Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bushie

Prevening raised scars while on Accutane

Hi everyone,

I'm on month 3 of accutane and I've had a red and raised area (and firm) from about a month before I went on Accutane. I'm afraid its going to be a permanent hypertrophic scar.

Just wondering if anyone knows of anything that could be used to help it flatten out while still on Accutane? I was thinking Mederma, Kelo-cote, Kenalog, Cica-Care, etc.... does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

I've had good experiences with Olay Total Effects night cream. It helps flatten/smooth skin. Also everytime I feel my skin gets rough and dry or there will be possible breakouts, I use it.

keloid scars are most often treated by cortisone shots by your derm. there's no real way to prevent them, as they're hereditary (to my knowledge). you should properly consult the derm about your tane course if you plan on the cortisone shot.

gluck

Hey Bushie! I would just glob it in neosporin everynight and next time you see your derm, ask him about it. Im sure it will fully heal after the course as most scars and red marks do... I hope it packs its bags and leaves :pray:

hey,what about those silicone sheets?ive read they are good for raised scars.but i think you have to wear it like 12 hrs a day for something like 12 weeks or so. good luck.