Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bex255

How long does it REALLY take

I couldn't find this anywhere so I thought I'd just ask..

how long does it take for a pimple to go through the whole stage of first being created until you can see it?? I know it's said to be two weeks but I've always thought it's more like 3 -4 days and I've read heaps of people on here saying that if they eat something bad or use a new product they break out 3-4 days later.. So I was just wondering if it's just a coincidence or what??

I couldn't find this anywhere so I thought I'd just ask..

how long does it take for a pimple to go through the whole stage of first being created until you can see it?? I know it's said to be two weeks but I've always thought it's more like 3 -4 days and I've read heaps of people on here saying that if they eat something bad or use a new product they break out 3-4 days later.. So I was just wondering if it's just a coincidence or what??

around 2 weeks

I honestly believe a simple whitehead could appear in less than 12 hours if triggered by alcohol or something of that nature.

p.s. im not saying alcohol will definetely cause breakouts, but for me sometimes when i drink and get dehydrated i notice a whitehead or two the next day. No big deal, but still i sometimes notice them after drinking. Whiteheads arent really anything to get upset about in my opinion as they arent under the skin and are very easy to get rid of.

yea a tiny one maybe would come in a short space of time

it depends on how fast your skin produces sebum

as the redspot is the swelling of the pore from sebum + white bloodcells

2 weeks is the generally accepted answer in the medical community however a particular sensitivity could cause a reaction. That is much different from a hormonal or bacterial cause, it would be an allergy or a sensitivity, this only happens with some. Odds are if you ate a big cheeseburger and broke out the next day, unless this ALWAYS happens everytime you eat a cheeseburger and you have tested that, its just a coincedence.