Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
latspread

will a steam room rid me of my acne?

since yesterday i realized that my gym has a steam room on facility.. i was wondering if i went in it for like 10-20 mins in the morning and the same at nite, while washing my face and body directly after coming out.. if it will help clear up my face.. so far (2nd day doin it) my face has gotten a little better in some places but a lot worse in others.. i heard that with steam rooms the acne gets worse and then it gets a lot better shortly after.. somebody help!

also.. if its a good idea, what kinda wash do you recommend me using after this kind of treatment?

I've tried steam but never a steam room. It might work

but I don't think twice a day would be good maybe twice

a week. just my two cents.

I've tried steam but never a steam room. It might work

but I don't think twice a day would be good maybe twice

a week. just my two cents.

but doesnt it make sense to open up your pores and sweat out the dirt and then clean it.. as often as possible?

my gym has a sauna which is just all hot and makes you sweat on your own. I want to know if anyone else used a sauna or steam room with any benefit?

my gym has a sauna which is just all hot and makes you sweat on your own. I want to know if anyone else used a sauna or steam room with any benefit?

i have the same exact ?

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

I actually find that the heat irritates my skin. Irritation=acne.

Why not try sweating due to aerobic workout, not sitting on your ass. :razz:

Pores don't open anyway, they simply release thier contents easier when the skin is softened.

It would probably just open up your pores a lot. You could get some blackheads out. But I don't know about it just clearing it for you. It will just help your acne wash get into your skin deeper.

I tried going to a a sauna and a steam room for a year. Yes skin did feel smoother but did the acne go away for me. No it didnt, so stopped going.

I actually find that the heat irritates my skin. Irritation=acne.

Why not try sweating due to aerobic workout, not sitting on your ass. :razz:

Pores don't open anyway, they simply release thier contents easier when the skin is softened.

Steam/heat irritates my skin also. I do find that any clogged pores are easily removed from steaming, but the irritation I get's not worth it. And I agree, irritation leads to more skin problems like acne. One of the worst effects I've gotten from steam (even that caused by hot showers) is a large number of surfaced capillaries, especially around my nose.