Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
meka

Emo vs. Acne: The financial side of it all

I've been calculating today how much I've invested in OTC products and doctors visits. I've spent a total of $750 in the last 12 months with very little positive results. Now, I pay for my own health care. But, the more I make, the more they want me to pay. Although the benefits of paying more are no different than what a person would receive as a walk in free care paitent. (Greedy bastards!)

Still, to this very day. No solution to my problem after all this money invested into OTC products and doctor visits. I'm just about $800 in debt. Though, I wonder how much more do I have to invest in order to find a solution?

Question: How much money have you invested into OTC products?

Has it helped your problem?

when i think back over the years, my total really must be in the thousands..this year alone i spent 600 euro on accunpuncture and accupressure, about 250 euro and alternative herbal medicine, whatever amount it was for two precriptions of zinertyn, tea tree treaments, lamisil cream, exfoliating scrubs, salicylic lotions, face masks etc.. in the past i have spent a lot on otc products, on precribition anti biotics, eg.augmentin,eurythromicin(about 3 diff brands) topical treatments such as bp, panoxyl, steimicin etc and contraceptive pills such as yasmin and dianette..ive also spent money on treatments to clear out my system and regulate my bowel and generally try to flush toxants out of my body..ive also seens a holistic doctor who was very expensive to attend, he also performed accupuncture and completely changed my diet, i was on very expensive completely organic products and linseed and flax oil.. i saw a faith healer, and paid good money to a private dermatologist who was absolutely terrible..these are only the things i can remember, i can remember people telling me stupid things to try-and trying them but they dont all come foward enough in my mind to remember them vividly..

none of these things have helped in any substantioal way, my acne is at its very worst and i hope to god it wont actually get any worse.because that would really be beyond belief.

possibly time for accutane...more expense

Guest Kaelynd

I just did a approximate total of how much money my parents have spent o nthings otc and prescription or anything to help my acne,

And I am positive it will far surpass 2000 dollars by the end of my accutane.. lets just pray that will be the end. Although I would say 60-70% of that is covered by our health plan

not a hell of alot, but id say everything cosmetic, sunbeds, gym, soap, moisturizers, etc. is a very large number and percentage of my income.

but thats the human condition

Since I've been dealing with this for almost eleven years, I would say close to two thousand dollars or more. I've tried almost every product on the market when it comes to cleansers, toners, and moisturizers. I gave proactiv a try two different times for over six months each time, tried Murad for a few months, along with Acne-Free and the Clinique Three-Step System. I have a light that is supposed to help my skin, cost two hundred dolllars. I saw a homeopathic doctor, so I had to pay for herbs for over two months. I could go on and on about everthing I've tried, but the main thing I have to say is that nothing really helped me that much!

All I ever used were prescription meds, which cost me $4 bucks a shot regardless of what they were. One week's worth of prednisone and four months of accutane cured me 8 years ago for $20.

I often wonder how much I've spent on treatments over the years, luckily my parents have paid for most of the basic stuff like washes etc. but I've footed the bill for the most expensive stuff myself

I had 6 professional glycolic acid peels which I think cost around £45 each but I can't remember exactly :think:

And I had an IPL treatment done which cost £75 but dicontinued my course after I got a blister :( Although I am thinking about getting some done again to help with red marks this time so that will be more expenses!

And when I first started the regimen I ordered a load of stuff from drugstore.com to the UK which came to about £40 with postage and never used any of it because I found alternatives in the UK :doh: Although I am starting the use the eucerin skin renewals I ordered for the summer because they have an SPF, so hopefully all is not lost! :D

Scary thread! Don't really want to even think about it..... over the last few years with all the different creams + cleansers + herbal products + prescription meds + exfoliators + astringents + toners + cosmetics + masks + vitamin supplements.... All $$$ wasted! :wall: I'd like to think that some of those products worked but I'd really be kidding myself. I regret it. I've vowed to not waste any more money on crap for my complexion. The line is drawn here. And in all honesty, my complexion has become better and better after giving up on all the chemical crap and following a gentle, natural (and inexpensive) routine.