Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DaCitysBest25

Dans BP and Doctors BP ..Questions

I've been using Benzoyl Peroxide for a while now. Im going to describe what it says on the box. It says erythromycin and benzoyl peroxide topical gel, eruthromycin (3%) and benzoyl peroxide (5%). Does it work the same way as in the video? And sometimes i get cofused on how much to use because its like in a container instead of the thing you squeeze on your finger? Also i noticed like after 3 months the gel start getting weird like rubberish, is that suppose to happen?? Please answer the question if u can ..THANKS

Im not sure ...how can i tell?? ...my pimples arent notciable most of time, like they could get small ..you would have to be real close to see them ..however when I break out like now, I get a whole bunch a pimples on the lower part of my forehead, like near the eyebrows. Its not like real serious acne ..But its there. And there not white head, there like bumps. Thats the only place i get pimples.

the gel you have is benzamycin

it goes rubber like due to it being prepared at the chemist. i used to have it when i first got acne, and the chemsist adds the antibiotic and the solvent solution to the BP and mixes it.

so that gives it a "use by" life, so as its been 3 months its gone past it, and you need to get a new pot.

however, i suggest asking your doctor for Duac gel, which is 5% BP and 1% climdamycin(anti biotic) as it comes in a tube and is much more hygenic that way.

if you want any more info just ask xx

Thanks ...If i was to get the benzoyl peroxide from some place like CVS, like get a clearasel brand or something, will it be better then the one the doctor gives me. Does it matter its Benzoyl Peroxide 10%??

I don't think should get something from clearasil since the brand's products are terrible. The percent of bp does matter as something higher would work faster but it also would be more irritating. You shouldn't use anything higher than five percent for your face. I think you can use what you have now to try to see if it helps but otherwise you could try dan's bp which has less bp then your medicine your using now but it does absorb better when you rub it in.

Thanks ...If i was to get the benzoyl peroxide from some place like CVS, like get a clearasel brand or something, will it be better then the one the doctor gives me. Does it matter its Benzoyl Peroxide 10%??

I wouldnt suggest the Clearasil brand, i suggest either you BUY "OXY on the Spot 2.5% BP" or "Neutrogena On the Spot 2.5% BP"

or ask your doctor for "Duac Gel 5% + 1%" which you only apply at night, thats is very good if you only need BP at night.

any more questions/info then just ask xx

I've been using Benzoyl Peroxide for a while now. Im going to describe what it says on the box. It says erythromycin and benzoyl peroxide topical gel, eruthromycin (3%) and benzoyl peroxide (5%). Does it work the same way as in the video? And sometimes i get cofused on how much to use because its like in a container instead of the thing you squeeze on your finger? Also i noticed like after 3 months the gel start getting weird like rubberish, is that suppose to happen?? Please answer the question if u can ..THANKS

Like the others have mentioned, that product is a combination of topical antibiotic and benzoyl peroxide. It isn't meant to be used in the generous manner that Dan uses with the CSR. Also your product should be refrigerated to keep it fresh, and if it has gone rubbery, it is time to get a fresh one.

But if you want to give the CSR a try, you can get a 2.5% benzoyl peroxide from www.clearskinregimen.com or you can buy Neutrogena on-the-spot at Walmart, CVS, etc. Also CVS has their store brand of 2.5% bp as well.

Kool ..today I bought a new cream. Its from neutrogena, deromtoligsts recommeded. Its says its 2.5%benzoyl peroxide, but it works as good as 100%, but with less irritation. Is this a good buy? Do you think I should u Dans regimen with it. I hope this works better than the benzoyl the doctor gave me.

yes, you can use that with the Regimen.

It won't be more effective than your prescription from the derm, but if you use it as Dan says to in the CSR, it should help mild to moderate acne.

kool, but it seems that the one thats perscribed only works when it wants to. And i only ususally but it on when I get home from skool and at night because when I put the one from the derm on some sinks in and some stay on my face ,like white crust. I guess i'll see what happens.

Well, the neutrogena on-the-spot will leave a white residue also. Using a moisturizer like Dan describes does help with this, but doesn't always completely eliminate it.

That's why Dan's CSR gel is unique, it is a clear gel, goes on clear and dries clear.

It also leave my pimples on my forehead real red, plus there already red since I put it on when I get out the shower and dry my face up. Yeaa.. I wish I could Dan's gel, but my dad is scared to use his credit card online. Is there anything in stores that is similar??

Unfortunately there is nothing like Dan's gel that is available in stores. You might reassure your dad by visiting http://www.clearskinregimen.com/privacy_policy.php with him. It is a secure checkout and pretty much impossible for anything bad to happen with his credit card information. You can also pay with check, cash, money order, Pay Pal (which can be linked to a bank account instead of a credit card)...lots of options. But he shouldn't feel uncomfortable ordering the gel online from Dan. As far as I know, nobody who has ever ordered from Dan has had unauthorized credit card transactions or any problems along those lines. Ordering online has become quite safe in the past few years and not any more riskier than using his card in person.

Yeaahh ..i'm gonna make sure he see's that. How long does it take to come in the mail, and how long does a bottle usually last you when your on the regimen