Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dg0101

starting tommorow, nervous

I'm about to start my regimen tommorow. A little background, I had medium level acne for all of highschool/college until I took accutane at the beginning of my senior year, and it cleared everything up. A year and a half later, I'm back to where I started. My skin is incredibly sensitive. It's also prone to blackheads on my nose, whiteheads on my cheeks and chin, bumps on my forehead and overall oiliness. Right now, I am taking zinc, vitamin b complex, vitamin c, vitamin e, vitamin A, and washing with aveeno foaming cleanser. I'm going to start with cetaphil and the neutrogena on the spot, and I'm going to look for that eucerin cleanser. Would it be ok to start drinking lemon water when starting the regimem (people seem to say that works) What about jojoba oil, and how do you use that? Anyone got any tips?

You may not want to read this but i'm going to type it anyway. Adults who take accutane for a second course have a 95% chance of sending the acne into permanent remission.

Your best bet would be to follow the regimen precisely for at least a few weeks. When your skin has adapted a bit and you feel more comfortable that you know what you're doing, then consider revising it to suit your needs.

How inflammatory is your acne? What you're describing to me sounds like lots of blackheads and whiteheads, but not so much inflammatory. The regimen might help you but BP is better at preventing angry red pimples from forming than preventing blackheads and the like. People who had blackheads/whiteheads that were helped by the regimen should weigh in here, but I'm just concerned that loading up on BP might not be the thing to clear up your skin. Perhaps a visit to the derm to get a topical retinoid is in order?

You can't go wrong with lemon water, I guess, but don't have high expectations for it. Some people swear by jojoba oil and some people have problems with it, so I would hold off on that until you decide if you really need it as a skin moisturizing supplement.

theres so much stuff to try, i dont know whre to begin first. I just realized i have a wedding in two weeks so I dotn want to try the regimen right away because I dont want to be red for it and from what I gatehred theres a decent chanceof that. So i'm goign to try some of the alternative medicines for a little.

I must be one of the rare ones. I've had several courses of the 'tane, and it's never been permanent. The CSR is working for me, though. I'd just read up on the CSR here and dive right on in.

Cam >B)

You may not want to read this but i'm going to type it anyway. Adults who take accutane for a second course have a 95% chance of sending the acne into permanent remission.

theres so much stuff to try, i dont know whre to begin first. I just realized i have a wedding in two weeks so I dotn want to try the regimen right away because I dont want to be red for it and from what I gatehred theres a decent chanceof that. So i'm goign to try some of the alternative medicines for a little.

Good Luck, hope you find something that works for you! But you are likely to get some symptoms at the begining of most acne treatments :)

You can read the entire board, but basically, all you need is:

Cleanser - Cetaphil or Purpose bar

BP - Neutrogena On-The-Spot or Dan's BP (Dan's BP is a lot cheaper)

Moisturizer - Cetaphil or Eucerin

I'm almost halfway into my 7th week and im finally starting to see overall clarity. I only have 2 active pimples. One on each cheek, I used to have inflammatory acne (pimples on both cheeks, blackheads/whiteheads on forehead and papules on neck). Now theres no active papules on my neck and very to no inflammation. The BP hasn't helped with white/blackheads at all. You might want to try Salicyllic Acid for that instead.

jus a pitty it isnt a TOTAL cure its simply a preventative measure to help you keep acne "at bay" until you grow out of it

I'm more than happy with it tho. I do not mind at all spending an extra 20 minutes in the morning and evening to be clear. It has become such a routine for me now that its like brushing my teeth. If I had to, I could possibly do it for the rest of my life. My only concern is the shininess caused by the moisturizer.

Describe your acne more. Sounds like comedonal acne if all you get is blackheads and clogged pores. Do you get a lot of inflammatory acne?

If you just get mostly clogged pores and blackheads then the regimen isn't a great idea because it isn't desgined for that kind of acne but rather inflammatory acne.

Retinoids, mandelic, AHA's may be better for you but I'm not sure unless you describe your skin in greater detail.

I have small bumps on my forehead that are really tiny and sometimes evolve into small whiteheads. On my noise it is blackheads and occasionally small whiteheads. My cheeks and chin just have a lot of red splotches that results from whiteheads being popped.

The ones on your forehead sound more like clogged pores to me. You might find the regimen helps these but if it dosen't then you could consider some of the other options dg0101 mentioned above :)

jus a pitty it isnt a TOTAL cure its simply a preventative measure to help you keep acne "at bay" until you grow out of it

how old r u dami4n?