Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
energizer

Raised scar resembling a wart

I had a cyst on my cheek about 1 inch below the middle of my eye that left a raised scar that looks something like a wart now. What is the best way to get rid of it? I have an appointment with a derm in a few weeks as well.

Thanks.

I'm interested to know this too. This sounds like what I have on one of my cheeks...of course, it is a rasied area right in the middle of allmy depressed scars so it makes the area look 10 times worse than it is. I've been applying the Avon Anew "laser" treatment to the area, which does seem to have helped a little but if someone knows how to get rid of it completely, please post!!

I had a cyst on my cheek about 1 inch below the middle of my eye that left a raised scar that looks something like a wart now. What is the best way to get rid of it? I have an appointment with a derm in a few weeks as well.

Thanks.

I have exactly that same situation in exactly the same spot. There was a cyst there and now it looks like a small raised spot like a wart. I'm about halfway through my accutane course and the cyst was from before I was on accutane. I went to a derm today and she said accutane can cause weird growths like that and was talking about burning it off eventually with liquid nitrogen.

She told me to leave it along, maybe put a warm compress on it, and she's going to measure it again in 1 month.

Not sure what else to do :-(