Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rachel12

Rachel's log - the Oil Cleansing Method plus CSR

Ok, I figure keeping a log might get me through the harder times when I look at my skin and I jsut want to cry. If this keeps working, I might try it elsewhere on my body.

I just started using the clear skin regimen gel a week and a half ago. I was thrilled when a cyst threatened to come up, and didn't!

Current condition of face:

Almost spot free! I had a big one appear on my chin, y'know, where it's painful when you yawn, or smile, or brush your teeth...

There are still some smaller spots, but nothing too big.

The worst area is my chin with the folliculitis. The scars and irritation aren't red, but more like dark skin.

Dry - I might need to change my moisturizer. Generally, I use lighter moisturizers, but my skin has been changing over the last year or so. I think the BP gel is drying me out.

Condition elsewhere:

There's a bunch of spots on my back, but I'm not terribly worried about it.

There are, however, small spots all over my chest area. And, unfortunately, painful acne in the genital areas. ouch.

My legs, of course, are still bad. The folliculitis hasn't changed.

My skin still appears to be generally irritated veyr easily - a simple scratch or pulling a hair in the right place could produce a welt that will stay there for hours.

My current regimen:

Morning:

use OCM (Oil cleansing method) on face. I am testing OCM on my right leg too. The OCM has finally started to show some good results after two months of use.

Put on BP

Put on moisturizer

wash body with Dove beauty bar

Use Everyday Minerals makeup

Evening:

Wash off makeup with tea tree oil cleanser

apply BP

put on moisturizer

Glad you think so, too, Eloise! I think it also is th best concealer I've ever found (and at 26, I've tried many)! :)

Quick update:

I put on more moisturizer this morning after putting on the BP and it looks much better. I used to have much more oily skin, so I think I automatically skimp on lotion.

I have one threatening-to-be-a-cyst pimple just below my mouth. I have no idea why I keep getting spots just below my mouth. Not on my chin really, just below my lips. And those always hurt. THey're always cysts and painful ones at that. Sucks since I like to sing, and sometimest he pimples acutally alter how I pronounce words. :(

Quick update:

I put on more moisturizer this morning after putting on the BP and it looks much better. I used to have much more oily skin, so I think I automatically skimp on lotion.

I have one threatening-to-be-a-cyst pimple just below my mouth. I have no idea why I keep getting spots just below my mouth. Not on my chin really, just below my lips. And those always hurt. THey're always cysts and painful ones at that. Sucks since I like to sing, and sometimest he pimples acutally alter how I pronounce words. :(

So I had this nasty painful cycst below my lips. Using the regular regimen wasn't working, so instead I put a dab of 10% BP on the cyst. I think the key is to put as little on as possible so that the skin around it doesn't dry out. Today, the cyst is going down. It's still there, but it doesn't hurt anymore! I foloowed the Regimen everywhere else with csr.

Grrr. I've got a few nasty ones starting on my chin b/c of my period. Sucks. And they're painful, too! I'm hitting them with BP, so we'll see if they get better or worse. :pray:

I just love what stress does to my skin. grr. I moved this past weekend, so my skin decided to celebrate with 3 cysts. I was thinking to something my grandma taught me about homeopathic medicine. She said that even with the best homeopathic remedies, you have to change them around because your body gets used to it. Maybe it's the same thing with skn stuff. The Regimen was working for me. Not it ain't so much. Just like how aloe vera gel once worked. Maybe I'll try logging how long certian things work and see if there's a pattern. Also, when I moved this past weekend, my regimen went down the tubes, so maybe I should wait a bit and get back on the regimen before freaking out and crying in dressing rooms.