Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ashen5

"Spotty" Complexion Question

Alright, I'm 3 1/2 weeks in the CSR using "Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser, Normal to Oily Skin" > "Dan's CSR Gel" > "Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer SPF 15"...I am getting very few new pimples but the 2 problems I am left with are:

1. Spotty/Uneven Complexion

2. Shiny Face! (which makes my red dotted complexion even more evident!)

Also my skin is still very dry after all this time. This leads me to believe that I am not effectively giving my skin the amount of moisture it needs. Maybe if I solved my dry skin problem that would in-turn help my complexion...but I'm not too sure. Am I too early into the regime to make these assumptions? Or should I get a cleanser that moisturizes or just a brand new moisturizer? Thanks for the help guys!

Its is still normal to be quite dry 3 1/2 weeks in- it took me over a month to get to a managable level of dryness, however, as long as your on the regimen some dryness is to be expected- just make sure you use lots of moisturiser!

As for the uneven complexion incorporating a moisturiser with AHA into your regimen should help with this (they gently exfoilate the skin) e.g. Eucerin skin renewal (which you may find hard to get hold of as it has been discontinued) or Neutrogena Healthy skin lotion.

And for the shiny face you could consider using blotting papers, I think clean and clear do some as do various make up brands :)

hey dont give up

you probably have a weird complexion due to not enough moisturisation. This doesnt mean your not applying enough, more of how well the moisturiser works with your skin.

i suggest Eucerin Dry Skin Relief 5% Urea moisturiser.

your wash seems fine

you say you skin is spotty, this is normal when your about 3 weeks into the regimen, as Benzoyl Peroxide works by bringing all the bacteria that forms acne to the surface of the skin, appearing to make acne worse, but this is a good thing

keep in there xx

Hey Janiet, is Neutrogena's Healthy Skin Lotion availible in the UK?

i heard it contains Glycolic acid? seems that would suit me fine, but i cant seem to find it lol

thanx xx

So_fitting- I don't believe it is but you should be able to import it frm drugstore.com if you really want to try it, and also I think some comes up on the UK ebay sometimes (and there will probably be some on the US ebay again if you were willing to import). But I would think there are some other moisturisers with glycolic acid in available in the UK, but I don't know of any myself, so maybe the best thing to do would be to go into Boots and have a look :)

Its is still normal to be quite dry 3 1/2 weeks in- it took me over a month to get to a managable level of dryness, however, as long as your on the regimen some dryness is to be expected- just make sure you use lots of moisturiser!

As for the uneven complexion incorporating a moisturiser with AHA into your regimen should help with this (they gently exfoilate the skin) e.g. Eucerin skin renewal (which you may find hard to get hold of as it has been discontinued) or Neutrogena Healthy skin lotion.

And for the shiny face you could consider using blotting papers, I think clean and clear do some as do various make up brands :)

AHA = Alpha-Hydroxy Acid correct? After reading your response I checked out "Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion" on drugstore.com and it says: "Evens out blotchy and uneven skin tones"! That's exactly what I want!!..So is it safe to switch out the cetaphil moisturizer for this one now? Or should I wait it out a bit longer? Thanks again!

Yep thats right!

And it should be fine to switch now as your 3 1/2 weeks into the regimen. However, when you first start using it you may notice you get a little red but this is just your skin getting used to the AHA and it should soon adjust! :)

ashen, its down to personal preferance really, plus intoducing a strong AHA like glycolic acid make irritae your skin and could cause more breakouts,

though every1's skin is different and your could respond effectively to the aha lotion

hope all goes well x

EDIT: damn Janiet always beats me to the posts LOL

janiet is a fiend for posting fast

i taught her the trick!

but she wont tel you as its trade secret :P

janiet is a fiend for posting fast

i taught her the trick!

but she wont tel you as its trade secret :P

Dami4n taught me everything I know! :D

hey! i was just wondering about the eucerin dry skin relief face cream 5% urea!! it doesnt say anything about being non-comodegenic (if dats how u spell it lol!?!)

is it still ok to use?

It does not say it on the bottle but me and most of the other members who use it here have never had any problems! :D

It does not say it on the bottle but me and most of the other members who use it here have never had any problems! :D

k thanx Janet, i just read a description of it on the boots website and it said it doesnt block pores aswell, so it's all goood! :dance:

yea its not officially non-comedogenic

but it works really wel and doesnt cause acne so its all good :D

I've kindof noticed that with UK products, they don't put ingredients list on their websites and don't put non-comedogenic on their lables as frequently as the US.

that because the uK is run by Tony Blaire

He is too pre-occupied looking after his ugly wife

ooooooooo am i bitter?

think so :P