Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Le Chiffre

Dan please a 5% bp gel

I know a lot of you guys swear by 2.5% bp but for me it doesn't work well. 5% bp on the other hand works an absolute treat. I bet there are a lot of people in the same position as me. Dan, as everyone reacts differently to different medications, how about making a 5% bp gel? You could recommend people start on the 2.5% and if it isn't working increase to 5%.

Have you used the 2.5% bp as Dan says to in the Regimen?

Alot of people tend to think a milder product won't work, but it is because they aren't using enough of it.

If you haven't given the CSR a try, give it a good try of a few months, using the amount Dan recommends. For most people, it works.

Have you used the 2.5% bp as Dan says to in the Regimen?

Alot of people tend to think a milder product won't work, but it is because they aren't using enough of it.

If you haven't given the CSR a try, give it a good try of a few months, using the amount Dan recommends. For most people, it works.

Yes I have tried the 2.5% for a few months and my acne got worse but then went back to 5% and my acne is well under control. Panoxyl isn't ideal though.

Well, that's true. Panoxyl is notorious for being too irritating.

But if you are doing well with 5%, then keep on! You just would probably need to moisturize more to counteract the dryness.

2.5% works just as well as 5% in my case

i actually had better results with the 2.5% than i did with 5%

I appreciate that most people have good results with 2.5% but sadly I don't so I'm definitely sticking with 5%. I just wish there was a good alternative to Panoxyl (I also know that gels work better for me than creams). And yes I do moisturise, with Simple Oil Control Shine Manager Moisturiser and it works really well.

if your in the UK

Try Brevoxyl

its a 4% Cream BP

i used it

was quite good but use sparingly!

Creams don't work well for me. They don't absorb well and leave an oily residue. I really need a gel. I know brevoxyl 4% is a cream but I get the impression that it works more like a gel. Is that right? If so it could be ideal.

Creams don't work well for me. They don't absorb well and leave an oily residue. I really need a gel. I know brevoxyl 4% is a cream but I get the impression that it works more like a gel. Is that right? If so it could be ideal.

There is also DDF Benzoyl Peroxide. Do a search and you'll find it. I heard a lot of people llike it.

I have no plans to make a 5% BP.

But can you tell me which 2.5% you used that didn't work as well as you'd like?

Sure Dan, it was Panoxyl Aquagel 2.5.

that is known to be crapy man

its from most pharmacys in the UK and i hated it wen i used it

the CSR Gel isnt anything like it

an it actually does somethin :)

Although PanOxyl did work for me I found it incredibly irritating- it left me red and very dry. CSR gel is just perfect, I noticed the difference as soon as I switched :wub:

I thought you might say Panoxyl. I've never tried it, but from reviews on the boards a lot of people say it's irritating.

I actually don't find Panoxyl that irritating. I find Panoxyl Aquagel more drying that Panoxyl Acnegel, which is odd because Aquagel is more expensive and has no alcohol in (uses purified water instead). The ingredients for the Acnegel seem almost identical to Dan's gel. But because I hear people raving about Dan's gel I wanted to give it a try but I really do need a 5% gel. 2.5% just doesn't work for me. It's not that it's irritating or anything, it just doesn't work! Seems Dan's not going to make a 5% so I'll never get to try it :( oh well.

I did buy some Brevoxyl and it goes on nicely and even though it's a cream it doesn't leave an oil slick. But a few hours after applying my skin is getting too oily again, even with the oil control moisturiser. Oh and DDF Benzoyl Peroxide looks really interesting, I'll definitely give it a try. Probably though I'll end up going back to my old (and very cheap) friend Panoxyl Acnegel 5.

If you use double the amount of 2.5% that would be EXACTLY the same as using 5%...it's not a different molecule or anything, there's just more of the same molecule in the 5% solution.

For God's sake he already said he's not going back to 2.5, he just wants Dan to create a 5%.

Do you understand how expensive and elaborate that process would be? Dan's built his acne-fighting empire around the concept of lots and lots of 2.5% BP, why would he go and make a 5% BP? Nobody here would buy it due to 2.5% working so much better, and there are already a ton of 5%s out on the market for the average acne sufferer.

If you use double the amount of 2.5% that would be EXACTLY the same as using 5%...it's not a different molecule or anything, there's just more of the same molecule in the 5% solution.

Not really. If that were the case, you could simply halve the required amount of BP but use a 5% solution, and most of us know that this isn't the case. Using a large amount of low percentage BP allows a different method of BP absorbtion and distribution to cells.

Do you understand how expensive and elaborate that process would be? Dan's built his acne-fighting empire around the concept of lots and lots of 2.5% BP, why would he go and make a 5% BP? Nobody here would buy it due to 2.5% working so much better, and there are already a ton of 5%s out on the market for the average acne sufferer.

I know how expensive it is, im an economics and marketing major. The original poster, Le Chiffre, said that 2.5% would never work for him and that he just wanted to suggest an alternative, aka 5%. Dami4n just kept saying to hit up clearskinregimen.com when Le Chiffre clearly doesnt want it.

then i suggest buying a 5% bp from somewhere but dan isnt gonna make one, sorry bud.

and if your using a 5% bp your not on the regimen so your results wont match much of this website and i dont think i can be of asmuch assistance im affraid.

i simply advise 2.5% from dans site as i used to use a 4% BP, and yea it worked. but not aswel as the 2.5% bp.

i cant see how a 5% can apparently work but a 2.5% doesnt

they do the same thing. its proven. 99% of people who went from 5% down to 2.5% said it worked aswel with less dryness etc.

this may possibly be down to Le Chiffre stil breaking because he hasnt been on the regimen long

and is contributing this to the fact that 2.5% "doesnt work"

unles you have been on a solid regimen, day in day out, for 1-2months i would say you dont really know whats breaking you out. and therefore dont know what works and what doesnt

Well, I'm 29 and have had acne for about 15 years so I know what works and what doesn't and 2.5% doesn't. Obviously it works for many, but sadly not for me. Anyway, Dan obviously is never going to produce a 5% gel and I'm obviously never going to switch to his 2.5% so that's the end of that!

Thanks to the poster who suggested Brevoxyl. I've been using it for a few days and it seems an improvement on Panoxyl. Spreads on nicely and used with Simple Oil Control Moisturiser is a nice balance between controlling oil and not drying out the skin too much.

While I was waiting for Dan's BP to arrive, I was using 5 % BP form natures cure. I must admit, it absorbed into the skin really well and was clear, not white. :cool: