Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Skipper

Natural Looking Makeup

yep ^ I agree.

I have been using Almay Smart Shade and I absolutely love it. It is quite sheer and does not look fake or cakey at all. And best of all my skin has not had any breakouts from it, I've been using it a few months now. Oil-free and hypoallergenic as all Almay things are.

Guest blackheadben

or Bare Minerals! :D

My cousin tried bare minerals and said it looked really bad. she got the right shade so it wasn't an off color, she said the consistency was horrible.

or Bare Minerals! :D

My cousin tried bare minerals and said it looked really bad. she got the right shade so it wasn't an off color, she said the consistency was horrible.

It depends, a lot of people hate BE and a lot of people love it

I just apply sunscreen and pressed powder and I'm good to go, a proof that my skin has made a long way since my foundation wearing days :cool:

I used to be obsessed with finding the right foundation, and nothing looked natural; even if the shade was close to my skin color, it was always obvious that I had makeup on, I think your best bet would be a tinted moisturizer, but even that can make your skin look mirky

I would recommend Physicans Formula. I am hispanic and have an olive complexion in the summer but in the winter I am pretty fair. I use the yellow concealor and then would use the shade that matches your skin color. The reason i like it so much is their powders have a palette so it looks even and doesn't look like your wearing make up. I use the bronze year round even in the winter when im pale and it just makes me looked bronzed. The make up does not claim to be water proof but I have found that if I go in the water it doesn't really come off on me unless I rub my face with a towel.

I use Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse also, the lightest shade. It is very natural looking and covers red spots very well. I also use Cover Girl powder though too (once again the lightest shade) and everyone loves my make-up. Well, people who want me to be more out there and wear more out there make-up, don't, but I do.

I'm asian with a medium tan and yellow undertones.

if you have minor or moderate acne, I think BareMinerals is great for coverage and looks light and FEELS natural even when you buff on what seems like a lot of 'layers' on your face. It's really very good :) and also really very expensive :(

but good lol!

Does Bare minerals look natural outside or in bright light?

Outside it looks good because it's not thick like most makeup. That's why other makeup I've experienced looks fake when you're outside, because they don't reflect the light.

In bright light - bathrooms, fluorescent, etc. the makeup blends in with my skin. My acne never looked better under makeup haha.

You know how with most makeup, you turn your head to the side and you can see in the mirror how the makeup looks like a different color than your skin? Yeah, BM doesn't do that, so it's kinda cool.

I wear Neutrogena concealer, and over that I wear clinique blended face powder in transparency neutral. The powder is practically colorless, and no one can tell I'm wearing any. If you want foundation, I suggest Neutrogena. I don't need foundation anymore, but I found that it looked natural, too. Try the skin clearing foundation, because it has 2% salycic acid in it.

Try the skin clearing foundation, because it has 2% salycic acid in it.

Just because a product has salicylic acid in it does not mean that it will exfoliate within the pore. A salicylic acid product must have a pH of 4 or lower to be an effective exfoliant. Most products are not pH correct or are irritating; often both. When salicylic acid is in a solution that has too high of a pH, it acts as a water-binding agent rather than an exfoliant. The Neutrogena Skin Clearing Foundation (as is typical of most makeup) has too high of a pH for the salicylic acid to work as an exfoliant.

hi- Any suggestions for makeup that looks pretty natural? thanks.

All I use is a liquid concealer, because they offer lighter coverage, and if it makes my cheeks too pale I'll use a cream blush and if I'm shiny I'll use blotting papers. It's easier than mineral makeup and it works for me. I've been told that the guy I like hates makeup, and he doesn't know I wear any. A plus. It works well for me, covers my acne, and looks really natural. It's the best makeup routine I've ever had.

Good luck with your acne, everyone!

Philosophy Supernatural Airbrushed Canvas w/SPF 15. Great coverage, natural looking, mineral makeup. It's $35 and you can get it from any Sephora, QVC or Philosophy's website. I will never use BE or any other mineral makeup again.