Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tinman

Tinman's Tinpot Thread For Keeping Cool In Summer

Hi everyone,

With summer very much here (well, in the UK anyway), I thought I'd share my tips on how to stay cool and cope during the summer, especially to help CSR users from sweating BP over their clothes! A lot of it may seem really obvious, but sometimes the obvious eludes even the best of us. :redface:

Ready? Let's go! :dance:

- Keep a chilled bottle of water in the fridge at all times for when you go out.

- Another good thing to carry if you're walking outside is one of those bottle coolers.

- Keep your trainers in the freezer. On a hot day they'll keep you cool outside for 15-20 mins.

- To avoid smelly feet - use deodorant! (well, duh!)

- Linen is your friend (and you're not even supposed to iron it!)

- Carry a small water spray can with you; you can spray yourself (when no one is looking ;) ), and then when the water evaporates off you, it will cool you down. When indoors, do this in front of a desk fan to cool down rapidly.

- As for BP: either don't use it on the lower neck (it should spread down anyway), or carry tissues to dab away any sweat.

- or simply wear white! Lighter shades reflect the heat from the sun anyway.

- holding your wrists under running water is not nearly as effective as sticking your feet in a bucket of icy-cold water. :razz:

- get air conditioning, dammit! :cool:

Feel free to add to this thread with your advice. :)

wearing white isnt a great tip, when bp "bleaches" things it doesnt necessarily bleach them in the traditional sense (turning them white). when you're wearing white clothes, bp will bleach them ORANGE.

Really? Wow. I had an off-white t-shirt that went a sort of orange from BP, but my three plain-white t-shirts, and one linen shirt aren't stained at all.

i know it doesnt involve keepin cool but

use sunscreen in the sun on anywhere u apply bp

(i was in the sun for prob an hour max playing basketball on sat an i had a red chin that night)

bp makes you more sensitive

Good point, Dami4n. :)

And aren't some sunscreens designed to make you sweat less? Don't know whether they are non-comedogenic or not though.

I'll have to remember these. I grew up in Arizona, which is hot. But I've since moved to a very humid part of the country, and it's amazing how much this affects my skin care!

most importantly...

re-apply sunscreen when @ beach or w/e. every few hours, put some more sunscreen on your face so so u don't get burned b/c as we all know, BP increases sunlight sensitivity. so do antibiotics, and other acne creams...

i put sunscreen on in the morning with bp and then hang out in the sun for hours after school like 8 hours after i applied the sunscreen and i never get any redness.

Here's a new one. if you're going to be outside for a while:

Put a two-thirds full bottle of water in the freezer. (The water will expand, so don't have it completely full or it'll crack the bottle)

Then take that with you. :)

oohh Thrice, you have a good taste in music there Stocko, seems as Thrice aint as respected as they should be.

Teppe' :D

yeah my face is slight red atm, due to sun:S getting a sunscreen tomorrow, but sods law the sun has gone and now its kinda rainy

A really good sunscreen is from La Roche Posay, the Athelios fluid. It sinks right in, is non-comodogenic and doesn't sweat off. It is more expensive, but stays put and WORKS.