Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
iamthom

Clean & Clear Oxygenating Fizzing Cleanser

Drugstore.com

Alright. So I ran out of my current cleanser (Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Cleanser) and decided I wanted to try this whole oxygenating gimmick, and hopefully it does more than i expect. Ive only used it once. and that was tonight, but Im not going to count that as my start. Im at my girlfriends house so I cant do any of my routine other then wash and lotion (leaving out exfoliating, shaving, and bp)

At first, I was a little skeptical because of the price. I bought it for $6.99 at a local store, and that even included a dollar off. Only 5oz. My old stuff was about $2 cheaper. Another thing, its only a cleanser. Even though I see it every morning being advertised as an acne cleanser, there are no standard acne fighting ingredients such as BP or SA. Leaves me a little worried.

So, first time using it was fun. About a nickle/quater sized amount (though they recommend dime) on fingertips, spread it out evenly on face and watch as it turns into this shaving cream like lather. Oh, I didnt mention you apply it while your face is still dry, which I found odd (washed hands first regardless) Im guessing youre supposed to rub it around and use it like a regular cleanser once its lather. Then you wash off. I just splashed, rubbed so more (since it gets more bubbly) then splashed again.

I did some more research on it when I got home, which I know was stupid since I already bought it...... Some of the ingredients are considered a little bad for acne such as: Sodium Laureth Sulfate and Chrondrus crispus (Carrageenan). Little worried!

Short-hand description

Just bought this stuff as my new cleanser. Used it once so far but not as part of my regimen just yet (at g/fs) Foams up like a shaving cream, which is fun, not sure I would use it as shaving cream since it is only a cleanser though. I could only use the cleanser and some lotion so far. Ill count tomorrow night as the real first day. Hopefully this is something that will work for me.

LOL, all these gimmicky cleansers are around not to actually get your face cleaner but instead to give people who otherwise wouldn't wash their faces a reason to try it out and pay the steep price.

*sigh* Well, thats why im giving it a try. There are hardly any reviews for the stuff. Someone has to do it.

edit:

brutally honest or not, you are a major downer.

I hear you, I hear you. On one hand, it's fun to try out new face washes and play with things that foam or bubble or heat up or what have you, but on the other, it's nice just to have something you can rely on and pick up at the drugstore without thinking about it. I swear to God, all these new products (gradual tanning face moisturizer, AHAs, you name it) tempt me and make me spend an hour longer in the store than I need to.

its funny you mention the gradually tanning stuff, when I picked up my stuff, my girlfriend picked up that lol.

And yes, trust me, ive spent so long just looking at other products. But there is always that "what if?" question in the back off your mind. What if this "product here" actually works better?

God it all sucks.

Order it online where you won't look at other things to distract you or get someone else to pick it up for you by name. I realize my cleanser might not be the best, but it works well enough for me and I'll go crazy if I give myself the option to shop around more looking for a better one.

You'll probably relate to this article: http://www.usatoday.com/news/opinion/edito...1-05-edit_x.htm

Added my gallery. Man do I look bad. Ill take some more pictures later today before I go to a friends party (all outside, in the bright sun, which im dreading)

I started using it right when it came out then stopped sortly after because I didn't see any improvement. I also found the cleanser felt like I was putting hair gel all over my face! Anyway, I hope you have luck with this product IAmThom. :)

I dont know, maybe it was just because I went back to bed and actually woke up when I wanted to, but my face looks better lol.

I washed and did my routine this morning before going back to sleep, also used a better brand of calamine lotion (caladryl, the other stuff was a "compares with active ingredients in caladryl" kind)

My faces feels a little tight right now, but its not a dry tight. Im really not sure how to explain it.....I gotta stop touching it! lol

Thanks for your input though =)

Im actually really liking this stuff. Its not drying at all and makes my face feel a good kind of tight, not a dry kind. Ill keep you updated.

Also decided to up it a little on bp. Right now it burns a bit more in certain places, but otherwise it seems to be better.