Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PinkGums

Should I start the CSR

My face is clearing up and I'm just using doxy and yasmin. For the most part, my skin is clear, although I know I'll eventually have to come off the antibiotic and I'm scared of the acne coming back even worse than it was when I started on treatments. I tried using proactiv first and my skin within two weeks was completely red, itchy and flaking. My doctor said my skin was probably just too senstitive for the Benzoyl Peroxide. Would it be a good idea for me to get on the CSR when my face is already clearing up. Would that prevent me from getting an initial breakout? Would starting it while my face is clear keep it from exploding in acne when I come off the doxy?

Someone who was in my shoes, or just knows what I should do, please help! :pray:

I couldn't say for sure, but I do imagine getting onto a regimen that would help maitain your clear skin would help prevent future breakouts. You could still have an initial breakout, but those are reletivly mild from what I hear.

If your face *was* too sensitive for BP, you might want to discuss with your doctor if your face will be able to handle BP now.

I do the CSR even when I am clear to prevent it coming back. BP does tend to make you red a flaky for the first couple of weeks you use it. Only if it is really red and painful and swollen should you be wary, as this could mean you are allergic to it.