Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Narcisses

FRAXEL -DR.SKIN CARE CLINIC - Cynthia Weinsten

Just had my 6th Fraxel - at 30 mj. 12 passess on cheeks. 9 passes on forehead.

Fellow Fraxellers in Melbourne - lets talk!!

Hey Narcisses,

Could you detail your treatment from the beginning? Also how much improvement do you feel you have achieved thus far?

I have completed my 3rd pass two weeks ago, currently still healing. Below are the settings used -

1st treatment - 20mj x 6passes x 125

2nd treatment - 25mj x 8 passes x 125 with spot treatment at 30 and 35

3rd treatment - 25 x6 x 125 + 30x6x125

Also, who treated you?

Blaster

Just had my 6th Fraxel - at 30 mj. 12 passess on cheeks. 9 passes on forehead.

Fellow Fraxellers in Melbourne - lets talk!!

Report:

Hi

Ive been following these threads for about a month and found them very informative. Ive been going to DrSkin and had my 2nd treatment today. Im a 35 yr old female with some shallow scarring on my cheeks and temples.

Anyway today I asked about what setting my first treatment was at and I was gobsmacked to find out that it was at 35 x 135 x 12 passes! They said that they are one of the clinics who believe in aggressive treatment. Thats high for the first time isnt it? Thankgod for those numbing injections because to tell you the truth I really had no idea what setting they used and assumed it was at 20 -25. That was 18 days ago.

Anyway todays treatment was done by a different doctor and he dropped it back to 25 x 8 passes and then did spot treatment at 35 (not sure how many passes). I'll get that information next time. We decided I probably didnt need 35 all over my face.

Im having mine quite close togther as Im restricted with time.

My doctor today said that it only goes up to 40 so I guess there is not much further to go once you hit 35.

Regarding healing time, I went to work the very next day with a lot of makeup on. I felt disgusting and made sure noone came close to me.I was pretty swollen but I really dont think anyone actually noticed. My worst day was day 3 when my skin was dry, scaly, hard and sandpaper like. That was the worst makeup day Ive ever had!

That night my skin peeled off in the shower. I remained swollen probably for 7 days and ended up with 3 blisters which were gone by day 7.

Another thing I noticed was that the blue dye was absolutely awful to remove that first time. I literally had my head in the bathroom basin for 2 hours using cetaphyl. I wanted to cry that night. I just kept thinking about how I would have to do this every single time I had the treatment.

I cant believe that today the nurse removed all of it in a couple of gentle swipes! I went home almost clean!

The first treatment didnt really make much of a difference from what I can tell. I'll be interested to see how this next one goes. Im going in again in exactly 2 weeks.

I enquired about what was the recommended space inbetween treatments and was told no less than 2 weeks and that your skin needs to be clear of scabs and healed. Pinkiness is ok.

Anyway that is my story for now,

J

Report:

Hi

Ive been following these threads for about a month and found them very informative. Ive been going to DrSkin and had my 2nd treatment today. Im a 35 yr old female with some shallow scarring on my cheeks and temples.

Anyway today I asked about what setting my first treatment was at and I was gobsmacked to find out that it was at 35 x 135 x 12 passes! They said that they are one of the clinics who believe in aggressive treatment. Thats high for the first time isnt it? Thankgod for those numbing injections because to tell you the truth I really had no idea what setting they used and assumed it was at 20 -25. That was 18 days ago.

Anyway todays treatment was done by a different doctor and he dropped it back to 25 x 8 passes and then did spot treatment at 35 (not sure how many passes). I'll get that information next time. We decided I probably didnt need 35 all over my face.

Im having mine quite close togther as Im restricted with time.

My doctor today said that it only goes up to 40 so I guess there is not much further to go once you hit 35.

Regarding healing time, I went to work the very next day with a lot of makeup on. I felt disgusting and made sure noone came close to me.I was pretty swollen but I really dont think anyone actually noticed. My worst day was day 3 when my skin was dry, scaly, hard and sandpaper like. That was the worst makeup day Ive ever had!

That night my skin peeled off in the shower. I remained swollen probably for 7 days and ended up with 3 blisters which were gone by day 7.

Another thing I noticed was that the blue dye was absolutely awful to remove that first time. I literally had my head in the bathroom basin for 2 hours using cetaphyl. I wanted to cry that night. I just kept thinking about how I would have to do this every single time I had the treatment.

I cant believe that today the nurse removed all of it in a couple of gentle swipes! I went home almost clean!

The first treatment didnt really make much of a difference from what I can tell. I'll be interested to see how this next one goes. Im going in again in exactly 2 weeks.

I enquired about what was the recommended space inbetween treatments and was told no less than 2 weeks and that your skin needs to be clear of scabs and healed. Pinkiness is ok.

Anyway that is my story for now,

J

This is a great idea. Thanks Narcisses.

I had my first fraxel done by Dr.Cynthia Weinstein done almost a month ago. I had 14 passes done with levels between 20 and 30!! Very agressive for the first time. I had numbing injections all over my face so didnt feel too much just occasionally when she got to near the side burns. Still peeling and slighltly pink. Shall post more after my second.

Love

M

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

I wonder if Cynthia has her surgical license back, she lost it after one of her liposuction patients passed as a result of a punctured lung. :think:

Hi I wonder,

Has anyone here completed 5 or more fraxel treatments with aggressive settings (i.e >20mJ per treatment). If so I would like to know what kind of improvement have you seen and what was the result of your treatment 3 or months after your last treatment?

Very curious as to the extent of improvement people have seen with aggressive treatment. Given how new this treatment is and how recently they started treating very aggressively (>25) it would be very interesting to hear from patients.

Blaster

I've had the following:

#1: 18

#2: 22

#3: 18

#4: 22

#5: 25 & 30

#6: 30

I dont know about improvement i'm very critical. But...yeah, with how cheap it is for us Aussies, i have to say, i'm kinda happy with the results.

I'm giving it a break for 2-3 months now, to let some collagen grow, and then i think i'll get back to the treatments.

Hi.

Its 11 days past my 2nd treatment, Im still slightly pink, swelling all gone. I actually feel my skin has improved texture and suddenly every mark/scar is just that little bit softer.

Im starting to think that these extremely high settings are working.

Also Blaster I just wanted to say thankyou for the articles you have put up on the Fraxel post. They are very interesting.

Hey everyone my name's Germaine and I'm booked in for Fraxel at Dr. Skin at the end of this month.

Although I still have a fair bit of active acne... Had my second photo dynamic therapy today and in two weeks time am having my third (at Lipsuction Australia - such a bad name!!). I've been told I could be clear by then... By the looks of my skin, I'm not too sure! I'm so eager to get Fraxel done, fingers crossed PDT & a very strict diet work their magic!

Anyway, great to be able to inteact with fellow Fraxellers in Melbourne! :)

All the best :cool:

WOW these sound like very aggresive levels and I feel the stronger the better.

I am one of the Pioneers in the US having had fraxel done 2 years ago.

My settings were very modest compared to Todays aggresive settings

Also the pain management left much to be desired. I was jumping out of my Chair with 12 Mjs and full density settings. If you tried the settings you guys are doing today you would faint dead away it would be like having I hot Iron run slowly over your face! LOL

Back then all we got was a dab of lidacane but today its much better which alows us to get these hire settings and better results. Good luck and keep us all posted!

Also the pain management left much to be desired. I was jumping out of my Chair with 12 Mjs and full density settings. If you tried the settings you guys are doing today you would faint dead away it would be like having I hot Iron run slowly over your face! LOL

Back then all we got was a dab of lidacane but today its much better which alows us to get these hire settings and better results. Good luck and keep us all posted!

Hello,

The reason we endure this pain is because the clinic we go to performs fraxel under local anesthesia. They basically jab about 8 times, or more, on each side of the face. I dont think any normal person would be able to get through it otherwise. The first time I felt nothing and my whole face was done at 35. Of couse it burnt for quite a while once it wore off. I think they over anesthetised me as my heart was pounding so fast and I couldnt stand up straight. But at least I felt zero pain.

The second time was great as I felt no pain and the local was just right. The third time I could feel it prickle and burn a little, probably could have done with a little more local.

The down time is much longer than what was initially suggested on the fraxel brochures, obviously they were basing it on very low settings.. This is not a lunchtime service where you can return to work within an hour.

Its a very full on treatment.

You are going to look like a chipmunk for a while.

Hi Jagger,

Could you described to me your settings and treatments? I am planning to go for level 30 or 35 in my next treatment which should be my last.

Basically I would like to know, no of passes x level x density (taken for granted it should be 125).

My last treatment was 30x7x125 + 25x7x125, so I am considering 30x14x125 for next treatment.

Thanks Jagger,

Blaster

Hello,

The reason we endure this pain is because the clinic we go to performs fraxel under local anesthesia. They basically jab about 8 times, or more, on each side of the face. I dont think any normal person would be able to get through it otherwise. The first time I felt nothing and my whole face was done at 35. Of couse it burnt for quite a while once it wore off. I think they over anesthetised me as my heart was pounding so fast and I couldnt stand up straight. But at least I felt zero pain.

The second time was great as I felt no pain and the local was just right. The third time I could feel it prickle and burn a little, probably could have done with a little more local.

The down time is much longer than what was initially suggested on the fraxel brochures, obviously they were basing it on very low settings.. This is not a lunchtime service where you can return to work within an hour.

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

how much does each fraxel treatment cost here in Australia?

I beleive it's in the realms of $800-$1000 per session. Probably cheaper in a package i'd suspect.

how much does each fraxel treatment cost here in Australia?

I beleive it's in the realms of $800-$1000 per session. Probably cheaper in a package i'd suspect.

:shock:

Hi Jagger,

Could you described to me your settings and treatments? I am planning to go for level 30 or 35 in my next treatment which should be my last.

Basically I would like to know, no of passes x level x density (taken for granted it should be 125).

My last treatment was 30x7x125 + 25x7x125, so I am considering 30x14x125 for next treatment.

Thanks Jagger,

Blaster

HI Blaster

Ive had 3 treatments as following

1)35×12 passes×125 (very high resulting in some blistering, im actually suprised they started me so high, but glad. At least Im not wasting time and money on low settings.)

2)25×8 double passes + 35×2 double passes×125

3)25×8 passes + 35×6 passes×125.

The last treatment was 13 days ago, still pinkish.

Have you not had any at 35 yet?

Jagger

Hello,

Thanks Jagger,

HI Blaster

1)35×12 passes×125 (very high resulting in some blistering, im actually suprised they started me so high, but glad. At least Im not wasting time and money on low settings.)

Jagger

Hi,

Holy crap, that's some strong treatment! What was your down-time like I wonder?

I have not had any treatment at 35 yet, I fear it might be too strong for me, or might lead to hyperpigmentation. I have had spot treatment at 35 though.

How much improvement have you seen so far?

After my 4th treatment I feel I have about 20-30% improvement overall in skin condition. I will go for two more treatments ending it at 6.

What do you mean by double passes?

Hoping to get 50% improvement by the end of this year. So far on track.

Blaster

Hi Jagger,

Thanks Jagger,

Blaster

HI Blaster

Jagger

Hello,

Well this thread was an EYE POPPER.. :shock: Holy BeeJebus - that's crazy. However, I'm totally willing to do crazy. :dance:

Now that it has been over a month since some of you had those over 25 treatments - please share what you see as results.

I get the feeling that Dr Skin Clinic in Melbourne is setting new standards in fraxel treatment. They seem to be the only place going up to 35 for standard acne scar treatment. Heck, Dr Benson told me he treated a guy for severe scarring at level 35 with 20 passes! That would feel like burning your face off!

I think those treated with level 35 would set a whole new standard of results compared to those in the 20-30 range.

I'm tempted to ask for 35 in my next treatment. That's pushing the limit of the fraxel in this case. I guess the trade-off is longer down-time. The advantage is that at 35 it would probably penetrate the dermis to a deeper level than the CO laser ever could.

Blaster

Well this thread was an EYE POPPER.. :shock: Holy BeeJebus - that's crazy. However, I'm totally willing to do crazy. :dance:

Now that it has been over a month since some of you had those over 25 treatments - please share what you see as results.

Hi All,

Ive just had a really good look at my skin under the brightest light and using a hand held mirror from every angle.

The last treatment (no 3) was 2 weeks ago and Im still pinkish. I probably need to give it more time to heal. The scars are still there. One seems to have filled up a little. Overall the skin looks better. Percentage wise, maybe 10%? I think its too early to say. The doctor said that results appear in months to come. I feel happier with the overall appearance of my skin however.

Hyperpigmenation- Im hoping I dont get any. Ive had it before with smoothbeam and it took a long time to get rid of.

Downtime - the first time at 35 was the worst. I guess starting at that level was never going to be pretty. I was bloated and red and scaly for 3 days. Looked awful actually, but got away with wearing makeup. 35 is intense and left me with blisters. By the way I didnt ask for such a high setting, and nearly had a heart attack myself when I found out the next time I went in!

Doublepasses- when I have this treatment I seem to tune out of whats actually being done to my face. Its my way of coping. So I dont count passes, however, I think 8 double passes may mean 16 and 2 double passes may mean 4.

J

Blaster, I wanted to know what your skin looks like in between sessions? Are you pink for weeks on end? Does your skin look like its had a treatment? Does it fade back to your normal colour eventually?

Since Ive started it hasnt had a chance to go back to normal, I have been permanently pink for the last couple of months.

J