Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
*Rebecca*

Interesting Technique

Blackheads

To remove a large unsightly blackhead, here is the technique you need.

First remove the inner ink tube of a pen. Then press the transparent end over the top of the spot or blackhead and twist from left to right. Hey Presto the blackhead pops out. Now place a bag of frozen peas (or anything else cold) over the hole that has been left to make it close up.

This blackhead removal technique works wonders and should leave you blackhead free!

Anyone ever tried this before .. I wonder if ti wroks? But i think before doing this u should warm up your face like using a facial sauna or hot water .. steam opens the pores so it would probboly benefical to do this so you can extract them.

Excellent website on learnign about Blackheads, prevention and products to use. ---

http://www.cosmeticscop.com/learn/article....EFER=SKIN&ID=71

It'd have to be a pretty big blackhead because the tube is quite large for most average sized biros - but interesting, I'd like to see someone who has tried it... :o

i have a lot that are far too small (and in bulk-making it unsightly) to do that.. but any ones that are big enough i just use a tweezers very carefully to squeeze and pull them out then then gently clean the area and use cold water...

has anyone used the stainless steele rod with a loop at the end for black heads?

i havent been able to find a proper one to be honest, are you talking about one where the rod just curves at the end and you carefully place the more blunted end of it down to kind of pick the blackhead out basically..coz someone was tellng me once about that kind of one before..

the one i had before was from a cheap pharmacy -the only one i could find..it was a rod with a circle on the end tha you placed over the blackhead to push it out through the middle-it was rubbish you just pushed it down and found it was usually too big for the blackhead and just didnt work really..

i asked my derm 2 years ago to get me one or give me one or point me in the direction of one..and he said oh you'lpick one up in any pharmacy.. i went back 2 months later and told him i had been al of the city and find only one which was useless...he said, keep looking

lol sounds like a helpful derm .. the only ones i see have two loops at each end .. i juss was curious if they ever worked.

has anyone used the stainless steele rod with a loop at the end for black heads?

I have tried it many times (got it from Body shop in the UK) and it has never worked for me. Some of my blackheads are getting bigger and bigger and nothing seems to budge them.

I have had a hot shower to open my pores and then used the steel rod but it just damages the surrounding skin and leaves it very red.

I also bought one of those suction plungers but it has not managed to pull one blackhead out and the suction is quite strong.

I don't know how you manage to pull blackheads out with tweezers, mine are below the surface so have nothing to grip onto.

I have just started using Mandelic acid in the evenings on my nose, head and face.

There is a thin piece of black skin inside the pores, yesterday I used a needle to gently bring it to the surface on one big pore and then used tweezers to pull that skin out and put mandelic acid on.

It burnt my skin so I now have a red mark bigger than a cigarette end and am housebound till it :ninja: heals :ninja:

i had that suction thjing too it didnt do a damn thing .. but they say not to squeeze but IMO thats soemtimes ur only option .. it can leave a redmark but ususally fades in afew days and putting VIT E cream helps alot or aloe vera gel ... try using pore strips they work really well. unfortunately if u dont liek ice the area afterwards the pores will remain open and fill back up with gunk in a few days.

i guess its better to use a comodone extractor instead... picking with those pen tips would be a last option... i've tried that and if you don't pick it properly it would be inflamed instead