Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kimberlydoll

leaving makeup on overnight

I know you're not suppose to leave makeup on overnight. But I'm spending the night at my friend's house and Im insecure about my pimples and redmarks (although im slowly clearing up) I am thinking about only using Neutrogena Skin Clearing Concealer, because thats what I usually do, and it also has a small amount of SA in it. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Well, In my experience it is never good to sleep with makeup on for us acne prone sufferers. But you already know that. I think it would be fine as long as you are only talking about spot treating with a concealer and not a full fledged makeup look. I wouldn't leave blush on or anything like that overnight. The reason I am saying to do it like this, is that I two have been in your position and have done this exact same thing.

I really reccomend if it isn't too much hassle and if it's possible that you wash your face towards the late evening to remove any oil and accumulated debris that might be on your skin's surface from the course of the day and then just reapply your concealer and anything else you need to feel comfortable, just keep it minimal.

Have fun! and try not to think about your skin too much.. :)

Man, I know how you feel! I slept over at a friend's about two months ago, and while I didn't have many zits, I had redmarks..and after I wash my face it is usually a bit red (I have sensitive/fair skin) and I felt ugly as Hell, lol.

I don't think you should sleep with any make-up; if you must, use the concealor you mentioned. Maybe you can wash your face before the both of you go to bed..that way, she probably won't even see you (if you will be in the same room, it will be dark and all).

Good luck!

The Neutrogena is a good concealer, but the pH of the salicylic acid is too high (over 4) to have any effect on the pores. Plus, it barely has any salicylic acid in it to begin with.

It would probably be OK to sleep with your makeup on overnight. My advise is to wash your face as usual before going to bed, spot apply your concealer, and set it with a bit of talc-based powder.

Guest blackheadben

When my mom was in college, she would apply a full makeup at night onccasion and sleep with her arms on her stomach to save time in the morning. oh, wait, my mom has perfect skin and has never had to apply foundation all over! just a little unde the eyes!!

When my mom was in college, she would apply a full makeup at night onccasion and sleep with her arms on her stomach to save time in the morning. oh, wait, my mom has perfect skin and has never had to apply foundation all over! just a little unde the eyes!!

And the point of mentioning that was.. ?!

And the point of mentioning that was.. ?!

haha, I thought it was cute. I used to wear my clothes to bed to save time in the morning (when I was a child). and I am a bit jealous of your ("blackhead's") mom, but that's another story.

I think you'd be ok for a night dabbing concealer on your spots. of course it's not the best thing for skin, but it's much better than going to sleep with a full face of foundation.

I get the same way, but I wait till my friends kinda sleeping then go into the bathroom and wash off my make up and then run into the bathroom when I wake up because I usually wake up before everyone. Thats how I started with acne I slept with make up on for about 2 weeks and just washed it off in the morning and then all of a sudden my face was full of acne. It might not be that bad to sleep with on once but I will never recommend that to anyone if I were you I would try to find a way out of sleeping with it on.

Honestly, Kimberlydoll, I'd just wash my face as normal and not stress about it. I wouldn't sleep with the makeup on at all. I did that a few times at my friend's house in high school and she knew about it and said something to me, asked me why I did that. (SHE had perfect skin, go figure! :rolleyes: I was pretty embarrassed and it just drew more attention to my skin and my insecurity about it for trying to cover it up in front of her. Be strong and just say who cares about it! I know you're self-conscious, but just act like it's normal. Because, really, it IS pretty normal to have breakouts. You can trust your girlfriends not to act weird about it. And if they do tease you too much, then they are not the right friends.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes. ;)

You can use Bareminerals. It's very natural that even if you sleep with it on, it won't make you break out. There's also a product called

RAreMinerals. it's also by the company Bareminerals. it's actually a makeup for nighttime! you can read more about it www.rareminerals.com. I use it to dab on my red marks and it's actually good for your skin! Good luck!

You can use Bareminerals. It's very natural that even if you sleep with it on, it won't make you break out. There's also a product called

RAreMinerals. it's also by the company Bareminerals. it's actually a makeup for nighttime! you can read more about it www.rareminerals.com. I use it to dab on my red marks and it's actually good for your skin! Good luck!

Good look on the rareminerals suggestion! I just recently started using bareminerals and love it. Sometimes I'll sleep w/ makeup on if my BF stays over (usually once a week) and I can almost guarantee 1 new zit the next day. I will have to check out the rareminerals!!

I wouldn't wear it if I could avoid it. If you absoloutely must, I suppose an oil free concealer overnight just once wouldn't kill you. Your friends will notice if you wear makeup to bed and might be weirded out. If your friends are tomboys, like mine, if you just leave it on, they won't think you had any on. If you have girly girl friends who have a night cleansing routine that they always stick too, they might be confused when you don't have one. Hopefully it all works out, and the best of luck with your acne.

Good luck to everyone else, as well.

P.S. I'm going to start the bareminerals, seeing as what everyone has been saying.