Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kirstin

28F, Second Course of Accutane

Glad you're skin is improving since we started riughly at the same time. My skin hasn't been that great lately because of my lack of exercise. I also have somewhat like an eczema on my upper arm. I am treating it with an OTC hydrocortisone, and accutane exacerbates the condition making it uber itchy.

Day 62

Well, I have to pick up my prescription today, if the order went through. I had one pill left today. What was weird is that they messed up my appt and made it on the 30th day, but they were still able to get me into the system! Yay! I wonder if there actually is a "window" that is allows for things like that. I really didn't think they were going to be able to enter me in yesterday!

I was lazy and I haven't filled the other prescription for the eczema stuff. Fortunately, my bf has some cream for itchies, and I used it last night and this am. It was weird, I felt really lightheaded after I applied it, maybe I should just get off my lazy butt and get my own filled. Its really weird, but there are bumpies all over my right arm, like poison ivy or something. Its not necessarily as itchy as the red/inflamed patches near my elbows and chest.

AND...apparently my dandruff is back. Yesterday, I went to the derm super early with a black shirt on and noticed the flakes! Yuck...fortunately, I had time to run home and back to work! Geez! Gotta start using the dandruff stuff!

Nothing much to report. Same old same old. Hope everyone is doing well!

Thanks ya'll! I really appreciate it! I probably think it looks worse than it does...as always!

Your skin looks great!

Please excuse my stupidity but what exactly is millia? I don't see anything on your cheek.

Day 63

Hi ya'll!

I woke up very tired today. I could barely function. I needed about 6 cups of coffee to function ok today. Seems like I go through waves of lethargy, but its still worth it! Lips are cooperating a bit better, although these past couple days I have been picking (bad bad bad) at them. I am still itchy, but the cream the derm gave me works. I am just itchy other places now and my upper chest is very RED (but it has always been sensitive, so I am not surprised it is reacting to the accutane). I had two white heads appear under chin line, popped them, then again this evening, nothing too bad. My eyes are red throughout the day. I can tell about an hour or so after a pill that it is getting into my bloodstream because my eyes get so dry! Weird! I don't like to put drops in bc of my makeup, hmmm...

Well, same old same old. Seems like my complexion is looking better these days.

Hope all is well for everyone!

K

Yay! :dance: Glad to hear your skin is looking good. So, you're getting the red eyes too? My eyes seem to go through stages where they're not too bad and then get red and irritated (had to wear glasses today because my left eye was so bad). If it wasn't for the eye problems I would say that the side effects are totally managable. You're right though, it's all worth it in the end. Have a great weekend!

T

Thanks Tanya! Yeah, I'm wondering if my coworkers think I am a burnout or something! My manager seemed to allude to it the other day! Geez! :cool:

Day 64

Another day that I am worried about my scars. I really don't know where this obsession has come from. My skin will never be perfect and I just need to accept it. I tend to not go out anymore because I am so self-concious about them. I used to not really care as much, but here lately I am obsessed. I need to stay away from the mirrors but I can't. I'm just going to have to start saving for fraxel or something.

Nothing much going on today. Eczema is better today, so that is looking up. I cut my toe and it bled like crazy! Don't know if that has to do with accutane or what, but it sure was a lot of blood!

I hope eveyone is doing well.

K

Day 66

I am completely not feeling well today. I am having nausea and aches and pains. It feels like I have a fever and I have a dull headache. I don't know what is going on. Maybe I am just getting sick. I don't think I can take my full dose today!

K

*Edit- I just went to the bathroom and my eyes are soooo red. My bottom lid (next to my eye) is really red, in both eyes (one has a contact, the other doesn't). What am I going to do? How do you put drops in with eye makeup on?

Day 67

The days in this journal are flying by!

Anyways, I skipped both doses yesterday because I didn't feel well at all! I think it was a bad idea to take both 30mg at once on Sunday (I had a big fattening lunch, so I thought that it would be better to take both with such a big meal). I have done it before, but this time I felt really sick by dinner time. We went out to dinner and I was super cold and itchy. Yesterday, my eyes were red and itchy. I felt like I had the flu. My back was achy, my eyes burned, dull headache, nauseaand I wasn't hungry. All I could do was watch the clock until it was time to go home. Then, I just laid in bed all evening long. I woke up feeling much better, but my contact eye is bothering me still (only one eye needs one). Its more so my bottom lid that is itchy. I hope I don't get pink eye or something! Crap! I went ahead and ate some breakfast this AM and took a pill around 9:30.

So, therefore, if you are taking a large dosage like me, don't take both the pills together, it really is best to spread them out and lessens the side effects.

K

Hi Kristin- I started using Systane for severe dry eyes recommended by the optometrist. I don't wear contacts but it works good and I use it 3 x day. You seem to be doing well. Good luck to you,

Jenna

Hey Kirsten! Hope you're feeling better today. For the last 2 days I've been feeling like I'm coming down with something, too. But, I think it's just the 'tane - I'm starting to forget what it's like to feel 'normal'. :rolleyes:

Tanya

Tanya-I am totally there with you on that one! Normal? What's normal? I think I forgot!

Day 70

So, I'm still feeling ill. It is really hard for me to eat and sometimes hard to even drink. I feel like I have the flu. I really want to eat but my physical body does not want to. I slept after work yesterday, got up, watched some tv and went back to bed. I must've gotten 10 hours of sleep, yet I was still so tired in the morning! Good thing I don't have to wash my hair every morning or there would be no way in hell I would be able to function while looking half way decent. The other day I waited 3 days to wash, and it still looked clean, and was easier to style than freshly washed hair! Today, I got out of bed, pulled my hair back in a pony and put some foundation on and voilia I made it to work!

I am trying to hang in there. I hope this is just a phase.

Geesh K, sounds horrible. I hear ya! I was sick for the last 2 weeks. I somehow ended up with bronchitis and then laryngitis because I didn't go to the doctor soon enough. I feel better now though after adding to my stack of pills each day. Hope this finds you well, check out my last post I finally put in my new pics.

M

Day 73

Overall Skin Condition:

Nothing much to report. My skin is actually looking better lately, at least today I was like "hmm...the scars don't look so bad" although the sun wasn't out so I didn't see them in full sunshine! I really wish this obsession would go away! I think I had some newbies coming through, but they were very small and immediately turned to scabs! Millia are still there. Some days they are bigger than others.

Side-Effects:

I've been loathing taking my pills lately. I probably shouldn't complain so much, but damn, they make me ill lately! I hope when I go on vaca (yay, I'm going to Florida, and wish I won't come back!) that I won't be sick the whole time! My lips are raw, and I need to stop picking them...very bad habit! My eyes get very dry and red. After an hour or so after I take a pill, I can feel the dryness coming on along with the sickness. When I wake up in the AM, I have really bad dark circles under my eyes! Is there some sort of cummulative side effects...ie do your side effects get worse the longer you are on it? Because it sure as hell seems like mine are getting worse!

I am thinking that i will try Spiro when I get off accutane in Nov. I need to get these millia thingies removed and really don't want the oil to come back. From what I have read, Spiro works for some women to drastically reduce the oil! It would be wonderful if I could find something that would stop the oil production while I get all the cosmetic stuff done. I also am thinking about getting some botox done, as I am starting to see some wrinkles (I really didn't think I would ever get wrinkles, but here I am 27 with acne and freaking wrinkles!).

Well, that's all for now...ttyl

K

Day 74

Major breakout today...where did it come from? 3 midsized spots and they are looking B-A-D! Yuck...I thought I was through this. Its not looking good for my post accutane adventures! Crap!

Today is day #75 for me, and yesterday I actually had a couple of zits near my lips (although today I think they're gone). Since this is the only area I seem to be getting new acne it must be related to all the stuff I'm putting on my lips? Is that where you're getting them to?

Heather-They are on my jawline, but I know what you are talking about, I have some millia thingies in that area that I think are due to all of the lip products.

I just realized that it is probably most likely because I ate freaking CHEESE the other day. I always breakout from it. This totally sucks bc i used to go sooo long without eating it because I didn't have it in my fridge when I lived alone. Now, I live with my boyfriend and one of his main staples is Pizza! I just need to stop it! The accutane cannot prevent it plus I am under some major stress lately.

Day 75

Well, I had to flame that DanK guy, he just pisses me off sometimes! Then there was some other know it all that pissed me off to. Its like either these people do not know how to communicate electronically or they just don't know how to communicate! Geez! I wish they would get a clue. And how can they say this product or that product is better, when there isn't a "better" its more about advice. Its like they intentionally discredit your opinion by saying, no this is better yada yada yada. Ya know what i am saying? The post should read "this product worked for me" instead of "that product doesnt work, use this one". Its like when people say things like "accutane will make you crazy." Whatever...they are the crazy ones...ok enough ranting for the day! How does anyone ever know anything about this acne situation we are all in? I think that is why we are all here!

Nothing much to report. Feeling better today! My ex finally emailed me back! He broke my heart a couple of months ago, and I have been really really really down about it. He didn't say much in the email, but that he was really busy and he would write more later! Yay!

K

Cheese makes you break out? Dammit I eat cheese all the time! I love it. And since I hate milk and never drink that I depend on my cheese for calcium. F that I'm not going to give up foods I love because of acne (I've already given up soda and alcohol!)

Really? I am goimg to try to cut out cheese and see what happens. I eat it a lot. I can't take these cysts anymore. Even on the accutane they still pop up...bastards.

Yeah, I think a lot of people have this problem, but especially me! I was brought up on soy products and formula. Then, around pre-adolecence, I ate a lot of cheese as a veggie. Throughout hs, I had cysts, sometimes really bad. I went on a diet that is suppossed to tell you if you are allergic to something (brown rice diet) and found out that it was the cheese. About 3 or 4 days after eating cheese, I get cysts or really painful spots. The more cultured and rich the cheese the worse the cyst or the spot!

Its soooo hard because our soceity uses cheese as a major part of our diet and its just about in everything! I have to check the back of packages to make sure cheese isnt an ingredient, even though, common sense would tell me that product shouldn't contain it!

Day 81

Well, no news is good news, I guess. My eczema is back. Its really weird, not very itchy, but dry patches that are almost like scabs, but brown, not red. Nothing really major. I have good days and bad days. No newbies, and I am feeling better lately, as compared to that flu like phase I was going through. I still hate my millia! Looks like I have some deep closed comedones still coming to the surface. They look like black heads.

Non-Accutane News:

I sent my resume out and got a call back on my "excellent" resume! Yay! :dance: Only problem is leaving this job is going to be tough. Its not that I absolutely don't like the job, I just want to be near my family and friends again. I am not a northerner, I am a southerner, and I am not a city girl, but not a bfe girl either. I like my towns to be right in between and laid back. i don't like the stress of living near a city or the people that live here! Whatever...I have to do what is best for me!

I hope everyone is doing well!

Thanks for stopping by,

K

weird I think i get the same thing with the cheese and alcohol since it affects my kidney and hormones

and how milk has hormones and alcohol is used by your kidneys to filter alcohol

:think:

glad you got your resume thru good luck with it =)