Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Red marks be gone!!!  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Which products have worked for you? Please explain below if you can!

• Drinking lemon water
    • Applying lemon topically
    • Applying lavender topically
    • Drinking apple cider vinegar
    • Applying apple cider vinegar topically
    • Taking Vitamin C

I've read all over this forum about fading red marks and wanted to see which of these treatments have worked for you guys- of the treatment options, these are the only ones available to me while I'm studying abroad. FYI, these are the other ones I found after an extensive search on the Diet/Holistic Health forum:

-MSM powder

-emu oil

-Scarzone

-Neosporin

-Kombuch tea

-rosehip oil

-coconut oil (internal and topical)

-aloe (internal and topical)

-baking soda

-Derma E Skin Lighten

msm, a healthy diet full of fresh fruits (vitamin C) and vegetables, daily exercise and topical aloe vera is what's helping mine.

p.s. aloe vera is an awesome aftershave.

Guest WolfPleb

anyone?

Red light has been shown to recover red marks (~10-20%) faster or something. It also improves acne; particularly if you mix it with blue light.

It's not *exactly* natural, but red/blue lights emulate sunlight which massively improves acne... except sunlight has ultraviolet in, which tends to set the red marks (and makes acne worse in the long run)... so red/blue lamps are like sunlight without the UV. These lamps are *very* kind to your skin.

Oh yeah, topical vitamin A works too; and is an acne treatment, and vitamin A is natural. You can get it mixed in aloe vera which would help with the red marks.

Although I've heard (and believe) that Vitamin E may clog your pores, I've found great success in putting it on acne scars. Simply take an Vitamin E capsule, poke a hole in it, and apply a generous amount on your scars before bed. Try that for a few days and you may see results.

running and Lemon juice, better way of getting Vitamin C than a tablet aswell as removing mucus and alkalize the blood. Well done little lemon.