Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've heard that smoking pot makes your acne worse, does anyone know the truth to this?

I have times when im on and off of pot, and notice that while i do it, my acne gets bad, but im not sure if weed is to blame.

just checkin.

someone please give me some good news.

thanks

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

My advice, regardless of its effect on acne, is to quit smoking marijuana.

I'm quite interested to know the actual effects of pot on acne too...i haven't done it in ages (not much of a fan) but i got stoned a couple of days back and my skin seems to be clearer than ever. Weird.

I'm quite interested to know the actual effects of pot on acne too...i haven't done it in ages (not much of a fan) but i got stoned a couple of days back and my skin seems to be clearer than ever. Weird.

I got stoned a few weeks ago, and it seemed to do the same for me, but it only lasted for 2 days then it got a bit worse again. I dunno.

You're lighting up a plant with fire and inhalling the smoke, it may not be as carcinogenic as cigerettes but it's definitely bad for your health and YES I absolutely think it wrosens acne.

In my school "nurse room" theres a poster with the effects of marihuana , it says that it gives u acne so im assuming if u already have it itll make it worse.

You're lighting up a plant with fire and inhalling the smoke, it may not be as carcinogenic as cigerettes but it's definitely bad for your health and YES I absolutely think it wrosens acne.

Actually there have been studies where smoking marijuana is not carcinogenic at ALL.

http://aolsvc.health.webmd.aol.com/content.../122/114805.htm

And no I do not think smoking pot worsens acne. That is just my opinion.

I used to blaze every day in high-school and that's when my acne was at it's absolute worst. I rarely, if ever, do it nowadays but I noticed that if I do get high, I notice a few more pimples that show up over the subsequent days.

Depends on the person I suppose.

nice.

im seeing soilwork on oct 30th

and im gunna hit up OZZFEST

if youve never heard of soilwork, check em out

i'm going to ozzfest in aug.

i've never been! can't wait!

:dance:

pot causes you to "not care" and to get hungry. Bad combination, because you eat a bunch of junk which, in turn, causes acne.

I guess it differs from person to person. I agree with Grow To Overthrow though, regardless of its effect on your acne, you should just quit for the better.

are you guys serious? "it makes you hungry so you eat junk food and get acne." uhh not true dude. the best my skin ever was was back in the day when i used to eat fast food and junk food all the time. now i eat healthy 90% of the time and my skin still sucks ass. ive been a heavy pot smoker for a couple years, stopped it cause i had to for a month when i went to europe and i can tell you man, stopping it does not make things better. my skin got 5x worse then. it's like a million other things in the world that people do every day, there's no relation between it and acne. hardly anything that you ingest or that you do will affect acne, acne's just a fucked up weird unexplainable thing that happens cause our bodies arent built right. thats all there is to it man.

pot causes you to "not care" and to get hungry. Bad combination, because you eat a bunch of junk which, in turn, causes acne.

Sorry to be blunt (excuse the pun too) but that's a huge dumbass generalisation if i've ever heard one.

I think that the actual smoke makes your skin worse. It's not the weed itself; if you bake it into food or make tea, it won't affect your skin. It's just that in general, smoke isn't good for your skin; when you exhale, if smoke gets on your face, I think that could possibly make it worse. Also, if you hotbox a room, you're filling your skin with smoke. That can't be too good. But, my theory is, if you blow the smoke out without letting it touch your face, you're fine.

sadsadsad (ur hot)

im going to NIN in a couple weeks, how was the show??? I've never seen them before..

going to ozzfest in july, for the 4th time.. this years gonna be unbelievable.

I think that the actual smoke makes your skin worse. It's not the weed itself; if you bake it into food or make tea, it won't affect your skin. It's just that in general, smoke isn't good for your skin; when you exhale, if smoke gets on your face, I think that could possibly make it worse. Also, if you hotbox a room, you're filling your skin with smoke. That can't be too good. But, my theory is, if you blow the smoke out without letting it touch your face, you're fine.

smoking weed while on accutane never caused me to break out and I smoked multiple times throughout the day...however, once off accutane I noticed it began to affect my skin

also, my main problem is red marks left behind from acne, which when smoking I noticed it definitely made them look alot more noticeable

stopped smoking weed, stil cigs and do not break out as I did with weed

smoking weed while on accutane never caused me to break out and I smoked multiple times throughout the day...however, once off accutane I noticed it began to affect my skin

also, my main problem is red marks left behind from acne, which when smoking I noticed it definitely made them look alot more noticeable

stopped smoking weed, stil cigs and do not break out as I did with weed

Do they look for THC in your monthly blood tests? I might be going on Accutane soon, and I don't want to quit smoking.

u see kiddo's.....

everyones saying yes and no. thus, the effect of ur acne is usually due to what kind of weed it is ie. bush, regular indoor grown or HYDRO CHRONIC WEED NIGGA

my theory is that hydro dope is choc full of chemicals so its about 50%ppl smoke bush/regular indoor to tha other who smoke dr dre's chronicle weed

puff puff pass and don't make it so tha J burns down the side and u hav to dab it with a wet finger.. wats that called? peace

I agree with aside, could very well b the type of bud ur smokin....chronic does have alot of chemicals in it. try experamenting...This wat i would STRONGLY suggest:::

1) try to smoke out of a vaporizer if possible. It is not only healthier but gets u more blown(high as [email protected]#k).

avoid blunts or j's wen possible as the smoke can get in ur face...and if ur smokin out of a pipe, let it b

a glass pipe and clean it often with alcohol and hot water to get the resin out of there -EVEN THOUGH

RESIN PUTS COLOR TO COLORED GLASS PIPES>WHICH MAKEs IT LOOK TIGHTER:'( ..sacifices must

be done dammit..lol.

2) don't fall asleep blown as it affects ur REM sleep.( at least it does for me). i noticed wen i fall asleep really high my face doesn't feel as refreshed in the morning..let the high go down before u sleep

3) keep hydrated at all times..wenever u get the sensation of dry mouth drink water

4) DO not think about ur acne wen ur high..f acne wen ur high.. ur thoughts of breaking out can alter ur moods thus can probably release chemicals dat correlate to stress,...feel mellow at all times don't let the thoughts consume u..take deep breathes in and out, it really relaxes u..

5) try getting medical marijuana.less chemicals

6) have a healthy prepared meal ahead of time so wen u get the munchies and don't end up piggin out on junk food

IF YOUR DOIN ALL OF THIS AND U STILL BREAK OUT ON BUD..I DON'T KNOW WAT TO TELL U THEN....