Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mysterious

hey new poster w/ question

Hey all! :D

New poster. I have mild acne and have had it for quite some time. :wall: I've tried normal cleansers and ProActive (which is a rip off btw :snooty: )and nothing really worked.

Sooo I finally got doxycycline an anitbiotic used by mouth. I was wondering if anyone had any positive experience with it? I've used it for two days and havent seen any improvement (lol but I know I need to wait longer) but no side effects or anything.

If you used it how long did it take to see improvements if any?

And did you have an initial break out after using it for a few days before it started to work?

I dont think you should since it just kills bacteria or w/e but if anyone could give me some experiences they had with it I would apperciate it. :dance:

i nevre used it however i know that it takes a while for an antibiotic to start working

initial breakout then followed by clearing (usually)

hang in there an ul improve

It can take anywhere from 3-6 weeks to start seeing results from an antibiotic. It needs time to get into your system and start killing the bacteria.

Hey all! :D

New poster. I have mild acne and have had it for quite some time. :wall: I've tried normal cleansers and ProActive (which is a rip off btw :snooty: )and nothing really worked.

Sooo I finally got doxycycline an anitbiotic used by mouth. I was wondering if anyone had any positive experience with it? I've used it for two days and havent seen any improvement (lol but I know I need to wait longer) but no side effects or anything.

If you used it how long did it take to see improvements if any?

And did you have an initial break out after using it for a few days before it started to work?

I dont think you should since it just kills bacteria or w/e but if anyone could give me some experiences they had with it I would apperciate it. :dance:

Doxycycline is a really awesome antibiotic in my opinion...i've been using it for 7 1/2 months and it has been wonderful for me. Give it at least 2-3 months to start seeing decent results, this is because the bacteria take a while to be purged from your system.

Can't really remember my initial breakout, but it wasn't any worse than my skin has been in the past so it was all good. And remember be patient!

Thanks guys! :)

Glad to help hun, i really hope all goes well for you & doxy. Keep us updated on how you're going.

:)

Thanks guys! :)

thank cat power :wub:

No, thank you :wub:

hehe

As with most antibiotics, you can't expect to see improvements during your first few days, just hang in there and let the antibiotics do its job! ;)