Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
~TEPL0~

Sequential Eating - ends digestion problems and possibly acne

The concept of sequential eating has changed my life, and thanks to Sepsi for pointing it out in his book.

http://www.drbass.com/sequential.html

Key concepts

• carbs digest in the intestine, proteins digest in stomach

• fats slow down digestion, so avoid them

You want to provide fast and efficient digestion, so nothing is left to rot inside your stomach/intestine. 

Here's what you do, in short

When you have a meal with a bunch of different foods, eat one food after the other.

• eat watery foods first

• then eat dry vegetables

• eat proteins last

Example: you're in a resteraunt and you order a plate of chicken. It comes with a soup and salad.

Here's how you eat it:

1) eat the soup (water goes through your system really fast, and so do boiled vegetables)

2) eat tomatoes from salad (because they have a lot of water)

3) eat cucumbers (they have water, but a little less than tomatoes)

4) eat the leafy greens from the salad (not much water, so they go last into your intestine)

5) eat chicken (because it digests in stomach)

6) wait an hour or more to have tea/coffee, and don't have dessert

• try not to drink a lot of water during the meal

• if you really want some dessert, it makes more sense to eat it before the meal, because the other stuff you eat will make it go through your system faster

I used to have pretty severe stomach problems and IBS, and sequential eating pretty much cured me.

It slightly improved acne for me - nothing major, but it might solve your skin problems, and it will definitely improve digestion

Ive heard about this before. It's interesting. I wonder whats behind the theory that you shouldn't drink much during your meals.

Not drinking while eating is naturopathic. The theory is to help your stomach by not dissolving its juices with extra water.

Someone here claimed to stop acne by making 2 hour breaks between eating and drinking.

Drinking hot tea is fine, though. Especially if it's ginger or peppermint which really aid in digestion.

I did the 2 hour thing, it was for LEAKY GUT I believe, my skin did improve, I dont remember having breakouts, but I was soooo thirsty during meals, so I started drinking again.. lol oopsey!

QUOTE(T∑PLØ @ Jun 11 2006, 08:14 AM) *

• fats slow down digestion, so avoid them

Enjoy an early death.

Maybe we should add here that eat fats separately from carbs. Good way to have fats is to put coconuts or avocados for salads or stir-fry them with vegetables.

I eat like this all day, everyday.. I think.. I'm on the www.freeacnebook.com diet and this is the order I eat:

Fruit... sugar, carbs

Salad...carbs...fat

Egg yolks or sashimi.. protein..

because I eat so many fruits everyday.. I don't really need to drink much water at all.... since I get it from the fruits..

My acne has pretty much cleared, except for when I don't follow the diet exact. My digestion, which was reallly bad... I'm talking about intensely sharp stomache pains, constipation. excessive burping... is COMPLETELY better... This could mainly be due to the fact that I only eat raw foods, but sequencial eating definately helps..

oh i just read the first post again........ i guess the fat isn't recommended........but I NEED my fat to stabalize my blood sugar level or else I break out... This is the order Wai suggests to eat these foods, and the purpose is to ease digestion.. So i guess if you have to eat the fat, this is where to do it..

Wai is my god.. .. .. .. so you may trust in her as well.

so you can only drink water 2 hrs before or after meals?

not much water you can fit into a span of a day i guess

Where would fish oil pills and protein shakes fit in the sequence of a full meal?

I mean a protein shake is basically watery protein

if you have acne, I would recommend not drinking protein shakes... They are very bad for the skin, and the body as well... if you must use all natural whey protein.. or even better get some egg-white protein.. jay robbs is the best.. it sounds like you work out.. if you are trying to gain mass or muscle you do need to drink alot of water.. so this would be difficult for ya..

I think the fish oil would be considered fat..... so i dunno

hmm that would be difficult.

i was sick with something(i'm guessing the flu) a few weeks ago, and i lost like 9 pounds

in one week(not sure how), and i wasn't too happy about that, so i'm gonna try to get the weight back.

I tried the egg/chicken brest thing before a couple of years back and it feels like i went to the buffet each day,

so i have no choice to take the protein for convenience sake.