Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I had been improving and had pretty clear (3 or 4 zits all the time) skin for a few months now. I was simply using:

Cetaphil Bar morning and night

CSR Gel after 5-10 minutes

Various / Mineral makeups during the day.

As you can see from my regimen, I can't even tolerate moisturizer. I bought and tried Eucerin DSR liek everyone else here and it makes me break out. I canuse it on half my face and break out on that side... without moisturizer I was doing OK. My skin has had plenty of time to adjust and it's not dry or flaky.

ANYWAY.

I went to a wedding on an island over Memorial Day weekend and I just HAD to wear sunscreen on my face. The sun is so strong there! My face is a horrible pizza mess with 44 (yes I counted) pimples (papules) and I'm so upset and weepy. It is all over my cheeks and chin. I hope it peaked last night when I was so upset.... just hoping it goes away soon....

SO - does anyone else have as much trouble as I do with moisturizers, sunscreen, etc? Have you ever found one to work for you?

I'm so tempted to do something else to clear up my skin or call the derm but I just know it won't do any good.. :wall:

Hello,

I also have a hard time with sun lotion. Just looking at it gives me a break out :mad: ... Anyway what i use and seems to be okay is -

Hawaiian tropic 15 protective...it is oil free and dermatologist tested...it offers good protection from the sun and doesn't seem to blobk pores...I'm from the Uk, not sure if you are, but I think this make is sold world over?

I hope that helps, I know how horrible it is....take care, loobin*

every single lotion/moisturizer/sunscreen that i have tried has caused soemthin to happen with my face.no as bad as your because my skin isn't really bad but its acne prone to basically anyhing if i use it or clogs if i dont so i'm screwed either way but yea i've had the same problem.i'm still looking for moisturizer that is right for me...gone through about 7-8 with bad results..guess ya gotta just find one that is right for you, all you can do is make sure its non-comedogenic and oil-free...thats about all you can do and hope for good results.somethin i do before i buy one is put some i my hand and rub it in to see if its shinny...i wont get it if it is because if it makes you hand shinny your face ill be even shinnyer (if thats a word) lol for your breakout just keep usin the bp but if you are using it and go out alot or have dry skin in the slightest you definitly need a moisturizer with an spf or you will ruin your skin.i think i f'd up my skin from using too much bp and not enough moisturizer(wasn't pretty)...and the moisturizer didn't have an spf.now EVERYTHING i put on my face causes little tiny bumps...it ruined my skin barrier so now my skin can't handle anyhting on it.hella sucks.still lookin for products that cause the least so ya defintily need a moisturizer if your face feals or looks dry in the slightest b/c if its dry on the outside the layers under are even worse which can cause everyhting to worsen.

gl

What was the active ingredient in the sunscreen you were using? Sometimes people are really sensitive to particular SPF ingredients but not to others. You really should try to find moisturizers/sunscreens that don't have that active ingredient (I'm guessing it's avobenzone, I think that's the one that gives some people problems). I think you would tolerate zinc oxide or titanium dioxide in sunscreens.

i use neutrogena "oil-free spf 45 sunblock lotion" and it works pretty well. their whole sell is that it won't clog pores or anything. the only problem is it gets messy if you're applying it in the morning right after doing the regimen....

I use a DDF SUNscreen (doctors dermatologyc formula) its a sunscreen buts its gel, nor cream

you have to search for gel suscreen, this one has worked tremendously perfect for my oily skin

What was the active ingredient in the sunscreen you were using? Sometimes people are really sensitive to particular SPF ingredients but not to others. You really should try to find moisturizers/sunscreens that don't have that active ingredient (I'm guessing it's avobenzone, I think that's the one that gives some people problems). I think you would tolerate zinc oxide or titanium dioxide in sunscreens.

I agree! Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide seem to be less likely to cause breakouts than the other sunscreen ingredients that are commonly in moisturizers and sunscreen lotions. Look around and see if you can find one with Titanium Dioxide and/or Zinc Oxide.