Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
VaVaVoom

What the heck is going on with my face??

Alright so I use to deal with some pretty bad acne but it's calmed down. I still get a zit every now and then but it's better than it use to be. Anyway! About these marks...what the frick? They look like brownish purplish however they don't look indented (some do a little bit, but not a lot) will they go away or is there anything I can do to make them go away?!?! Sorry, I know nothing about acne scars at all so I'm hoping someone on here will have advice :confused:

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

It's called Post-Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation. You can do several things. Retinols would be an obvious choice, they're very accessible, not too expensive and well documented as to thier results.

Will they ever fully go away? If they are mild indentions will they ever heal?

Indentations will never heal on there own. You will have to get something done with them. Sucks.

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

They can fill over time, but it really depends on how much trauma the skin cells have suffered. Retinols will reduce the scars considerably.

There are other modalities such as Fraxel Laser, but that's expensive. If you have money, i'd suggest that.

They can fill over time, but it really depends on how much trauma the skin cells have suffered. Retinols will reduce the scars considerably.

There are other modalities such as Fraxel Laser, but that's expensive. If you have money, i'd suggest that.

just making sure but...tretinoin counts as a retinol right?

I'm n00b when it comes to supplements, but can I get Retinols at my local drug store?

It IS a kind of supplement right? I just ask for Retinols?