Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
little star

Questions for the CSR users

I bougth some of Dan's gel, but stopped because it seemed to give me a bunch of lttle bumps and made my skin redder and the texture worse. Should i try using it again? Did i just not give it enough time?

Does using the gel make your skin clear, but with redness and rough texture as a side effect?

And Will using the BP gel help whiteheads or is it only for pimples?

Its really your decision if you want to try it again, because what you described (the little bumps) may be an allergic reaction. My skin did get very red for a while, and also felt rough, but that was because it was dry. If you do try it again, start VERY slowly, and you may be able to tollerate it better.

Since I have been using the CSR, i have seen improvement in all my acne symptoms, including white heads, black heads, and even some smaller cysts that I am cursed with.

Good Luck!

the redness is a side effect taht fades after a few weeks

as for tiny bumps

they may be the rest of the crap that was in your skin and bp has been clearing them

otherwise they might have turned into larger pimples

stick with the CSR and see if you improve within 1-2 months (the standart time it usually takes)

stick with the CSR and see if you improve within 1-2 months (the standart time it usually takes)

are you supposed to get clear within 1-2 months or just improve? because im on my 7th week now and I have definitely improved, my right side is pretty clear (no pimples or maybe just 1 at the most) i have no pimples on my forehead, nose or chin, but my left cheek is pretty bad. at the rate that im going at, how much more time before my left cheek is clear?

im at the 5month + mark an i get the odd pimple now and again

ive definately improved but it depends what you mean by "clear"

redmarks n stuf wil be around for a while unles your 1of the lucky ones.

It will help for whiteheads aswell as pimples. And also some irritation is to be expected at the start of the regimen, the reaction you had just seems like the 'purging process' when all the junk comes to surface. Just reemember to only start off with a very small amount og BP and slowly work youre way up, using plenty of moisturiser, and you should be fine! :)

Benzoyl peroxide will not help with whiteheads because it is a disinfectant. With whiteheads (and blackheads), the problem is not bacteria; therefore, benzoyl peroxide will not help. I recommend Paula's Choice Beta Hydroxy Acid products, which use salicylic acid to unclog pores. Salicylic acid, unlike alpha hydroxy acids, is lipid soluble and can penetrate within the pore. Paula's products are very gentle and pH correct (saliclyic acid exfoliates within the pore only if it is in a solution having a pH of 4 or lower).

You can order them at:

http://www.cosmeticscop.com

Benzoyl peroxide will not help with whiteheads because it is a disinfectant. With whiteheads (and blackheads), the problem is not bacteria; therefore, benzoyl peroxide will not help. I recommend Paula's Choice Beta Hydroxy Acid products, which use salicylic acid to unclog pores. Salicylic acid, unlike alpha hydroxy acids, is lipid soluble and can penetrate within the pore. Paula's products are very gentle and pH correct (saliclyic acid exfoliates within the pore only if it is in a solution having a pH of 4 or lower).

You can order them at:

http://www.cosmeticscop.com

I found the regimen helped with my whiteheads! :shrug: