket and I was in a hurry.

Stopped my bacne in its tracks

New spots stopped appearing almost immediately, the hyperpigmentation was pretty much gone in 6 weeks - I also used a bit of tea-tree oil which I think helped to remove the hyperpigmentation by allowing me to really rub the dead skin layer away with the vinegar

Splash some vinegar on my hands and rub it into my shoulders, once it had dried on my shoulders through the rubbing I would rub the skin a bit more until you could feel the dead skin layer coming off and then I'd use a drop or two of tea tree oil rubbed into either side of my shoulders to finish off - about 10mins later I would shower for me I didn't need to leave it on

Its cheap and for me at least it was extremely effective, I hope it works for you if you try it.

All the best

M.