Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Suhail

Need some serious help...

Well first I would like to introduce myself. My name is Suhail Ahmad Chaudhary.. i'm 17 years old. I currently live in Decatur, IL. Its a pretty small city of around 90,000 population. I'm Pakistani American and I was born in Springfield, IL but moved and spent all of my life so far in Decatur. Heh.. well i've suffered from acne really bad when I was in my younger ages. From around 6th grade up to the end of my sophmore year. It has really eased down honestly.. and well i've been to the skin doctor on and off during that period from 6th grade until my sophmore year but I've never steadily made visits or steadily followed my prescription and of course my parents didn't give a shit enough to really take me.. i had to pester them to do it as a kid and they never made sure I took my treatment and as a kid.. you know how difficult it is to do such things on your own. Till this day I do not know why my parents neglected me like this because it has literally destroyed and ravished my life. Well to move on even deeper....

I currently suffer from scars under both sides of my eyes... majorily these are were my current scars lie. On the left side of my face it seems that I suffer from "deep" acne scars. The skin is scarred very badly on my left side under my eye.. I don't know exactly what type of scars I suffer from. On my right side is where the pain is really at... I had a huuuuuuge nodule or cyst i'm unsure of which. Anyways the result after it disappeared was a dent or a deep hole in my face.. I wish I had pictures to show you but there is basically a dent in my face under my eye. The rest of my face is pretty fine.. I still suffer from occasional acne.

But these two areas under my eyes.... they've destroyed my life. Socially, mentally, and spiritually. What do I do? I don't know anymore. It causes me pain to look into the mirror. I can't even look in the mirror without feeling a horrible amount of pain. I feel like i'm being punished but I don't know why. Has God punished me ? My life has been wrecked because of this.. people look at me differently.. its hard to be myself around people. I am insecure in every aspect of my life. It has destroyed me. It is the main problem in my life right now.. and it is a source to many other problems in my life and I wish I could do something to get rid of these scars.. anything to stop the pain.. to look normal, to be normal, what I would give is beyond measure.

These scars have made me contemplate suicide several times and even attempt it in the past. These scars have hurt my relationship with my family and other people. They've made me very angry and aggressive. They've made me angry at the world.. and at God. I just want to know why. I've cried countless nights. I've pleaded with God in prayers to do something... and nothing has happened. What are my options? Where do I go from here? My grades at school are suffering and my future is growing very dim because of the horror these scars have wreaked into my life.

I just want guidance from somebody.. I can't go on like this. Its not fair.. its not right. I shouldn't have to be afraid of going into the public. I shouldn't have to hide behind my insecurities like this. The words to describe the suffering i'm going through emotionally, physically, and spiritually are non existant.. words can't describe the stress, and the pain.

A little poem I thought out while writing this...

My faith has been shattered and my life battered by these scars.

I feel like better days are far away and I'll never be the same

Its a shame because I was a young kid with a life ahead of him

For whatever reason God decided make my life dim

and as I bleed and lie on the floor I don't hear his roar

I don't see hope I just gloat my past deciding how long i'm going to last

I feel like i'm past due and its all so true

Why am I here? I don't care

I just want to be normal

am I asking for too much? so be it

free me of it this pain has no gain and I just want to be in the fast lane

where I don't have to be ashamed of how I look

I feel like I've taken the free fall and lost all I took

As I lie here alone cold and as bold as I can be

I no longer can see the brighter day

My soul is naked as I do my best to pray

What have I done wrong in this life?

I feel like I've lost all my strife

Where does it end or begin?

I just want to blend in and be normal

I guess its too much to ask for?

If it is then just give me a mask

I can't take it anymore i'm tired of being alone

Give me my freedom I just want to be in that zone

I'm in a Kingdom of pain and I don't see any change

I don't know how my life got deranged

But I know I'd give anythin to see a better day and feel a real change

Heh just wrote that poem now to show some of my emotional pain.

What do I do? How do I deal with this? What are my options? Can anyone help me? If not i'm afraid i'll be lost.. please help me.

If you want to see pictures of my check my page out at www.myspace.com/thetruthunfolded however they are not "clear" quality pictures therefor u can't see my current scars...

hi Suhail.

Most of us have felt along the lines you describe. I have. I totally empathise.

But im guessing u dont want to hear that, instead you want to know what will make things 'better'.

Firstly, its very hard to gauge what you are saying you have scar wise as from your myspace photos nothing shows up. If you feel brave enough post a photo where you can see the scars. Best if you take on a digital camera. Show in the worse light. Dont worry, noone will judge you here, we are all in the same boat. Otherwise i suggest you go see a REPUTABLE derm and ask him what kind of scarring you have. Get him to really point out what ones are what to help you fully understand. Then let us know and we can offer advice and personal experiences.

There ARE options for scar revision, but no miracle cure and a treatment that works for one person may not work for you. Most revision works with a combination of different treatments and mostly all take time, so you need to be prepared for an emotional roller coaster. At least you will be taking active action so hopefully on bad days you can tell yourself your doing something about it and all it takes is time. BUT there IS hope!

Once you have found out what kind of scarring you have or post some photos we can all give our personal advice to you. But I for one would not like to suggest anything given that i do not know what kind of scarring you have.

I also tentively suggest seeking a councillor or therapist to help talk through your emotions. Im not suggesting there is anything wrong with you, unfortunately there is often misconceptions about seeing a therapist. I see one, for how i feel about my skin and other issues, and it helps to talk out your problems and find solutions to not get too emotionally distressed.

We all have up and down days, hold strong, there are steps you can take to beat this emotionally and physically, just time ok. So dont give up.

x

:)

Please seek some councelling, it can help more than you might realize right now. Just because you are suffering on the outside doesn't mean you have to suffer so much on the inside. Be kind to yourself, and take care of your mental health too.

I would recommend NOT trying to do any "scar correction" until you are in a more stable place mentally. Many times, scar treatments don't work and sometimes even make things worse and the extra stress is the last thing you need right now.

When you say "anything to stop the pain" -- you *can* stop it, but never from the outside, *only* from the inside. Sounds to me like even if you woke up with perfect skin tomorrow, you have been so hard on yourself mentally, beating yourself up over something out of your control, that you would still need the same type of councelling to help to heal. Do yourself the greatest favour and try your hardest to get this help so that you don't scar yourself mentally more than physically! You are a valuable human being and deserve to be treated kindly and more importantly to treat yourself kindly. It is absolutely amazing how simply changing the way you think about something, or see something, can affect the way you *feel* about it. A therapist can help you step by step through this process. Try to go to a few therapists until you find one you *connect* with - they are the same as any other person you meet, some you connect with, some you don't. Nothing wrong with that.

Please seek some councelling, it can help more than you might realize right now. Just because you are suffering on the outside doesn't mean you have to suffer so much on the inside. Be kind to yourself, and take care of your mental health too.

I would recommend NOT trying to do any "scar correction" until you are in a more stable place mentally. Many times, scar treatments don't work and sometimes even make things worse and the extra stress is the last thing you need right now.

When you say "anything to stop the pain" -- you *can* stop it, but never from the outside, *only* from the inside. Sounds to me like even if you woke up with perfect skin tomorrow, you have been so hard on yourself mentally, beating yourself up over something out of your control, that you would still need the same type of councelling to help to heal. Do yourself the greatest favour and try your hardest to get this help so that you don't scar yourself mentally more than physically! You are a valuable human being and deserve to be treated kindly and more importantly to treat yourself kindly. It is absolutely amazing how simply changing the way you think about something, or see something, can affect the way you *feel* about it. A therapist can help you step by step through this process. Try to go to a few therapists until you find one you *connect* with - they are the same as any other person you meet, some you connect with, some you don't. Nothing wrong with that.

There is nothing a therapist can give me if he can't tell me I can better my face. What good is a therapist going to do unless he can perform plastic surgery? Do you understand that aslong as these scars haunt me aslong as they torment I can't be me? I can't live normal. I can't let the pain go? You might aswell shoot me in the head because i'm useless unless I can accomplish major improvement in these scars. You can't fathom how this feels for me because you're not me. Forget any personal experience you've had... i've lived a life of pure hell.. there has no been no sunnyside in my life, no brightside, no future, no hope, EVERYTHING since I've been BORN has been hell for me. I feel like there is a dark cloud hovering my soul wherever I go and I can't escape it no matter how hard I try. If I can grasp atleast this then maybe I can find the self security I need to move on with my life if not I don't see the point of living even tho I don't have the balls to kill myself.

I lost the girl I love man because of this bullcrap. I lost everything.. and i'm losing more. I got nothing to lose anymore. Indeed one thing is true I am at the edge of the cliff and i'm contemplating jumping but i'm too afraid of letting it all go. I'm very angry at God more then anything I blame him for most my problems because he is the source of most of them. I have so much anger inside at God and I've tried so hard to not believe in his existence.. anyways..

if I can't find any treatment for these scars then i'm afraid life itself is useless for me. I guess I belong in a strafe jacket? heh.

I really want to know how a therapist can help me tho as most of what they do is bullshit and "medicine" does nothing. I'm in full of control of my emotions and I choose to be this way because I have reasons for being this way. I don't believe in taking anti depresssants or w/e because I know i'm in full control of my "depression".

ok then time to take action.

1: Find a good derm. Even if you choose to do home treatments then a good derm is important incase of any worries concerns. If you are unsure of a reputable derm in your area state where you are from and maybe someone can help you out finding on. Otherwise google it and check out the derms creds before you decide who to go with.

2: Find out what type of scars you have. Either post a pic here or as a derm.

3: Work out what your treatment options are and the pros and cons. (Remember this will be a COURSE of action, not instantanious. Also remember that improvements will give hope.)

4: Work out what you can and cannot afford. Take action with what you can afford and if there is treatment you think will work for you that you cant afford then find a way to finance it or save while you are trying other treatments.

5: Dont lose hope.

Pls note, seeing a therapist was a suggestion along side treating your skin. I feel same as you do and last year after a number of crashes i wont go into i did something drastic. It shocked my family. Im on the road to recovery but i know i need to do whatever i can come hell or high water to tackle my scars so i can enjoy life. But i have them, and with scar treatment and therapy for them and the other issues i am better able to calm myself down when i feel things get too much. Im not on anti-depressents or other drugs, i just talk out my issues with a proffessional and given helpful solutions about what i can do. My scar treatment is paramount to me, just as yours is to you, and for so many here. Its up to you what you decide to do with information given here.

But Suhail, it would be very sad if you give up so im glad you "dont have the balls" to kill yourself. Believe me, more often than not people survive suicide attempts, and the repercussions of what you have done would impact so many. The worse scenario is you being ressusitated in a hospital to be told you have damaged your body in other ways and dealing with that too. It takes more balls to keep going in life than quit.

Dont let this beat you, tackle it head on.

Hi, I feel very sorry for you because I know what it's like and I too have scarring under my eye, it seems that area is very sensitive and gets inflamed very easily, I think I have a lot of scar tissue build up there. I used to be like you and a few years back when it looked worse I didn't want to go anywhere, was very stubborn about not leaving till it got a bit better, but realized in the end I was only hurting myself and had to let go of some of the anger before the healing could begin. I was kind of mad at God, but realized that was dumb because God doesn't guarantee anyone as easy existence, in fact most people in the Bible had it pretty hard on earth and that is just how it is. It's more about the afterlife. However, people have learned to be happy with disfigurement in this life so it can be done. Just realize that most treatments for scarring inolve looking a bit worse before you get better and some people have the misfortune of making their scarring worse so be careful. Just do a search on this board for TCA, saline injections-I am trying, needling, fillers like sculptra, and the temporary one's if you are interested in temporary, but stay away from lasers microdermabrasion, IPL ...pointless expensive procedures. V-Beam could help with repeated sessions. Also if you can get Isolagen that would help you but it's not approved everywhere and expensive. There are options out there so don't give up! Just because your life has sucked up till now doesn't mean your future has to be that way, change is a part of life so your life will probably get better if it can't get worse :) Feel free to vent here if it helps we have all been thru it!

Well first I would like to introduce myself. My name is Suhail Ahmad Chaudhary.. i'm 17 years old. I currently live in Decatur, IL. Its a pretty small city of around 90,000 population. I'm Pakistani American and I was born in Springfield, IL but moved and spent all of my life so far in Decatur. Heh.. well i've suffered from acne really bad when I was in my younger ages. From around 6th grade up to the end of my sophmore year. It has really eased down honestly.. and well i've been to the skin doctor on and off during that period from 6th grade until my sophmore year but I've never steadily made visits or steadily followed my prescription and of course my parents didn't give a shit enough to really take me.. i had to pester them to do it as a kid and they never made sure I took my treatment and as a kid.. you know how difficult it is to do such things on your own. Till this day I do not know why my parents neglected me like this because it has literally destroyed and ravished my life. Well to move on even deeper....

I currently suffer from scars under both sides of my eyes... majorily these are were my current scars lie. On the left side of my face it seems that I suffer from "deep" acne scars. The skin is scarred very badly on my left side under my eye.. I don't know exactly what type of scars I suffer from. On my right side is where the pain is really at... I had a huuuuuuge nodule or cyst i'm unsure of which. Anyways the result after it disappeared was a dent or a deep hole in my face.. I wish I had pictures to show you but there is basically a dent in my face under my eye. The rest of my face is pretty fine.. I still suffer from occasional acne.

But these two areas under my eyes.... they've destroyed my life. Socially, mentally, and spiritually. What do I do? I don't know anymore. It causes me pain to look into the mirror. I can't even look in the mirror without feeling a horrible amount of pain. I feel like i'm being punished but I don't know why. Has God punished me ? My life has been wrecked because of this.. people look at me differently.. its hard to be myself around people. I am insecure in every aspect of my life. It has destroyed me. It is the main problem in my life right now.. and it is a source to many other problems in my life and I wish I could do something to get rid of these scars.. anything to stop the pain.. to look normal, to be normal, what I would give is beyond measure.

These scars have made me contemplate suicide several times and even attempt it in the past. These scars have hurt my relationship with my family and other people. They've made me very angry and aggressive. They've made me angry at the world.. and at God. I just want to know why. I've cried countless nights. I've pleaded with God in prayers to do something... and nothing has happened. What are my options? Where do I go from here? My grades at school are suffering and my future is growing very dim because of the horror these scars have wreaked into my life.

I just want guidance from somebody.. I can't go on like this. Its not fair.. its not right. I shouldn't have to be afraid of going into the public. I shouldn't have to hide behind my insecurities like this. The words to describe the suffering i'm going through emotionally, physically, and spiritually are non existant.. words can't describe the stress, and the pain.

A little poem I thought out while writing this...

My faith has been shattered and my life battered by these scars.

I feel like better days are far away and I'll never be the same

Its a shame because I was a young kid with a life ahead of him

For whatever reason God decided make my life dim

and as I bleed and lie on the floor I don't hear his roar

I don't see hope I just gloat my past deciding how long i'm going to last

I feel like i'm past due and its all so true

Why am I here? I don't care

I just want to be normal

am I asking for too much? so be it

free me of it this pain has no gain and I just want to be in the fast lane

where I don't have to be ashamed of how I look

I feel like I've taken the free fall and lost all I took

As I lie here alone cold and as bold as I can be

I no longer can see the brighter day

My soul is naked as I do my best to pray

What have I done wrong in this life?

I feel like I've lost all my strife

Where does it end or begin?

I just want to blend in and be normal

I guess its too much to ask for?

If it is then just give me a mask

I can't take it anymore i'm tired of being alone

Give me my freedom I just want to be in that zone

I'm in a Kingdom of pain and I don't see any change

I don't know how my life got deranged

But I know I'd give anythin to see a better day and feel a real change

Heh just wrote that poem now to show some of my emotional pain.

What do I do? How do I deal with this? What are my options? Can anyone help me? If not i'm afraid i'll be lost.. please help me.

If you want to see pictures of my check my page out at www.myspace.com/thetruthunfolded however they are not "clear" quality pictures therefor u can't see my current scars...

i feel your pain stick in there !

ne

ok then time to take action.

1: Find a good derm. Even if you choose to do home treatments then a good derm is important incase of any worries concerns. If you are unsure of a reputable derm in your area state where you are from and maybe someone can help you out finding on. Otherwise google it and check out the derms creds before you decide who to go with.

2: Find out what type of scars you have. Either post a pic here or as a derm.

3: Work out what your treatment options are and the pros and cons. (Remember this will be a COURSE of action, not instantanious. Also remember that improvements will give hope.)

4: Work out what you can and cannot afford. Take action with what you can afford and if there is treatment you think will work for you that you cant afford then find a way to finance it or save while you are trying other treatments.

5: Dont lose hope.

Pls note, seeing a therapist was a suggestion along side treating your skin. I feel same as you do and last year after a number of crashes i wont go into i did something drastic. It shocked my family. Im on the road to recovery but i know i need to do whatever i can come hell or high water to tackle my scars so i can enjoy life. But i have them, and with scar treatment and therapy for them and the other issues i am better able to calm myself down when i feel things get too much. Im not on anti-depressents or other drugs, i just talk out my issues with a proffessional and given helpful solutions about what i can do. My scar treatment is paramount to me, just as yours is to you, and for so many here. Its up to you what you decide to do with information given here.

But Suhail, it would be very sad if you give up so im glad you "dont have the balls" to kill yourself. Believe me, more often than not people survive suicide attempts, and the repercussions of what you have done would impact so many. The worse scenario is you being ressusitated in a hospital to be told you have damaged your body in other ways and dealing with that too. It takes more balls to keep going in life than quit.

Dont let this beat you, tackle it head on.

First of all I gotta say thank you for your time it means alot to me. I appreciate every second you've spent trying to help me that really does make me feel better about alot because I don't talk about my feelings on the matter with my parents or anyone because I feel like my mom doesn't give a shit, my dad who is a good person honestly doesn't care... my stepdad is the only person who I'd come close to talking to this about but he is already taking me to the skin doctor and i'm currently on medication for "ac" so its nice to know I can talk to atleast someone somewhere and it means alot. Ok to go on...

Well currently i'm taking Retin-A and Duac Topical.. Duac in the morning and Retin-A at the night.. now someone help me understand what exactly do these products do? Do they help with scarring or are they just for "acne" ?

My current acne stage is mild with rare occurence of acne on my face from time to time. Most of the time my face is entirely clear of acne. There are a few occasions where a pimple or two may appear.. but for the most part 97% my face is clear. All thats really left are the scars. Which are under my left and right eye in the cheek area.

Which now leads to.. at the age of 17 I turned 17 Feb, 17 of this year... am I in a position to take action to better my life now or am I going to have to wait untill my acne is supposedly "entirely gone" or not in a active stage? Currently like I said earlier I'd say its in a dieing stage.. it was realllllly bad when I was younger, however, i'm not a doctor so I don't know. Now my skin doctor.. Doctor Lee told me that when I told him I was 17 that I am in a "active" acne stage.. I don't know if he was implying that I can't begin scar treatment or what? What in that case should I do? See another skin doctor? He did mention something about chemical peels... so I'm not sure exactly where he was going.. I have another appointment this coming July to see him.

The question is.. any improvement in these scars.. can better my life in every aspect. They have really destroyed me as a good human being with moral character. I need something done to help me in my life mentally, spiritually and physically... I am contemplating suicide and if any doctor found that out i'd be in a mental hospital i'm guessing... I almost feel like maybe getting into a mental hospital is one of the few ways I can actually get something done about my scarring..

I'm most definitely afraid to talk to anyone in real life about this. Its a very serious issue tho. Its destroying me inside and I know i'm repeating myself somewhat hear but bare with me...

What should I do? I'm afraid to tell my doctor how I feel or anyone for that matter I don't know what they'll do to me. The most important question here honestly is.. can anything be done at the moment for scar improvement?

Suhail, people from the outside really don't understand, do they? They think it will "just pass".

Everybody here understands you. We've all been there, some of us still are. Many of us are also older than you and didn't have some of the more effective treatments in our time that you and people of your age have. You are only 17. As I understand, you don't have a lot of scarring but a few on your cheeks?

If you could post pictures, people here could give you more accurate advice.

Don't give up.

Well... the question is.. are there any skin doctors who will begin treating me at my age?

(Another long post for you.. O.O um...anyway..)

spending a little time to answer you is no issue to me at all if it gives you a little hope. Your welcome.

and totally agree with you Hopesprings, people have NO idea how this feels for some of us.

So suhail your derm says you have active acne still? If that is the case then its def a bit more tricky regarding scar revision. BUT it also means that at your age and factoring that the scarring you have probably isnt that old you will have great collagen production still. A def plus!

The topical treatment you are on will be to help kill off bacteria, and aid in the reduction and prevention of further outbreaks. Topical treatments take time to see results. Do not over or underuse as this can lead to more problems. Stick with it and guage results in 4-6 weeks. If not helping then go back and talk to your derm.

Retin-a helps in different ways: aids the skins natural healing process to help prevent further scarring. It speeds up the skin's remodeling process and helps heal post-inflammatory changes. So basically its a good thing and stick with it. Try to find a high factor suncream (30/30+) that wont upset your skins ph balance(im not sure what one to try, maybe ask in the acne section of the forum) as retin-a thins the skin and makes it more prone to sundamage.

What you are basically doing now is treating your skin with a topic to get rid of the remaining acne and using tretinoin (retin-a) to prevent further scarring and aid healing. Great steps!

Im no derm, i only know this from either personal experience or from years of research. Id say what your doing now is great and give your skin a bit of time to heal from the acne.

There are also other methods you can use to aid your skins healing and regenerative process. Steps beginning with internally..taking 1000mg of vit c a day (you can buy effervessint vit c tablets at the supermarket or chemist shop. They are not expensive). Also if your diet is lacking in some ness vits take a multi-vitamin. Zinc is known for aiding elimination of acne too. But even the vit c on its own will help.

A weekly asprin mask can help, but can you double check if its ok with remaining acne as i dont wish to give bad advice. Asprin is basically salidic acid which draws out bacteria and rid the skin of dead skin cells. You make this by adding 2 x disolvable asprins in quater a teaspoon of water and quater a teaspoon of lemon juice. Grind the asprin down as much as possible then apply the solution with ur fingers onto your face. (it will have a grainy consistency) Leave for 10 mins then gently scrub off. It makes your skin feel very clean and helps clear it up. Sounds really bizarre i know, i thought so when i first heard about it. But i asked my derm about it (hes dr.chu and renouned as a top derm in scar revision) and he said it is actually good and deep cleanses the skin.

I suggest because of your age to try some less agressive forms of scar revision. Keep with the topical and retin-a and try the asprin mask (if suitable..which i think it is) and vit c.

Scar-wise you are best kicking any remaining active acne first then allow your skin a little heal time. It also depends on how 'active' your acne is. And yes, if you disagree with ur derm, and feel he isnt suitable, seek a second opinion. You will be suprised at dif derms opinions i expect. Ive seen many in order to find the right one as they can often contradict one another. But the treatments he has put you on seem pretty ok to me. if you do seek other opinions (and it IS a good idea to 'shop' around a little just to hear others opinions) then please dont do ANYTHING or agree to anything instantly. Research it and its a good idea to ask advice here before going ahead. Many derms are sadly just money grabbers and will do something that others here will tell you is useless or will reap little benifit. Remember its your skin, your money, so be in control and not get sucked in by some derms suggestions.

Lastly , again, you really really need to know what kind of scars you have, only when you say what scarring it is can we suggest ways of refining them. You may be able to embark on scar revision now, but again depends on wither you really do still have active acne.

Well... the question is.. are there any skin doctors who will begin treating me at my age?

gen depends if you really do still have 'active' acne and if not, how many months post active acne you are. I dont believe scar revision can or should be treated on skin that still has acne outbreaks. I would be suspicious of any derm that would agree to scar revision on someone with acne. Its also gen suggested you wait 6 months post active acne to allow your skin time to recover. Can anyone confirm this? Its been so long since i had active acne im not sure, sorry.

The problem is that I don't think I have active acne.. however the doctor says because of my age.. i'm prone to having "active" acne... so I guess that means I can still breakout or something... really my "acne" is gone its just these left over scars which cause pain. The big scar I have on my right side under my eye in my cheek area is a Icepick Scar.. doesn't that mean I can treat that right now? on the left side I have scars in which i'm unsure of what they're called.. not icepick and definitely not those keloid scars.. but it seems like the skin is rough, the pigmentation is different from the rest of my face.. i'm not exactly sure what it is. I do feel like these scars are probaly not "that" serious which means they can be fixed majorly if treated correctly.. this icepick scar scars me.. but it is treatable right?

I don't have much of a problem with acne.. I just really want to clear these scars.. anything.. is there any creams? or any other medicine that works specifically for scars? Maybe something that peels the skin or something?

As far as acne... heh if you saw my face you'd think I was "normal" its just these damn scars that do the damage=[

I'd give anything to be able to look in the mirror and smile.. just to be happy. I wish I was rich for that reason alone... =[ It sucks when u suffer the earlier years of ur life... these are suppose to be the more enjoyable times for life.. heh=[

dunno y more arent helping out with suggestions, maybe they just dont know (?)

I dont either im sorry to say.

The only thing i can suggest is emailing/writing/going to different derms to get a better perspective on wither or not your skin is treatable for scars yet. Dont lose heart if you should wait a while (i still had very active acne at 17 so your a step ahead of most in that i think)

The only other thing i can do is ask my derm when i see him for a hypothetical answer based on what info you have given, but i dont see him till the 20th of this month.

Suhail

My facial skin is my worst feature and always will be. When I was your age (i am 55 now), I was dumped by GF and I blamed it on my face. I committed to improving my lot in life, focusing on what I could control.

First, I stopped doing stupid things like smoking, heavy drinking and the like (it was 1960s). Next, I started jogging and doing pushups every day, as well as some lap swimming. This will get you really buff - girls really go for that. Jogging/swimming gives you time to think about what you want to accomplish and try. Moreover, exercise is a great cure for depression.

Then, I focused on excelling at University so I could gain a better social and economic position. I did not have much fun in college and my many years of study, but I ended up with an exellent job and a great body and I started to date again.

Now, decades later, I am trying to fix my skin because I have the interest, time and money. I am convinced that my bad skin hurt me in my career and in other ways, but I did not compound this "discrimination" by being fat, stupid and the like. I am glad I waited because techniques have improved for this very difficult problem of scar correction. Just be careful because it is posssible to do more damage than good.

Anyway, I don't want to come off as a lecturing asshole, but wanted to point out that facial skin is only part of the equation and that exercise if a wonderful antidepressant.

For your acne, wash with sea buckthorn oil soap twice a day (such as facedoctor rejuvenating soap, or bluesagenaturals.com)

and finally, treat with the ZZ cream found at:

demodexsolutions.com

it`ll work in 2 months and your skin will look alot better, not only because demodex is dead, but also the skin will thin out and normalize

dont stress too much either, and dont eat too many carbs

Hi Suhail! Just wanted to say that I know how you feel, try to keep your spirits up, I also had acne all through my teenage years, and now I have scars to prove it -- i hide behind my hair, hate going in daylight/white light, can't look anyone in the face for more than a few seconds... I'm going to try the TCA Cross method, but you're really young still, keep going to the derm, read about all the scar treatments and stuff, look at ppl's galleries, your scars will most likely lessen as you get older (i know you want a quick and easy treatment now, but it's almost impossible)...

Everyone here has gone through/is going through exactly what you are going through! And we're all searching for ways to get through this...just read through some of the posts!!

It's great that you are searching for ways to lessen your scars now, while you're still young!