Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ozboy

medicated soap?

i bought a medicated saop today called gamophen and the active ingrediant is 10mg/g TRICLOSAN and says that it provides effective antibacterial action which helps fight acne. it cleanses blocked pores and removes excess oil. it also gives alll over body odour protection( not that i need it).

so it the ingrediant triclosan ok for this regimen?

and another q how cum dan doesnt have the option of selling a cleanser and mois. over the net, that way we wont have problems of wondering if its the right bar etc..

For use with the regimen a basic soap os best that dosen't contain any active ingredients. This is because along with BP use aswell active ingredients could irritate your skin anymore so its best just to stick owth a basic soap. For Dan's recommendations on which to use check out here http://www.acne.org/rate.php?disp_cat=1&anchor=browse#browse

And Dan is actually in the process of making a cleanser and moisturiser of his own- the cleanser should be out any day now and the moisturiser probably in a few months :)

i used to use an acne medicated soap while on the regimen

i used to PRAISE it and washed my whole face iwth it

however after a month or so

where i applied bp (chin)

it got very red and itchy

and it turned out my medicated soap was too drying and it was causing irritation

this was around the time dan send all the acne.org staff the CSR Cleanser

so now i use that

and when it comes out

i suggest you buy that as a cleanser

its perfec :wub:

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

In Summer, a foaming bar such as Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing bar. Skin is a little oilier in Summer, foaming cleansers help out with that. (By Summer i mean generally warmer months)

In Winter, a gentle cleansing gel such as Cetaphil Gentle Cleasing Gel. Skin is drier in Winter, the non-foaming gel is gentler on chapped skin. (By Winter i mean generally cooler months)

You don't want to strip or treat the skin whilst washing, you just want excess oils and dirt gently washed away. I don't think you should use a medicated cleanser. These are just my opinions anyhow.

Medicated soap is a no-no, generally. I find that I can tolerate a little bit of salicyclic acid in a face wash, but it has to be less than 2% and most washes aren't. Antibacterial washes are even more drying and irritating, in my experience. Just keep in mind that no matter how medicated of a wash you use, it's likely not going to make a difference in your acne at all and it's instead things you leave on your face for a long time that do the trick.

^ i beg to differ on that one cool as kim

i use an ACNE soap "Boots ACT Cleansing bar!"

its rather drying BUT i used to have acne on my cheeks and NOW i dont get ANY

and i dont apply bp there.

maybe a co-insidence

but i think its more to do with the medicated soap

HOWEVER i dont recommend an acne medicated wash in use WITH BP

either was simply with acne soap

or wash with a mild cleanser

THEN apply bp

if i wash with that cleansing bar on my chin, then apply bp

my chin is VERY irritated and itchy

I agree with Dami4n, and I have heard a lot of people on these boards have success with a particular Neutrogena wash aswell. But with the regimen I would say it is definitely best to stick to a non-medicated wash- Dami4n learnt his lesson the hard way :P

I agree with Dami4n, and I have heard a lot of people on these boards have success with a particular Neutrogena wash aswell. But with the regimen I would say it is definitely best to stick to a non-medicated wash- Dami4n learnt his lesson the hard way :P

IPB Image