Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LucyInTheSky

---RETIN-A % ... is higher, better for treating scars?---

with a higher dose you will get more peeling... better if your purpose for using it is scar treatment. Steivamycin is almost like a chemical peel if you can afford to stay home for a week or so while your skin crusts over. But underneath will be new baby skin when it falls off. Thats what happened when i used it 10 years ago, anyways.

with a higher dose you will get more peeling... better if your purpose for using it is scar treatment. Steivamycin is almost like a chemical peel if you can afford to stay home for a week or so while your skin crusts over. But underneath will be new baby skin when it falls off. Thats what happened when i used it 10 years ago, anyways.

\

wow so you been using retin-a for 10 years at least? so what are the results and your findings on it? i'm trying to consider if i should use it morning also, cuz i've been using it at night time.

i use it morning and night.. sometimes during the day.. i also use 70% glycolic acid every weekend.. my face peels like lol.. but when it does the skin just wipes away or is hidden with lotion.

Guest tired of this shish

I've been using it close to ten years myself, but now I've had to switch to Taz. I was on RetinA (regular) .1% for 2 years post tane, then it was bumped down to RetinA (microgel) .04%. Now that the acne is back, I'm on Taz .1% once again. The low dose RetinA was leaving me more oily on top of my oil--my derm says that the cream is better than the gel.

I've been using it close to ten years myself, but now I've had to switch to Taz. I was on RetinA (regular) .1% for 2 years post tane, then it was bumped down to RetinA (microgel) .04%. Now that the acne is back, I'm on Taz .1% once again. The low dose RetinA was leaving me more oily on top of my oil--my derm says that the cream is better than the gel.

Hi guys! Interesting answers...

Sick of this shit... what is Steivamycin?

Have you noticed continued improvement on your scars over the years, due to your use of retinoids?

Guest tired of this shish

Sick of this shit... what is Steivamycin?

No clue...

Have you noticed continued improvement on your scars over the years, due to your use of retinoids?

In texture, yes. In depressed indents, no.

have not noticed anything, but I use taz .5% for acne control more than scar relief. i have pretty bad scarring tho.

Taz 0.5% exists? I thought that it stopped at 0.1%.

Anyone know what the main difference between retin-a and tazorac is? Is one more effective on acne/scars?

have not noticed anything, but I use taz .5% for acne control more than scar relief. i have pretty bad scarring tho.

Taz 0.5% exists? I thought that it stopped at 0.1%.

Anyone know what the main difference between retin-a and tazorac is? Is one more effective on acne/scars?

bbbbbb...bbump!