Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ncb

Facial bruising.

Hey, I'm new to the forums but I'd better just cut to the chase. I've done a bit of damage to my skin by trying to extract a large bump too early last night (yeah... pretty stupid). I relieved the swelling with aloe and teabags, but a large, slightly raised and discolored bruise was there when I woke up. I just put some neosporin on it and a bandaid. I think that this will help it, but I am really worried that either the bruise or the redness will last for a long time or some sort of permanent mark will be left. I'm thinking of putting some pure vitamin E oil on it. I'm just wondering, has this happened to anyone and how well did it heal? How long will facial bruising last? Is there anything else I should do for it? I could really use some reassurance, I'm really worried. Thank you.

Really, has this happened to anyone else? Surely someone else has experienced the horror of the acne hickey (actually, that's exactly what it looks like... a freakin hickey. Except I didn't enjoy getting it. :lol: )

I'm just wondering whether it will take days or weeks to heal and whether it will leave a mark, and whether I should try the vitamin E on it or get some vitamin K, which is supposed to be good for bruises.

I actually did that once too, what I did is just leave it, and apply moisturizing mask on whole face the next day(can't do it when the wound is still fresh.) for a few days,( just once a day at night, paper mask kind.)

and it just gone without leaving a mark. Try not to worried too much. :cool:

P.S. Vitamin E will help, I think.

Thanks! I'll keep up with the moisturizing then, aloe and vitamin E, and see how that works out.

HI! :) exact same problem. i messed with a couple of zits last night and they bled so badlyyyyy... and its like i have a cut on my face with raw skin. :( :( :( i dunno what to do.

aizzuh... you don't have bruising, you have broken skin- just put some ice on it for a few minutes and then apply only neosporin 3-4 times a day for the next few days (also don't wash the area with any cleanser/soap, just water) and the cuts should heal well, it's happened to me and I got no marks from the cuts.

I don't know where to get NEosporin; I live in Asia.

I have aloe vera gel. would that be fine?? And how long before the wound heals?? it's so hard to cover up with make-up