Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
UnhappyChappy

Healthy Meal ideas

Just wanted to get some people to suggest healthy, relatively fast and simple meal ideas. ill start:

Pasta with a sauce

Rice, prefferabbly not white

Winter soups

2 Minute noodles with toast

Eggs or baked beans on toast

BBQ - sausages, steak, onions, mash potato (or sweet potato)

Chicken wings

Just some of my regular ones, contribute yours!

Breakfast: fresh fruits and tea.

Lunch: a nice spinach salad with a good dressing.

Dinner: brown rice with steamed or raw vegetables.

Snacks: Nuts, bee pollen, fruits, vegetables dipped in guacamole / hummous / curry sauce / whatever else.

Breakfast: Oats, eggs (diet enhanced; > 500 mg Omega3/egg)

Salad: Spring mix, walnuts, sliced strawberries, chicken, EVOO, honey mustard.

Post Weight lifting smoothie: Stoneyfield plain yogurt, orange juice, flax oil, blueberries, strawberries, 2 scoops of Optimum Nutrition Vanilla whey protein.

Something like pasta depends on the products. A normal spaghetti noodle with something like Prego isn't going to cut it. You'd need a mutligrain noodle with flax and eggs. Get a real tomato sauce (ie no corn syrup or sugar). Maybe some EVOO or Basil Pesto.

Sprouted grain tortillas filled with turkey, organic mixed baby greens and tomatoes works for a balanced breakfast, lunch, or dinner. You can add avocado or cheese for flavor if they agree with you...

Brown rice

grilled chicken

with chopped up celery and a bit of fat free salad dressing ontop of it all!

Breakfast: Oatmeal or Miusli (sp?), Fruits, Tea

(Wholewheat) Pasta + Sauce

(Brown) Rice + Sauce

Salad: lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, cucumber (whatever veg I find) + lots of olive oil and vinegar (I sometimes add tuna or salmon) + lots of bread

After workout meal: Tuna/salmon + salad cream + olive oil + bread

Snacks: oatmeal, fruits, fruit juice, veggies (carrots)

Thats about it

I'm bored of these meals and I need something new, post some :) .

this thread is awesome!

im well printing it off in a few days when there is more

then i can make myself even more nice lunches :D

Post Weight lifting smoothie: Stoneyfield plain yogurt, orange juice, flax oil, blueberries, strawberries, 2 scoops of Optimum Nutrition Vanilla whey protein.

Something like pasta depends on the products. A normal spaghetti noodle with something like Prego isn't going to cut it. You'd need a mutligrain noodle with flax and eggs. Get a real tomato sauce (ie no corn syrup or sugar). Maybe some EVOO or Basil Pesto.

Does anyone know where they get the Omega 3s that are in some eggs???? Is this natural?? I buy Organic Valley brown eggs and the large have the omega 3s and the extra large don't. where does it come from?

Does anyone know where they get the Omega 3s that are in some eggs???? Is this natural?? I buy Organic Valley brown eggs and the large have the omega 3s and the extra large don't. where does it come from?

Chickens? :eh:

They feed the chicken flaxmeal, and the chicken in turn have DHA and EPA in their eggs. Good stuff.

They feed the chicken flaxmeal, and the chicken in turn have DHA and EPA in their eggs. Good stuff.

I'm expecting the quality of flaxmeal to be bad, full of mercury and other bad stuff flaxmeal can have. Think about it, chicken eat what they're given plus producers need to make some profit of it and they wont give the chicken something good. They'll use the cheapest stuff they can get their hands on. Eggs dont have such things naturally so why bother, buy some quality omega-3 sources.

All over the place.

Oddly enough, I've found Walmart to have the best. They have one brand that has 660 mg omega3/egg. That's because that particular brand gives the chicken an optimal diet.

It's natural. We're not the only ones that benefit from healthy diets.

I'm expecting the quality of flaxmeal to be bad, full of mercury and other bad stuff flaxmeal can have. Think about it, chicken eat what they're given plus producers need to make some profit of it and they wont give the chicken something good. They'll use the cheapest stuff they can get their hands on. Eggs dont have such things naturally so why bother, buy some quality omega-3 sources.

If you really want quality eggs, go to your city's farmers / saturday market, if they have one. Buy local and don't worry about greedy corportate farms.

A lot of the stuff people posted here isn't healthy at all. Here's what I consider healthy:

Buy a bunch of varieties of organic nuts and seeds. Soak them in clean water for 6 hours. Eat them.

Buy organic seel cut oatmeal. Soak it in clean water for 6 hours. Eat it.

Buy organic eggs. Break them. Drink them.

Buy organic vegetables. Wash them. Eat them.

that's what I consider a healthy meal.

Same here teplo. A little tip on the egg though, the yolk is best eaten raw while the white is better lightly cooked as far as health purposes go.

Really healthy stuff:

- buy a juicer and make raw fruit / veggie juices. all the vitamins and none of the fiber, so you absorb it all directly and effortlessly.

- buy legumes like lentils and mung beans, soak them for 12 hours and then sprout them by putting them in a colander with a towel on the bottom, rinsing them a few times a day until they are sprouted in 2-3 days. sprouting creates vitamin C, and increases the other vitamins in the legumes. this is also DIRT CHEAP. you can sprout nuts too, and grains.

-wild alaskan caught salmon - put it in your freezer for atleast 5 days and make sure that the temperature is 10F or below. after that, defrost, cut into strips, and marinate in an acidic solution like lemon juice or apple cider vinegar, and throw in some spices like garlic and onions. eat raw. the freezing kills of any possible parasite you could ingest from raw fish, the marinating predigests the protein and makes the salmon extremely easy to digest. good for people with compromised digestive systems.

-any berry you like as a snack - they're very nutrient dense foods, bursting with antioxidants.

-white tea instead of green tea - even more antioxidants, less caffeine.

A lot of the stuff people posted here isn't healthy at all. Here's what I consider healthy:

Buy a bunch of varieties of organic nuts and seeds. Soak them in clean water for 6 hours. Eat them.

'Healthy' is not just about the body, the mind has to like what you are eating. I would consider that an 'extreme and un-practical diet' - just my 2 cents :shifty:

Give me a good dressing and I can eat the same bowl of greens for days. Give me a nice hummus or guacamole and I can dip my vegetables in it for a week without getting tired of it. Give me a curry sauce, I got my shit in check!

Healthy tip of day: a little fat helps absorb the beta carotene in green / orange veggies :)

Um its a bit of an organic diet dont u think? And who the hell drinks eggs

Its such a s pain in the a*s to figure out what to eat.

Would be really nice if we could start one big receipes thread where we help out collect recepies. We could 2-3 threads for different types of diets.

Um its a bit of an organic diet dont u think? And who the hell drinks eggs

where've you been? This is the diet we've all been discussing for months now.

The topic is "healthy meal ideas" - these foods are the healthiest. Anything less (or more cooked, rather) is less healthy.

Its such a s pain in the a*s to figure out what to eat.

Would be really nice if we could start one big receipes thread where we help out collect recepies. We could 2-3 threads for different types of diets.

Well my friend this is an attempt, as im sick of thinking of meals too, and i'm in the middle of making a list, this thread isnt helping that much tho...

It would be nice if we could get a moderator to keep this thread clean from posts like this. :D

Strictly what-Ive-eaten-today posts in here..

What I've eaten today:

-Breakfast: Avocado, kiwi, bee pollen.

-Snacks: Bee pollen, dried cranberries (unsweetened!)

-Beverages: Spirulina, Carrot Juice, Wheatgrass Juice, Rooibos Tea, Rice Milk.

- A pot of steamed broccoli and cauliflower, with guacamole for taste.

- Dried coconut flakes.

I think that's it... On paper this all looks disgustingly healthy...!