Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Just interested to know what all the other people on acne.org does to combat dry facial skin.

as to be honest, you can only put so much moisturiser on your face, and the Eucerin stuff isn't cheap.

your solutions welcome please.?

;)

the only things that work for me are that eucerin that youre using and neutrogena healthy skin w/ aha, i use that one just at night cause otherwise my skin peels.

Yeah the eucerin works great, but there is only so much moisturiser you can use.

my dry skin is really bad sometimes, which is usually when i've just finished a shower.

My skin is always really dry when I'm done with a shower, too, tommy_boi. Taking shorter, cooler showers helps with this a bit. Maybe it will make a little difference in your dry skin?

The showers i take are quite short, about 5mins, and i dont use hot water aswell.

i've tryed using jojoba oil which never helped really, and i also always use cold water when i wash my face as i have no choice as my taps only give out hot or cold and no in between.

the one thing i haven't tryed is EMU OIL.

where do i buy that from and is it like jojoba oil.?

Check out this link:

http://www.makeupartistschoice.com/hyaluronicserum.htm

Wear a good SPF 15 or higher sunscreen that contains avobenzone, zinc oxide, titanium dioxide, or mexoryl sx (outside US), as these are the ingredients that provide adequate UVA protection. Sun damage can contribute to dry skin.

Also, what products are you using to cleanse and treat besides the Eucerin? They might be part of the problem.

A gentle cleanser is key (I like Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser), I also find that a toner with glycolic acid in it (in addition to a moisturizer) gets rid of flakey skin really well. I do the CSR, and I ran out of my proactive toner for a week and my skin dried up and flaked soooo badly.

I think i know what is making me get dry skin, its the wash bar i use, but its the only wash bar that keeps my acne too a minimum, if i start to use anything else my acne comes back alot worse, so i have to use this wash bar to keep the acne at bay, but suffer with dry skin at the sametime.

I'm using eucerin right now which is suppose to be the best stuff.

so i dont think that neutrogena stuff will do much good really.

Same as the eucerin stuff, but its after i wash i get dry skin, then i have to apply the eucerin to get rid of it, i wanna be in a position where i can wash my face and have very little dry skin to none at all without having to apply half a bottle of eucerin to my face.