Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
foxy

Figured it Out

I had acne since I was SIX years old and the derms and doctors had no clue why i was having acne. First they said it was genes then alergies then lack of vitamins. I've tried everything and I was a really healthy kid I hardly eat sugar or anything because my perants kept on thinking that was causing it. I recently read an article that milk might cause acne and I haven't been drinking it for about a week and i've seen a little bit of inprovment but I don't know if its the Aloe Vera or the milk. I drink milk in the morning and night and so do my little sister and brother and there both under the age of 10 and they have acne.

Has anyone actually cut out eating everything diary and got clear skin?

Everyone varies with sensitivity to dairy. Many types of acne exist, some people are not affected by diet at all; others are. I personally found that dairy was one of the leading causes of my break-outs. After cutting out dairy products my skin was quickly on its way to clearing up.

When I stray from my strict no dairy diet and eat some then I break out shortly after.

So yes you might very well have a dairy sensitivity and that may be one of your triggers. I did and had NO idea.

I recommend doing what you are (eliminating milk and other dairy for a gooood while) see if you continue to see clearing. Then once you clear (if you clear) have some dairy to see if you'll break out. That was my little long term trick to test how dairy affects my skin.

We all drink milk since we are babies but i dont think its the cause.Infact im drinking 1 litre plus milk for god knows maybe the last 20 years ? and ive had mild acne 3 years ago which im sure had nothing to do with milk.But i do believe diff people get acne for diff reasons,if you think that milk is then stop but you cannot get results just by stopping for one weke and think you clearing thats more a mental thing,it will take a couple of months maybe to see visible improvement even if milk was the reason.

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

please don't stop drinking milk....

Please elaborate, i'm interested to know your reasoning.

Because Milk is a fatty substance that contains barely any benefit after the pasteurization process. It has* the worst form of calcium in it. Which Is carbonate and then magnesium and zinc have to be present for proper absorbtion of calcium. So the thing about it being really good for you is a myth. Why do you think america is the leading dairy consumer but also #1 in osteoporosis?...But other then that I drink lots of milk, only 1% though cause it has like a fourth the fat as whole

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

Because Milk is a fatty substance that contains barely any benefit after the pasteurization process. It was the worst form of calcium in it. Which Is carbonate and then magnesium and zinc have to be present for proper absorbtion of calcium. So the thing about it being really good for you is a myth. Why do you think america is the leading dairy consumer but also #1 in osteoporosis?...But other then that I drink lots of milk, only 1% though cause it has like a fourth the fat as whole

I think you misunderstood what i was asking. The person i quoted was implying that not drinking milk (of the cow variety i assume) was bad. I wanted them to elaborate as i'm of the opinion that cows milk isn't compatible with the human body.

I think you'll find that we're (you and i) actually on the same level here.

Because Milk is a fatty substance that contains barely any benefit after the pasteurization process. It has* the worst form of calcium in it. Which Is carbonate and then magnesium and zinc have to be present for proper absorbtion of calcium. So the thing about it being really good for you is a myth. Why do you think america is the leading dairy consumer but also #1 in osteoporosis?...But other then that I drink lots of milk, only 1% though cause it has like a fourth the fat as whole

I think you misunderstood what i was asking. The person i quoted was implying that not drinking milk (of the cow variety i assume) was bad. I wanted them to elaborate as i'm of the opinion that cows milk isn't compatible with the human body.

My fault, I didnt mean it in reply to you. but just to show thats why milk isnt necessarily "good" for you

-Rich

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

My fault, I didnt mean it in reply to you. but just to show thats why milk isnt necessarily "good" for you

-Rich

:D

Dairy products, obviously including milk, are very high in iodine, which should be avoided in high quantities if you suffer from acne. I have avoided high-iodine foods and sugar and it has helped my skin a lot.

it is proven, nothing you eat causes acne. You get acne from genes and maybe stress.

rich1234, you may be right, but even if it does have the "worst" form of calcium in it, at least its calcium. I think the benefits of drinking milk at a young age outweigh the risk of maybe causing acne.

it is proven, nothing you eat causes acne. You get acne from genes and maybe stress.

rich1234, you may be right, but even if it does have the "worst" form of calcium in it, at least its calcium. I think the benefits of drinking milk at a young age outweigh the risk of maybe causing acne.

Pretty bold statement.

I drank whey protein shakes for about 3 months and had the worst acne in my life. I came to this site and suddenly realized what was causing it. I stopped the protein shakes and my acne cleared up. I think it's pretty ridiculous if you believe NOTHING you put into your body will effect your acne, every body is different.

sure food can in some isolated cases contribute to acne, everybody's body reacts differently to different impulses (even those caused by food). But most people dont experience acne from any type of food ;).

Anyways its become quite clear that modern industrial milk does far more harm then good to your body, not that you'll die from a bit of milk but there are always better choses to drink in the morning (increases chance for childhood diabetis, heart disease, ovarian cancer,...).

Not that I disagree with you but saying something like america is #1 in osteoporosis because they are also #1 in milk consumption requires proof and some research to back it up. Otherwise I could say america is #1 in osteoporosis because they are #1 in hot dog consumption. It has as much credibility as your statement without evidence.