Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dan213

Acne is gone but red marks are left.

Hey. I've been reading the boards for a while and just decided to join.

My acne is now 99% gone (thank god) but these annoying red marks are still here.

I think I just might be red. My hands always seem to be red and kinda cold. Does this have anything to do with the red marks on my face.

The red on my face isn't all that bad. It's mostly between my mouth and my nose and goes along the mustache area.

I've tried tons of stuff but nothing seems to help the red marks go away. They're good in the morning when I wash my face but as the day goes on it gets worse and worse.

Anyone have any ideas as to how I can get rid of these annoying red marks on my face?

My red marks used to get redder near midday also. I put a stop to this by switching to a super gentle soap free, fragrance free cleanser with no acne meds in it, and by drinking lots of water during the day. I suggest taking a break from acne meds for a week or two, then starting the aspirin mask three times a week. It's the only acne treatment/ red mark fader I've been using, and it's worked great for me.

The cold hands are probably just bad circulation. Maybe take some vitamins and get some exercize. Hope this helps.

I workout at least 2 hours a day so I don't think that's it.

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to give the aspirin mask a try. I shouldn't wash my face with acne mediaction when I use them?