Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kirstin

28F, Second Course of Accutane

I know how you feel about ipledge.

I was supposed to get my prescription wed.

and i still dont have it :cry:

I was so excited...

The dr has put the dates of my test in wrong..and i literally called the ipledge people like 10 times

my dr like 15 times

and the pharmacy like 10 times

the ipledge people said it was the drs fault

the dr said it was the pharmacy...etc.

everyone blamed it on each other until i switched pharmacies (as advized by my dr) and the pharmacist let me know that it was the dr who was filling out things wrong...She was the only person who actually would take time to call the ipledge number to talk to someone...I'm so mad cuz the nurses kept saying 'well, we're doing all we can do it's not our fault, it's the pharmacy'

i suppose someone new to ipledge just screwed up *because my derm isn't conservate about accutane*..but this is supposed to be my first month..if things are going this badly it makes me wonder how much worse it's going to get... :(

I've just been so upset...hopefully things will get straightened out tomorrow

So, I completely know how you feel...

ipledge is nothing but an insult to a female's intelligence...

Having to take monthly quizzes on sex and bc is just like a slap to the face

AMEN! I missed 2 days of pills due to iPledge and I was totally infuriated. We are all being treated so unfairly!

I pledge is a pain!

2 days of missing meds wont do much, you'll be back on track

in no time! Tane stores in fat, it stays in the system to some

degree for months after treatment stops.

Tane will take care of the millia too..might as well

get rid of it all!!! It is a good sign that the small stuff

like millia is coming out, that stuff is usually rock hard

and really stuck so your pores are really clearing now!

take care...hang in there!

I know this isn't nice to say but I wonder if you told the folks who control IPledge that you don't need to do it -because you had a hysterectomy and there is no possible way of getting pregnant.... :lol:

I feel everyone's pain who has to put up with this. :(

Mel- That wasn't a bad thing to say...but you are sweet for being careful! Well, I still have to follow their protocol. Basically, the delay was due to the fact that my 31 day fell on a saturday. I can't get my prescriptions ahead of time (Ipledge rules) so had to wait until Monday (after day 31) to go to the doc to get the prescription. Then, I had to get it ordered, which took another day. Good thing is I found a pharmacy (Harris Teeter of all places!) that I can call ahead, b4 my appt, to get it ordered so that there won't be a delay at the pharmacy!

PS-I noticed today, in my makeup mirror that most of my blackheads are gone! Yay! Next, the ones near my nose on my cheeks need to go!

Day 33

I felt really sick all day today. I don't know what's up. Really emotional too. The sides of my mouth are healing, but I think its due to the fact that I was without my full dosage for 4 days. The sides of my mouth are the worst. It wouldn't be so bad if it was just chapped lips! I have to constantly check the sides because the skin will make it look like I have food around my mouth...how embarassing...

Anyways, I feel a lot of bumpies coming through on my chin. They weren't there yesterday! They are those under the skin things I have in various places on my face. I hope they go away this month!

I'm excited that the blackheads on my nose are gone! They've been there for years. Only thing is that the skin is very uneven and looks like big pores now. Will they ever close up?

Oil: disipating

Newbies: Whitehead on my chin is drying up

Side Effects: Feeling kinda sick and kinda down.

Well, that's all for now. Hope all is well for everyone. Thanks for stopping by.

K

Hi K,

Checking in on you. Sorry to hear about your lips. I have the same problem with being very chapped and cracked past the lip line. It HURTS! :evil: The sides near my nose are cracking and bleeding. Ughhhh.

I do feel your pain. Hope you heal real soon-

if we could get on accutane the first minute our acne got worse , there wouldn;t be such a big mess to clean up in the end...

good luck !

Day 34

Nothing much to report. Another boring day at work :boohoo: . Nothing going on with my face. Sides of my mouth are really bothersome. If I don't apply auqaphor every hour or less, the skin makes it lood like I have food on the sides of my mouth. I started taking 800IU of vitamin E, but am going to increase to 1200IU (as suggested in another post).

Oil: disipating

Newbies: Whitehead on my chin is dried up

Side Effects: Felt better today.

Day 35

I am thinking about going on a boat tomorrow and there will be tubing etc...I think I am just gonna get the maximum SPF in waterproof and reapply often. I don't want my skin to get any worse than it already is...but I do want to have fun!

I noticed today that my feet are super dry. I guess its time to get some good moisturizer for them.

Oil: Pretty much gone again

Newbies: None

Side Effects: None

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great weekend!

K

Day 38

I've been feeling sick since last night. I ate shellfish the night before and am wondering if it was the shellfish or the accutane. :confused:

I went out on a boat saturday, and got a little color. I wore spf 15 and was out for 2 hours towards the end of the day. Nice to know I can do that.

Nothing much is going on. The blackheads on my cheeks are slowly going away. I noticed if I just ran my nail across them the head would come out, leaving a hole. I'm still waiting for those under the skin white thingys to go away. They are all over my cheek bones and one side of my chin. I guess my skin needs to get thinner and that stuff needs to surface.

Oil: Skin seems a bit oily

Side Effects: Sore, tummy ache

Blackheads: Gone on nose, now leaving the cheeks.

Thanks for stopping by!

Day 39

The days seem to be going by much faster after the first couple weeks. It seems like the vitamin a thing is working. My lips aren't as chapped and the sides of my mouth arent cracking as much... so I can smile now :D

Those thingys under my skin seem to be kinda disappearing, but when I looked really close in a makeup mirror (which always sucks!) some of them kinda reminded me of little volcanos or large blackheads because it looks like the pores are opening up or something...weird! :think:

Same old same old....

Newbies: One small one on the side of my face.

Side effect: Stomach is kinda quesy still! :sick:

K

K,

Thanks for your recent help! I still can't figure it out. :confused: I checked everything on my control panel and either I'm missing it or it's just not there.

Sorry to hear about your tummy ache. :sick: I hope that it went away. I've got those stubborn black heads on my cheeks too. I can't get rid of them to save my life. Hope all is well...

M

just stopping by to say good luck =) sorry you getting stomach cramps though hope it passes quickly

I think the worst I had when I was on accutane was sharp headaches that went away and nosebleeds other then that the dry skin and legthargy were'nt that bad

good luck =)

Day 41

Ya know...I guess its just my nature, but I always want more more more. My skin is dry (no oil), but I really would like the bumps to go away. Some of them look like they are opening and kinda look like blackheads. Hmm...I guess I am only about 1/5 into my treatment, so hopefully they will go away.

My lips are pretty terrible. I have to apply apply apply about every 1/2 hour. Before I was worried about my oil, now its my lips! Go figure! Whatever...I am at the point where I don't care, as long as I am oil free and my bumps are gonna go away.

I don't want to alarm anyone, but my friend (who is kinda high maintenance) lost a lot of hair on accutane and keeps calling me to talk to me about it (which is fine b/c she is very upset, her hair is very important to her). Apparently, her hair is growing back in differently, kinda kinky. She says that there are people out there that have thinning hair even 5 years after, and they attribute it to accutane (scapegoat?). She went to a derm today and he said he was surprised that the hair was even growing back. I don't know about all ya'll but I really don't give a damn about the side effects! I think everyone is different and has different rxns to this stuff. Even if you lose hair, it doesn't mean that its not gonna grow back. This crap is just crazy! Who knows for sure about anything! I'm not sure if she is trying to scare me or what. She really shouldn't have been on it anyways (3 times!) because she really just gets a lone pimple here and there, not nearly what I have. Anyways...

Nothing new to report today! No newbies, just the old bumpies that have been there since before accutane.

Hope everyone is well!

Thanks for stopping by!

K

Hi Kirstin! Thanks for your post in my picture gallery. If all goes well, I will be starting tane in mid-late August. My initial bloodwork was just done on Wednesday then I go back 3 weeks from then for the 2nd round. Woohoo!

Sorry to hear about the newbie on your chin!! But you and me both know how much worse the cysts are. Everytime I get a whitehead I kind of praise them, I'm like, thank god you're not a cyst!! It will go away before you know it ;) Talk to ya soon.

Day 44

CRAP! I popped one of these white thingies that was opened up, to see what would happen, and now I think its gonna leave a scar! There was a whole lotta stuff that came out, and came out easily, but F#$%! I am already so worried about my scars...now I just added to them! Why couldn't I just leave it alone? It looks like there is a loss of tissue there! Would it have come out and scarred anyways? If so, there are some huge ones on the other side that are going to scar too! I don't know what to do! I've been dousing it with globs of neosporin. I think I am gonna pick up some of that mederma stuff! I am so tired of this!

edit: just search mederma in the scar forum...It can make it worse! I guess I will just stick with the neosporin!

K

Day 45

Another day...another scar...will it ever end? So, I picked...actually I popped one of those milia things, and I think its gonna scar. What is messed up is that I don't think those will come out on their own (just by what I saw). I have about 10 huge ones on the side that doesn't have many scars and about 20 small ones on the other side. I have resolved that I REALLY am going to LEAVE THEM ALONE...at least until I see my derm the next time. They are rather unsightly as they progress...they look like huge blackheads!

I have been applying neosporin to the picked spot as well as that side of the face (where most of my scarring is). It seems to have calmed down and the neosporin, as weird as this may sound, mattifies my skin after I apply makeup. I hope that isn't bad to do...would it possibly impede accutane's progress?

I have been obsessed with scars lately...sorry if I am just going on and on about it. My scars are minor to many, yet they are huge to me! It sucks! Oh well...there's nothing I can really do about it now.

Side effects: achy and tired

Oil: gone

K

I definitely think your scars will be gone by the time you're done with this course. Our skin is pretty similar and my derm told me my scarring is "superficial" and accutane should take care of it. Both of my sisters had similar skin to mine too, and they verrrry minimal scarring. You can't even see it, only they can see it because it's on themselves. Keep your head up and yes, make a deal with yourself to stop picking! That's going to be so hard for me to do when I start!! I'm already trying to stop but I'm sooo used to picking. :wacko:

Redsoxluva-

I sure hope it helps improve the look of my scarring! So your derm told you that also? I posted a thread "Accutane for Scars?" and got some msgs like that it was BS that accutane can do that. But my derm told me that it would. Then I figured that it was my paticular type of scaring. Retin A helped, so why not accutane...its just a systemic version of retin A.

NO MORE PICKING for KIRSTIN!

K

That is good that retin-a worked for your scarring because I feel it made mine worse. Weird huh? Your scarring is not deep at all so I think the accutane is exactly what you need to get rid of it.

Don't worry about your scaring...I saw your pics..and it's very superficial..

All mine is superficial except for two spots where I had cysts on my cheek..My mom said we would look into dermabrasion or a peel after I was finished with accutane..

I know how you feel about popping...I popped about three the other day..I know, I'm bad...But I can't help it either..But soon we won't have any spots to pop!!!!

Day 47

Thanks for all of your support! Sometimes I really obsess about my scars. I just wish I could turn back time and prevent them! My hs reunion is coming up and I am so worried people are gonna be like what happend to her!

So, I felt a lot better today! It seems like everyday I get a bit achy and icky. I changed taking my pills from in the morning and at dinner time to at lunch time and dinner time. And, I drank lots of h2o yesterday.

My skin looks kinda shiny on the side with the most scars. I don't know what is up with that. Hmmm

Nothing much to report. I think the vitamin e is working well, my lips aren't as crazy.

Just another one of my boring logs!

Thanks for stopping by,

K

Hi Kirstin. I was just reading your log. Dont obsess about the scars. There are too many other things in life to worry about. :D Hand in there, your skin will be looking great in no time.

Kirstin there's nothing you can do about the scarring right now while you're on Accutane so no use stressing about it. 6 months after you finish your course if it's still there, then you can try a cosmetic procedure to even skin out. I've heard that Fraxel light therapy is great (although it can take 5 treatments and get expensive).

How come I can't view your "Accutane timeline"? Do you have to have a special password or something? ;)

Heather: Not sure why you aren't able to view. I might have made it private bc there were many nasty comments about that I don't have an acne problem. I do, its just hard to see in the pics. I do get cysts but there were mostly small under the skin pimples in those pics just waiting to form more cysts! I'll change it to public.

Day 49 (I think!)

Everything is going pretty well, skin-wise. Stressed out over work again. I am glad to have accutane b/c I'm sure I would've flarred up from the stress! I don't paticularly care for consulting. It must take a certain kind of person to like this kind of job! :boohoo:

Today I am so so about the scaring. I actually saw a girl at work today that had worse scaring than me, yet it was very similar to my scaring, just all over her face. I never see anyone with bad skin at work! hmmm...weird.

I have to apply carmex or something to my lips every half an hour or they look just terrible. It doesn't help that I forgot to load up on the aquaphor last night at bedtime! One of the guys on my project kept wiping the sides of his mouth b/c I had cracked skin there (he was trying to tell me to do something about it). Its hard to do anything about it when you are sitting one on one with someone :( . In one aspect I wanna say "look, I am on this medication that makes my lips super chapped" but don't bc its still embarassing for me. On top of it all, everyone at work is so superficial! Whatever, at least my skin isn't oily. :wall:

I wore this super cute shirt to work and noticed that my shoulder/back is peeling! I noticed this am that my body seemed red-er than normal, but just dismissed it. I think I am going to pick up some baby wash instead of using dove. I was just not using soap, except on the important parts, but then I started to feel gross.

I had one whitehead yesterday after work along my chin line. WTF? That just started in the last 6 months. I need to really get this hormone thing checked out! I don't want it to continue after accutane!

Newbie: 1 yesterday

oil: gone

Side Effects: none

Thanks for stopping by,

K