Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zone

Is It Back???

Hi everyone. I've got a problem. I have a story. It started quite long ago. About 3 years. In the begining the situation on my face was becoming worse and worse, until September last year, when it became just awful. Before i was trying to treat acne with all possible methods, but everything was useless. So it became such bad, that i decided to go to doctor and he prescribed me antibiotics - oxytetracycline 250mg. So I started to take it (5 months already) and the situation on my face improved rapidly. I felt again how good it can be without acne, but recently, about a month or so, the situation started to get worse again, and it's increasing each day. I guess the bacteria got a resistence to antibiotic now, so it's not very helpful anymore. I don't want to take a stronger antibiotic, because I don't want to destroy myself, but I also affraid to stop taking this, because I'm affraid it will explode so hard, that it will become incontrolable. I don't to go back to that times! What can help me? I want to stop antibiotics.

is accutane an antibiotic? If not you should try it, it worked wonders for me. Your doctor should have tons of different prescriptions though.

Hi everyone. I've got a problem. I have a story. It started quite long ago. About 3 years. In the begining the situation on my face was becoming worse and worse, until September last year, when it became just awful. Before i was trying to treat acne with all possible methods, but everything was useless. So it became such bad, that i decided to go to doctor and he prescribed me antibiotics - oxytetracycline 250mg. So I started to take it and the situation on my face improved rapidly. I felt again how good it can be without acne, but recently, about a month or so, the situation started to get worse again, and it'sincreasing each day. I guess the bacteria got a resistence to antibiotic now, so it's not very helpful anymore. I don't want to take a stronger antibiotic, because I don't want to destroy myself, but I also affraid to stop taking this, because I'm affraid it will explode so hard, that it will become incontrolable. I don't to go back to that times! What can help me?

I am in the same situation myself. I've been on antibiotics for 8 years now, and am trying to get off. I've been on a no sugar, wheat and dairy diet now for about 6 weeks, thinking that changing my diet would help. I'm afraid it's not helping my acne either. Whenever I try to go down on my med, I start breaking out again. Accutane is not an option for me. I wish I had an answer for you. I've been reading about the vitamin b5 thread on here, and am considering trying that. I have read on some web sites though that the amound they're talking about(I believe it's 10 grams) can be harmful. I want to try it at a smaller amount and see if it helps. I wish you the best of luck. I know what you're going through.

Guest tvirus_outbreak

Accutane isn't an antibiotic. I believe that it stops the production of sebum altogether. No oil, no clogged pores, no pimples.

You need to go back to your doctor for something else. I was on the same thing and it stopped working. If you stop taking it you will break out again, so keep taking it and get back to your doctors!!

yea this same thing that happenend to me. i became resistant to doxycycline after about 5 months of beautiful clear skin, i was crushed and now im on accutane.