Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
iamthom

Purging after change in face wash?

I was wondering, since im just about out of my current face wash, if I were to change my face wash to another kind, such as the Clean & Clear Oxygenating Fizzing Cleanser, would any purge effects take place? Ive switched brands before, but never really took notice or attributed any acne to the switching of cleansers. This oxygenating cleanser seems really appealing to me and I hear good things from reviews, and especially since im almost out of my current stuff (Neutrogena, Oil-Free Acne Wash, Foaming). So im a little worried. My face has cleared up remarkably over the past months ever since ive started using calamine lotion on it. Only thing I have to worry about now is the blackheads (though they might me milia or some such) to slough off and maybe a pimple or two here and there.

Any replies would be greatly appreciated!

I would say that it depends on the ingredients in the two face washes. I know that I switch between the Purpose bar & Clearsil occasionally, and I never get any bad breakouts, but then again they're both just regular cleansers and not specifically made for acne.