Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Has anyone broken out from smoking out of a pipe, joint, bong, etc. and then tried a vaporizer (like the Volcano) and didn't? I know that smoking affects my skin, but I wonder if vaporizing wouldn't... :think:

I have done research in chemistry regarding medicinal cannabinoids. They are definitely not anti-inflammatory. When you smoke Marijuana, the chemical binds to CB receptors in your brain and lymph nodes and stomach so have little to do with acne. I don't think they can make your acne worse though, but they won't make it better! For some reason a lot of people who smoke pot that I've seen have clear skin though...............perhaps it encourages you to relax and this can help control breakouts some? The CB inverse agonists (the opposite effect of Marijuana) are anti-inflammatory, however.

u see kiddo's.....

everyones saying yes and no. thus, the effect of ur acne is usually due to what kind of weed it is ie. bush, regular indoor grown or HYDRO CHRONIC WEED NIGGA

my theory is that hydro dope is choc full of chemicals so its about 50%ppl smoke bush/regular indoor to tha other who smoke dr dre's chronicle weed

puff puff pass and don't make it so tha J burns down the side and u hav to dab it with a wet finger.. wats that called? peace

It's called fixing a run.

smoking weed while on accutane never caused me to break out and I smoked multiple times throughout the day...however, once off accutane I noticed it began to affect my skin

also, my main problem is red marks left behind from acne, which when smoking I noticed it definitely made them look alot more noticeable

stopped smoking weed, stil cigs and do not break out as I did with weed

Do they look for THC in your monthly blood tests? I might be going on Accutane soon, and I don't want to quit smoking.

I smoked while on accutane, they never asked me about it, so I don't think so.

Makes me breakout. Not only breakout, but painful.. big ones to note. I wouldn't do it, period. Its a vice you can live without.

are you guys serious? "it makes you hungry so you eat junk food and get acne." uhh not true dude. the best my skin ever was was back in the day when i used to eat fast food and junk food all the time. now i eat healthy 90% of the time and my skin still sucks ass. ive been a heavy pot smoker for a couple years, stopped it cause i had to for a month when i went to europe and i can tell you man, stopping it does not make things better. my skin got 5x worse then. it's like a million other things in the world that people do every day, there's no relation between it and acne. hardly anything that you ingest or that you do will affect acne, acne's just a fucked up weird unexplainable thing that happens cause our bodies arent built right. thats all there is to it man.

ditto.. on all of that. well said. :clap:

Smoking pot hasn't had any effect on my acne in the last 3 years I've been smoking straight....I've never heard anyone say that smoking ever caused them to break out or worsen their acne. I guess it just depends on the person.

Guest Sincerely_Me

Okay.

I'm going to give you my two cents though people who smoke weed and talk about it really need to be thrown back into high school :rolleyes: Sorryyy...in one of those moods.

I don't believe smoking pot causes acne. You don't hear of many cases of people getting acne or making it worse by smoking a joint.

But you know what? If you're sure nothing else is making it worse, then I'd eliminate it.

People who smoke weed and talk about it really need to be thrown back into high school

I smoke weed and talk about it, but unfortunately I'm 32 so if they sent me back to high school I doubt I'd pass for a student. But on the plus side, knowing what I know now, I'd just go to all my classes stoned and not worry about my grades, since I now realize on the flip side of college that I could've saved myself $60,000 by getting a library card and a passport.

I've smoked weed on and off for the last 14 years. It has never had any bearing on my acne. My worst acne was in junior high and high school years before I started smoking. Weed also doesn't necessarily cause you to eat junk food. It affects everybody differently, but I can actually go longer without eating if I'm stoned because I don't notice that I'm hungry. I usually lose a little bit of weight during the times I smoke regularly.

Okay.

I'm going to give you my two cents though people who smoke weed and talk about it really need to be thrown back into high school :rolleyes: Sorryyy...in one of those moods.

I don't believe smoking pot causes acne. You don't hear of many cases of people getting acne or making it worse by smoking a joint.

But you know what? If you're sure nothing else is making it worse, then I'd eliminate it.

Sincerely, your views are worth about two cents, not one penny more.

Okay.

Sincerely, your views are worth about two cents, not one penny more.

hahahahah

I smoked while on accutane, they never asked me about it, so I don't think so.

Thanks. I ended up not going on accutane anyways, so i dont have to worry about that.

I blaze out now and then. When i didnt blaze i still had bad acne. even when i do blaze its just the same as usual...

Use to smoke pot more often b 4 but it never made a differenace and even kno my acne condition is the same.

Going on accutane soon. Would smoking pot effect the results of accutane if anyone knows?

Thanks