Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Anonym

Is it ok to take a nap in the sun when on the regime?

Hello

Is it okay to take a nap(< 1 hour) in the sun(while using at least SPF 15) when on the regime or is it a bad idea?

Regards

(And yes we have perfect weather in Denmark right now :D )

if you have SPF on where you apply bp mainly

then yea thats cool i gues

ALTHO! a sunscreen EG SPF15 wil reduce reddening from UVB, compared to how long the skin takes to redden without protection. If it takes 20 minutes without protection to begin reddening, using an SPF 15 sunscreen theoretically prevents reddening 15 times longer - about 5 hours

bare that inmind when you are in the sun!

yeah i go out in the sun for 3-4 hours in a day all the time on the regimen. i wear spf because im paranoid about getting some sunburn or something bad happening due to the bp, but, mind you, when i was on proactiv i hardly ever wore spf on my face and would be out in the sun 6-7 hours in a row and never had problems.

I would definitely wear something stronger than spf 15 if I was going to be sleeping in direct sunlight! At least spf 30.

But, why are you wanting to nap in the sun anyway? Just seems risky.....

I would definitely wear something stronger than spf 15 if I was going to be sleeping in direct sunlight! At least spf 30.

prob to get tan-tastic! hehe

Ok then...dont you people from the USA go to the beach ?

well sure we go to the beach.

And I have a pool in my backyard so I go swimming everyday. But I don't fall asleep in the sun. And I do use spf 30, so that at least when some sun does get through, it just ends up in a tan and not a burn.

well sure we go to the beach.

And I have a pool in my backyard so I go swimming everyday. But I don't fall asleep in the sun. And I do use spf 30, so that at least when some sun does get through, it just ends up in a tan and not a burn.

So I can stay in the sun aslong as I stay awake and use SPF 30 :shock:

no, lol.

But at least when you are awake, you will know when enough is enough.

hehe ok you are right on that :D

But then forget about the nap - it's okay to stay in the sun(ex on the beach)

as long as one uses a strong SPF :angel:

Well, it's one of those things where it isn't wise to do, but we can't all live in caves and avoid the sun.

Just be smart about it. Put on spf 30 (or higher if you tend to burn easily), and reapply it every 1 1/2 to 2 hours. That way you won't burn.

Well, it's one of those things where it isn't wise to do, but we can't all live in caves and avoid the sun.

Just be smart about it. Put on spf 30 (or higher if you tend to burn easily), and reapply it every 1 1/2 to 2 hours. That way you won't burn.

Ok, but note that I in the first post wrote that I would be in the sun for maximum 1 hour.

So you were planning on going outside, falling asleep immediately, waking up after exactly one hour, and then going inside?

That sounds like some weird plans, lol.

Those instructions for the sunscreen I gave you are for general use. Anytime you are at the beach, there is likely swimming and/or sweating going on, and you would need to reapply it often. If you are really only out there for one hour, then I suppose you would not need to reapply.

But even with the best intentions of not staying out in the sun long, I think most of us tend to lose track of time, especially while having fun at the beach or pool. ;)

So you were planning on going outside, falling asleep immediately, waking up after exactly one hour, and then going inside?

That sounds like some weird plans, lol.

Those instructions for the sunscreen I gave you are for general use. Anytime you are at the beach, there is likely swimming and/or sweating going on, and you would need to reapply it often. If you are really only out there for one hour, then I suppose you would not need to reapply.

But even with the best intentions of not staying out in the sun long, I think most of us tend to lose track of time, especially while having fun at the beach or pool. ;)

ok..I think I should have asked in another way:

"For how long time can one stay in the sun when using at least SPF15 - is one hour ok ?"

;)

ok..I think I should have asked in another way:

"For how long time can one stay in the sun when using at least SPF15 - is one hour ok ?"

;)

It depends on your skin type. For some people, spf 15 would not be enough protection to keep from burning in an hour.

If you don't burn easily normally, then that might be fine. But if you are one of those people that tend to burn easily, I'd say you really need some spf 30 to spend an hour in direct sunlight. Otherwise maybe 30mins. for only having spf 15.