Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Liang

Why do I look so tanned after adoption of CSR?

I have been trying this regimen for 10 days and have seen obvious improvement with the 5%BP(for I can't find 2.5% in Beijing). However, my skin has become much tanned these days. (My skin used to be pretty white). And I got a serious problem of dead and flake skin.

Are all these caused by use of BP? Is there any suggestion to ease these bad effect?

All your answers will be much appreciated!!!

The CSR can be pretty drying - are you using moisturizer? It's also suggestted that if you haven't been using BP before to start out with smaller amounts and over a couple of weeks, increase the amount of BP you use.

I've actually heard other people say that the CSR makes them look a little tanner, though I couldn't tell you why.

if youre having dead and flaky skin while going outside, then youre not using enough moisturizer or youre using too much BP.

i havent really heard much about the tanning effects though, i cant say that happened to me.

my skin also looks more tanned that it used to

its basically the effect bp has on your skin

its not dangerous and its simply the reddening (hardening) effect of bp

nothing to worry about as its not really noticable.

altho in the sun you wil need sunscreen as you wil burn very easily

Thank you all! I will follow your advice to apply more moisturizer and less BP. However, every time when apply SP+cream, my face get drier and more dead skin. Anymore suggestions?

PS: Can I use BP once a day, (only at night?)

Thank you all! I will follow your advice to apply more moisturizer and less BP. However, every time when apply SP+cream, my face get drier and more dead skin. Anymore suggestions?

About the "tanned" look, I had that after the initial red period (about 1-2 weeks) and I recall one time when my friend asked me "Wow, did you hit the tanning salon or what?" He knew well enough that I would never go to a tanning salon yet still asked that question. Back to the point. I am now about 3 months into the CSR and this tanned look has significantly been reduced and my skin looks perfectly normal once again :D (now to deal with my annoying nose problem :wall: )

You can also use BP once nightly if your acne is not persistant. Try it, and if you are still breaking out, you might have to use it twice daily.

Haha i get exactly the same tanning effect from the BP. Seriously, it looks as though i have spent the last 6 months in the carribean lol. pretty sweet actually!

Thank you Luckycharms! Your answer makes me feel much relieved.

Liang

Haha, don't stress over it.

One of two things will happen.

1) Your skin will turn back to a normal tone

or

2) (Depending on how tanned your face looks) You will just forget about it and will accept how everyone else will soon be lookin' something similar to you as it IS summer. Your body will match your face tone and then everything will seem normal. Of course, if you have fair skin and this "tan" look is outrageous, then maybe this really isnt what will happen, but if you are somewhat olive skinned then this is definately a possibility.

Relax, it will eventually subside.

Ahhhh is everyone missing the obvious here?

BP increases photosensitivty to the sun... sun = tan... more sensitive to the sun = more tan.

Wear an SPF 30 and the you should be able to prevent this tanning.

I only use BP once a day at night and find it is enough for me. However, I would not recommend it if your acne is anything more than mild as it might not be enough. But its worth giving it a go and seeing what happens, as you can easily move back up to 2 applications a day :)

i did the regimen for a month and the the tanned look (if you looked close was just dead dry orange skin) didn't go away until i stopped and contiuned moisturizing daily.i know it was from usuing too much bp and mostly, not hardly enough moisturizer.you DEFINITLY need to use MORE moisturizer then you are if you are lookin tan because your skin is really damged.i know alot of people will say its the hardening effect but if it is it can be avoided alot, maybe not completely but alot mor ethen you probly have lol make sure your moisturizer has an spf in it becase the uv rays will actually tan your face indoors or out hella faster then any other part of your body.worsening the tan look.the best advice is to probly just use the bp before bed and step it down alittle on the amout you use and use plenty of moisturizer in the morning. a good way to know if you are not using enough moisturizer is if you face is dry...you arn't lol adn dry skin is reallly really bad and can really effect your skin the rest of your life and in the future so its very important.there are othr ways to keep your skin naturally hydrated too, just look it up on googel or somethin.ex, drinking enough water, eating enough vegetables...g-luck ;)

Guest T.M.

Agree with the above. BP makes your skin more open to the sun. I always try to use a moisturiser with some sort of UVA/UVB protection.

I haven't really noticed much of a tanned look with BP, but summers coming in the UK now so maybe I'll notice it then- Just make sure to use your sunscreens people, we don't all want to end up lobsters :redface:;)

i used to just do that before the regimen and it wasnt enough at all to keep me moderately clear. you can dry it, but it might not work for you because the BP wont be there all during the day.

I really like this site. Here, I have got lots of help and advices from you all and my skin is getting better and better. For the last several years, I have been in a big trouble with acne, I tried all kinds of medicine, including Western medicine and Chinese traditional medicine, but never got completely clear. I hope this time i will get it clear.

I really like this site. Here, I have got lots of help and advices from you all and my skin is getting better and better. For the last several years, I have been in a big trouble with acne, I tried all kinds of medicine, including Western medicine and Chinese traditional medicine, but never got completely clear. I hope this time i will get it clear.

:D Good Luck! :cool:

im sure it wil

feel free to ask us asmany questions as u wish :)