Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pff..

Restylane

apparently 6 months plus. dont get me wrong, i so pleased i got isolagen..but my skin looks grainy with bad texture and with diet and exersise my face looks gaunt. I think plumping it up with a filler esp in my upper cheeks would help how i view my face..not sure of course..but i think its worth a try. I have NO idea what to do about the bad texture and pigmentation problems yet. Fraxel???

I want to beat this, i really do!

anyone?

Hi Zombie, I am new to this forum, but I know some things about types of procedures, dermal fillers, etc. From research and talking to doctors, there are many types of dermal fillers. Sculptra would be used as an off label for treating acne scars. Sculptra is good at filling in valley type scars or hollows. It is not immediate and will take time to fill in areas. The typical cost depending on location is $700 - $1000 per vile. And depending on your reaction it may take 3-5 sessions so pretty expensive. It typically last depending on the patient 2years. Some people are combining subcision with fraxel with sculptra and getting very good results. Question for you though. I don't know anything about isologen, but don't you want to wait a period of time after isoloagen before you would start fillers as you could over correct and cause more problems?

Restylane is good and many doctors use it to fill valley type scars and wrinkles. It last about six months, however someone I know used it for atrophic scars and she has had very good results - over a year before she went in again for a touch up. Restylane is much cheaper.

Juvederm is good at treating very tiny type of scars. Not sure of the cost

Aquamid is very good but not FDA approved over here but probably in your area.

With dermal fillers there is a risk of lumps, over filling with inexperienced doctors, etc.

ty romulus!

really appreciate that.

I have considered the isolagen/over correcting aspect but read that fillers work on a slightly different dermal layer to the isolagen. I dont think i will have the fillers done in my scars..more as a cosmetic enhasment to my face. I was thinking if i were to plump up my cheeks by having something like restylane (seeing as it last only 6months its a good tester) it would hopefully help the way light falls on my cheeks and sort of stretch the skin a bit..?

I have decided I will go on the appointment this thursday to enquire, but will wait till i speak to my derm before i do anything.

Thanks for your input :)

Z0mbiE said:

ty romulus!

really appreciate that.

I have considered the isolagen/over correcting aspect but read that fillers work on a slightly different dermal layer to the isolagen. I dont think i will have the fillers done in my scars..more as a cosmetic enhasment to my face. I was thinking if i were to plump up my cheeks by having something like restylane (seeing as it last only 6months its a good tester) it would hopefully help the way light falls on my cheeks and sort of stretch the skin a bit..?

I have decided I will go on the appointment this thursday to enquire, but will wait till i speak to my derm before i do anything.

I have read on message boards that sculptra is much better than restylane at plumping large areas. 

I've had several restylane treatments and have been pleased. of course, my expectations are that it wont last more than 6 months. this last injection has lasted about 6-7 months (just now wearing off, got it done in early dec.)

i use it for acne scars.

I havent done it in icepicks, though my doctor suggested doing that. i think she is wrong so i said no.

jasmin said:
Z0mbiE said:

ty romulus!

really appreciate that.