Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What do you mean "work out?" When I work out I make it a point to NOT let sweat dry on my skin. IE---keep running/pumping etc. until you're done with your "workout," then hit the showers and wash.

Exercise brings color into my skin which I love, and if for some reason there's a pimple on my face, it will dry out and be gone within a matter of hours. I also noticed that I don't have anymore cysts.

Oh yes, and I have a sex-ay toned BOD.

I think working out will benefit your health, your skin and your self-esteem. Sweating (e.g. from heavy cardio) can help the body to cleanse itself too. As clubkid said, it's very important to shower/cleanse immediately after the workout. I like to shower when I'm not completely cooled down. That way the pores are still somewhat open so sweat and toxins can be easily released. If the sweat dries on your skin, it can lead to further problems.

Some people who workout tend to use supplements and powders etc. to improve their diets and, thereby, hope to improve their performance in the gym. Certain supplements, powders, etc. can promote acne so you need to choose these wisely.

Lastly, for the acne on your forehead, try and avoid wearing hats and ball caps and make sure no hair care products (including shampoos, conditioners, gels, sprays, etc.) remain on your skin. Sometimes sweating can cause the hair styling products to roll down onto your skin.

yeah ive noticed it does...take a shower or run through sprinklers right after your workout.

I think working out will benefit your health, your skin and your self-esteem. Sweating (e.g. from heavy cardio) can help the body to cleanse itself too. As clubkid said, it's very important to shower/cleanse immediately after the workout. I like to shower when I'm not completely cooled down. That way the pores are still somewhat open so sweat and toxins can be easily released. If the sweat dries on your skin, it can lead to further problems.

Some people who workout tend to use supplements and powders etc. to improve their diets and, thereby, hope to improve their performance in the gym. Certain supplements, powders, etc. can promote acne so you need to choose these wisely.

Lastly, for the acne on your forehead, try and avoid wearing hats and ball caps and make sure no hair care products (including shampoos, conditioners, gels, sprays, etc.) remain on your skin. Sometimes sweating can cause the hair styling products to roll down onto your skin.

Can you link me to research proving this? The reason is that I use a protein powder mix and I was wondering if that could be the cause the acne I get.

so do you think the moose i use on my hair is causing pimples on my forehead ..if so, is there another product i can use

Well.. Yeah. Any chemical you add to your hair, will end up on your forehead. Also long hair, its just the matter of heat versus irration. I would just go natural with the hair. Watch your forehead clear up.

natural or there are some products i believe over here in australia where they use tea tree oil or sumthin similar for the gel... so yeh... anythin that doesnt use chemicals... all natural is the way 2 go.. :D

Out of topic but guys do u think eating to much white eags (example 6-7 a day) couse acne? Also what About Animal pak?