Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm 17 today, skin pretty much as worst as it's been this year, and I'm gonna tell you about my acne life.

The first year of my acne was Year 8, how did I know I had spots? Well a girl that fancied me no longer fancied me, and called me Spotty, Zitty for the rest of our talks.

I was really heartbroken, and then my acne got to a point were my Mum and Dad were even not wanting to look at me because it was so bad. But they did try to help.

I then started to workout, because I thought to myself If I'm gonna have bad skin then I'm going to have a good body. Well, I have a very good body now but my face complexion is probably more unatractive (I'm now oily, dry, red, redmarks, scars, spots and clogged pores) other than just spots.

About a year and a bit ago, I almost killed myself by hanging because of acne, the belt actually snapped on me half way through. If it never of snapped I couldnt of done anything about it anyway, am I pleased? I'm not so sure.

I havent had a girlfriend since December 2004, the Days were I was an image, clear skin, great body and got all the women. The day is now June 09th, 2006, my birthday, and I'm about to start driving lessons.

I've had embarrasing moments, missed on events because I couldn't bear people looking at my face, and I've had missed sex oppotunities. I'm starting to get the feelings of myself back last year, I want the easy way out.

Will my acne ever go I ask myself, I go back to college in 3 months and my aim is to be clear by then. A fresh start shall we say, and if I'm not clear by then, who knows what could happen. I've had acne for 4 years now, and the worst years to have it aswell because it's meant to be about fun, but I'm not having any fun.

I really envy people who can do anything they want, not even wash and have amazingly clear skin and take it for granted. I would easily trade my good body for clear skin any day.

Shane.

Please post your stories or reply to me, thanks.

I understand completely what you're going through. I've had acne for about 10 years, and all of the things you mentioned.. missed sex opportunies.. parents not looking at you in the face.. it's brutal.

Thankfully, that belt snapped. One day, when you are clear, you'll look back at that experience and be glad that it did. You'll be living the life!

I'm extremely frustrated though. I'm covered in marks from previous acne and I'm breaking out like crazy. I'm trying to work toward this " I dont care, I'm living life now " mindset, but it's so difficult...

Accutane is calling me..

I envy people who live the life, getting girls, seizing opportunies covered in bad acne. I wish I knew how to be one of them.. Ahh, I digress.

Keep working toward your goal, man. Never give up!

I understand completely what you're going through. I've had acne for about 10 years, and all of the things you mentioned.. missed sex opportunies.. parents not looking at you in the face.. it's brutal.

Thankfully, that belt snapped. One day, when you are clear, you'll look back at that experience and be glad that it did. You'll be living the life!

I'm extremely frustrated though. I'm covered in marks from previous acne and I'm breaking out like crazy. I'm trying to work toward this " I dont care, I'm living life now " mindset, but it's so difficult...

Accutane is calling me..

I envy people who live the life, getting girls, seizing opportunies covered in bad acne. I wish I knew how to be one of them.. Ahh, I digress.

Keep working toward your goal, man. Never give up!

That belt cost me 6 quid! But I dunno, right now I wished it never of snapped because I havent got the willpower yet to try again. But only time will tell.

The words, "never give up", I heared them so many times now that it doesnt mean anything to me anymore ya know.

:comfort: Don't give up Stocko (lol, what a cliche after reading your post above), acne is a phase not a lifestyle! You will outgrow it at some point and there always accutane as an option. You're fit, healthy have a family and a roof over you head, things other people would kill for. In my opinion life a gift, so we should all appreciate it and live it to the full, ans isn't there so much more you want to find out about the world!?

Anyway, its rude to throw away gifts :P

:comfort: Don't give up Stocko (lol, what a cliche after reading your post above), acne is a phase not a lifestyle! You will outgrow it at some point and there always accutane as an option. You're fit, healthy have a family and a roof over you head, things other people would kill for. In my opinion life a gift, so we should all appreciate it and live it to the full, ans isn't there so much more you want to find out about the world!?

Anyway, its rude to throw away gifts :P

You weren't meant to see this post. This area is were I just "let myself go".

Don't worry, everyone needs to just let it out somewhere- and theres not many better places then a forum on the emotional effects of acne! ;)

another ffvii fan, we got a lot of them here.

dude, whats more realistic, placing targets that are hard to meet which will place more anxiety and pressure on yourself(like clearing yourself before the new shool year), or learning to live happier the way you are?

My face, though I am not ecstatic about, I have learned to live with it a lot better, which is more prgoress than I had hoped when I was at my worst.

good luck

another ffvii fan, we got a lot of them here.

dude, whats more realistic, placing targets that are hard to meet which will place more anxiety and pressure on yourself(like clearing yourself before the new shool year), or learning to live happier the way you are?

My face, though I am not ecstatic about, I have learned to live with it a lot better, which is more prgoress than I had hoped when I was at my worst.

good luck

you're absolutely right, i went through several years of setting myself those targets, it only causes more pain as those targets come and go without any change..

It's always a fine line to walk when replying to someone of your emotional fragility, but I wish you had a little more foresight. I am in my 10th year of having acne, and I always keep in mind a lesson I learned from a book called Rules for Aging: "Nobody is thinking about you . . . really. They are thinking about themselves, just like you."

I know how you feel, but you have to realize how young you are. I am in my mid-twenties and I can tell you all of those opportunities you're "missing out on" will still be there when you're my age. Keep trying to find a solution. You still have lots of great years ahead of you, good skin or not.

Damn thats hella rough man, im sorry for you. If it hurts so bad, talk to someone please. no one wants you gone. :) And besides, if u have no one to talk to, we're always here :angel:

By my girlfriend, hurt me so so much! She was the my last one then my confidence went out the window with my clear skin.

It wasn't just acne that made me want to commit suicide, it was also things in general, felt pissed off with myself all the time etc, but acne is the killer for me.

If my skin isnt clear before I go back to college, I'm going to wear a mask and cause damage, but I'll put it on video on youtubes or something to make someone do something strong about acne. More research needs putting into it. That way I'll get some fucking notice.

The youth is the engine of the world.