Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DolceDolce

i dont understand why makeup won't cover well

okay.. so heres what i dont get.. my "acne" is not really like bumpy zits.. too be honest im not even sure if its active acne or red marks or wahtever (but the derm never said anything about that) so my skins not covered with bumpy zits, its like reddish marks that are flat (on my cheeks), i have a few like bumpy zits on my chin and big pores around my nose/cheeks

so i'm imaginiing that since its not 'bumpy' zits it would be easier to cover?

i buy all these 'full coverage' foundations.. and when i put them on they never cover the marks.. they kind of make them look darker? does that mean the foundation colour is too dark? i find that the foundation acutally covers the bumpy zits around my chin better than whatever it is on my cheeks, which i dont get..

can anyone help?

I also have hard to cover red marks and the best way I've found to cover them is by dabbing on concealer and letting it dry for 5-10 minutes before blending it in. Just put a dot right on the top of your zits to cover them and let it sit there. There is just something about letting it dry that makes the coverage a lot better. Before I do this I usually put a base coat of foundation on, but the foundation only covers the marks a little bit... it is more for evening out your skin tone.

Guest TylerD

Use a primer underneath it will help the foundation go on alot better. Also if you have pesky red marks that are hard to cover maybe you need something a little bit more thick. CoverFX has a great creme foundation. That is what I use. And My red marks suck too.

I can relate to the red marks. I've found that concealer and foundation make the redness appear purple! What works for me is green tinted products underneath my foundation and concealer. I use Eucerin redness relief. It's very lightweight and makes the redness virtually disappear. It works and it is cheap!

Good luck!

ahh lol i totallly feel you on this problem. I actually have two HUGE redmarks on the side of my face/jawline (tried to pick at an inflamed under the skin pimple....bad idea by the way) and found the ONLY thing that would cover it completely and not make it just change colors was my Laura Mercier secert camoflauge compact....... I adore it and it's never broken my out :)

I can relate to the red marks. I've found that concealer and foundation make the redness appear purple! What works for me is green tinted products underneath my foundation and concealer. I use Eucerin redness relief. It's very lightweight and makes the redness virtually disappear. It works and it is cheap!

Good luck!

I also like Eucerin Redness Relief Tone Perfecting Cream. However, it does contain waxy ingredients that could potentially clog the pores, though I have never had a problem and apparantly the above user hasn't either. You only need a little bit; otherwise, you might wind up with a green patch over your skin. I've also found that it's best to exfoliate the skin (chemically or manually) and moisturize before applying this, because like most makeup, it will cling to any dryness. When applying, just take a little bit onto your index finger, dot in on, and pat it in with your clean ring finger.

Try estee lauder Double wear makeup..

It doesn't clog pores..i've tried mineral makeup and nothing covers better than double wear!!!!

thanks everyone for the suggestions... and yes! the foundation does make my red marks purple too!!

i dont use concealer.. just foundation.. so maybe that could be a reason?

skeptik i haven't tried it yet, i was at shoppers the other day but the only foundation they had for la roche posay was 'toleraine cream'? or something.. isnt that the dry line? i dont know if i could use that.. and i asked the girl and she said thres no other foundation from la roche posay (that they have anyway) is that the kind that u use?

thanks everyone for the suggestions... and yes! the foundation does make my red marks purple too!!

i dont use concealer.. just foundation.. so maybe that could be a reason?

skeptik i haven't tried it yet, i was at shoppers the other day but the only foundation they had for la roche posay was 'toleraine cream'? or something.. isnt that the dry line? i dont know if i could use that.. and i asked the girl and she said thres no other foundation from la roche posay (that they have anyway) is that the kind that u use?

It is called Toleriane Corrective Fluid Foundation....it's not a cream, and it's oil-free. I believe the toleriane line is for sensitive, intolerant skin, which is great for me because my skin is super sensitive and flakey from using BP. It is non-comedogenic and was actually tested on people with acne (which never happens!). You can read the package insert in the box as there isn't much info on the outside of the box.

It's really new though, so maybe they didn't have the whole line in yet at your shoppers.

oh yeah.. that is the thing that isaw there.. the thing is in thsi phamplet thing i got with my effaclar cleanser it says toleraine line is for dry, intolerant skin.. im worried about using the foundation because my skins really oily.. definetly not dry.

what kind of form does the foundation come in?

I recently found a trick.

I'm using cream blush and dabbed over the whole cheeks where my marks are. Then, I dabbed on the foundation and gently patt with my fingers. The marks are less visible compared to putting just the foundation alone. Give it a try.

oh yeah.. that is the thing that isaw there.. the thing is in thsi phamplet thing i got with my effaclar cleanser it says toleraine line is for dry, intolerant skin.. im worried about using the foundation because my skins really oily.. definetly not dry.

It's liquid. I'm as oily as hell too and it works for me. I used to use Maybelline Shine Control foundation, until it was discontinued, and this one doesn't make me any oilier than that one did. If you try it and don't like it they'll give a full refund at shopper's...I made sure of that before I blew $30!

cream foundation is the best at covering red marks, but be careful, it may clog pores or cause more acne

It's liquid. I'm as oily as hell too and it works for me. I used to use Maybelline Shine Control foundation, until it was discontinued, and this one doesn't make me any oilier than that one did. If you try it and don't like it they'll give a full refund at shopper's...I made sure of that before I blew $30!

oh really? thats good.. im soooo tired of blowing so much money on makeup that sucks.

how do you apply it? did it make you break out at all?

oh really? thats good.. im soooo tired of blowing so much money on makeup that sucks.

how do you apply it? did it make you break out at all?

To apply it, I shake it up really well, and put a tiny bit on my fingers (you need very little of this stuff). My skin has cleared up a lot since using it, and now I just put it under my eyes and on spots. I put Mac Bronzing powder over it, for more colour and oil control. It hasn't caused me to break out, which is really rare for me, and I've been using it for about 6 weeks. Even Maybelline Pure Make-up, which everyone says is good for acne, made me break out.

sounds good.. im not completely happy with the makeup im using now (lancome and sometimes everyday minerals) so i think i will try it... im just wondernig how it makes you pores look? ive noticed that my pores acutally look smaller without makeup and then when i put it on it just makes them look HUGE even thou they're not that size to begin with..

i think ill buy it on SATURDAY.. its that specical day at shoppers if you spend over $50+ you get like 20x the optimum points.. im gona get that and the eurcerin redness relief thingy

to the users that suggest eucerin redness relief.. should i get the tone perfecting creme or daily perfectign lotion? do you know what the difference is?

i was reading some reviews on Makeupalley, alot of users seem to find the product makes them ghost looking and pale? what are your skin tones like?

to the users that suggest eucerin redness relief.. should i get the tone perfecting creme or daily perfectign lotion? do you know what the difference is?

i was reading some reviews on Makeupalley, alot of users seem to find the product makes them ghost looking and pale? what are your skin tones like?

Hi! Sorry it took so long to reply! I have fair skin. I use the tone perfecting creme and just dab it on the trouble spots. I would imagine it would make you look pale if you use too much or use it all over your face. I always use it under powder foundation/bronzer...so I've never had a problem with it giving me a pale appearance.

I hope you give it a try...I really think you'll be pleased!

Good luck!

Hi! Sorry it took so long to reply! I have fair skin. I use the tone perfecting creme and just dab it on the trouble spots. I would imagine it would make you look pale if you use too much or use it all over your face. I always use it under powder foundation/bronzer...so I've never had a problem with it giving me a pale appearance.

I hope you give it a try...I really think you'll be pleased!

Good luck!

no prob... i am planning on using it under makeup.. the thing is .. now i cant find it anywhere!!

the shoppers drug mart (big pharmacy place in canada) .. well everyone i go to doesnt have the eucerin rednes renewal line.. only the regular one.. sooo i guess i'll have to try other smaller drug stores!